Wii vs Xbox

Link_ said:
tell me just 3 of zelda quality or better.

Your kidding right?

Oblivion
Gears Of War
Rainbow Six Vegas
COD3, COD2
GRAW
Kameo
Viva Pinata
Condemned
Quake 4
WWE 2007
Dead Rising
Fight Night Rd.3

All fantastic games. I could name more but Id rather not. Well lets see what the Wii has to offer shall we?

Zelda TP
Wii Sports

Well there you have. And lets not say what games are coming in the future because you have no clue how good they are going to be. Far Cry was so hyped up and the game blows worse than any PS1 game ever made.

So again, Yes the 360 is the better buy right now. Anymore fanboys want to try and save the Wiis dignity?

Kiwi said:
Some people here are just idiots...
Pretty stupid comment from somebody with a Jesus avatar.

I completly agree.
I have been looking for another wii this past 2 weeks. Went to best Buy and just missed it and when I sow the quality of the picture at best buy of the 360, I was man, let's just buy it and if I really want the wii I'll return the 360.
I played extensivly both since I had a wii for 1 week (bought it in lauch day and gave it to my gf little bro since he was crying cauz he didn't have any luck scoring one, he is 10).
so I got it, connected it to my HDTV and the sound system. and let me tell you the quality of this thing is amazing, the graphics, the sound. nothing like my old Xbox. a real next gen console
and the games, Xbox live....

Come on it's so much better than the wii FOR NOW. once the games of the wii will come out, and the Wii online so you can play against other, than maybe. but now, I don't think its better.

If you can afford it, buy the 360 and in some time, when they will repair all the bugs and more grown up games get a wii. as simple as that

i have a non HD tv (76c widescreen sharp) an xbox360 and a Wii , i have the 360 going through a composite cable and it is noticible clearer than the Wii through the RCA. i guess i will looking into solving that sooner or later. i cannot use an ethernet cable were my set up is , but i had an existing wifi network so the Wii gets extra points for me.

to sum it up , the 360 is nice IMO it looks reasonable on a standard TV but the Wii is something special , gaming history in the making. If i had to keep one i'd keep the Wii .Though ill be glad i didnt have to make that choice when halo comes out ^.^

edit - to the guy who posted a couple posts up a list of 360 games , alot of them are pretty average.

Last edited:
that's only because the xbox360 is one year old while wii is only one month old, i'll be able to tell you some great wii games after a year!! so don't be proud of the xbox360 games...

and the graphics is not the most important, who cares about graphics when there's such a great game play which is more real taking you into the action....
anyway wii graphics are not bad, but worse than xbox360, but some wii games have good enough graphics!!

you do not enjoy a game by the graphics which is the only good of xbox360...

anyway ALL 3 of them are great, it depends on the person and what a persion is looking for.. i'm thinking of taking an xbox360 along with wii!!

lenitao said:
that's only because the xbox360 is one year old while wii is only one month old, i'll be able to tell you some great wii games after a year!! so don't be proud of the xbox360 games...

and the graphics is not the most important, who cares about graphics when there's such a great game play which is more real taking you into the action....
anyway wii graphics are not bad, but worse than xbox360, but some wii games have good enough graphics!!

you do not enjoy a game by the graphics which is the only good of xbox360...

anyway ALL 3 of them are great, it depends on the person and what a persion is looking for.. i'm thinking of taking an xbox360 along with wii!!

Spoken like a true fanboy lol. Dont be proud of the 360 games? Why the hell not? They are better than any other systems games. And you talk about this great gameplay on the Wii. WHAT GREAT GAMEPLAY? LMAO! The controls are delayed and not very responsive. Ya thats great gameplay! Geez I hope no more fanboys try to make the Wii sound like the best invention ever. Hell it has the same graphics as the Gamecube that failed misserably. Thumbs way up Nintendo!!!!!!!!

Lethal said:
Spoken like a true fanboy lol. Dont be proud of the 360 games? Why the hell not? They are better than any other systems games. And you talk about this great gameplay on the Wii. WHAT GREAT GAMEPLAY? LMAO! The controls are delayed and not very responsive. Ya thats great gameplay! Geez I hope no more fanboys try to make the Wii sound like the best invention ever. Hell it has the same graphics as the Gamecube that failed misserably. Thumbs way up Nintendo!!!!!!!!
Well hey, You do know your on a Nintendo Wii forum right? What are you gona expect from some of the people here?

sounds like lethal is an xbox fanboy, so maybe all that he is saying should be disregarded too?
i have both and love them both for different reasons, nuff said.

jbalsor said:
sounds like lethal is an xbox fanboy, so maybe all that he is saying should be disregarded too?
i have both and love them both for different reasons, nuff said.
Eh, We can all be fanboys at one time or another. But some people just over do it...

it's a wii forum!! if you hate wii so much why did you came to this forum?
to say "wii is bad and xbox360 is the best"??

by the way the game play and the menu is making it so successful!!

well..ok,i may overdone it...but you cannot say wii games are not good since there is only one month of release and few games available!!!

lenitao said:
it's a wii forum!! if you hate wii so much why did you came to this forum?
to say "wii is bad and xbox360 is the best"??

I swear all you kids cant read. Please tell me the title of the topic. And again whats its about. He wants to know what the better purchase is and I am giving explanation to why the 360 is better. Now if you cant understand what titles mean then dont respond anymore.
And I am on here because I own one. I dont need to be a sissy fanboy of the damn system to be here like most of you.

the thread says: wii vs xbox360...so everybody can tell his opinion normally and peacefully without the use of "hell" and other hateful words...
you hate wii as it seems, and you are here to say it's "damn"??

if you go here you can see that xbox360 sales are very high, but if you assume the percentage and that xbox360 is out for at least 14 months and wii for 1....you can understand what i mean!!!...maths!!

THe thing is that people are trying to debate the Wii as having superior graphics to the 360 and PS3. In all reality the Wii doesn't. The difference though is that the Wii, while lacking in the sheer power department, is by far the most innovative of the consoles. The wiimote is a step above and beyond the normal control scheme of consoles.

In my book the Wii wins for the consoles. When I look for a good system or game I look for something that is just plain old innovative. Sorry to say it but the Xbox360's control scheme is not innovative in really any way.

If I want something that has superior graphics I simply play on my PC. None of the current consoles are capable of supporting DX10 and simply put even the Xenos on the 360 is falling behind ever since the release of the Geforce 8 series cards.

The PS3 and 360 marketed themselves on power technology and did thier best to become known as power-machines. The thing is that they are competing with the PC which has a generation cycle of about 6 months compared to the 3 years of the console.

When it comes down to it the Xbox 360 is trying to compete on the graphical side when it is being eaten by the PC. THe Wii is not trying to compete in that field so they are not going to suffer the problems the Xbox360 will. As a primarily PC gamer I myself found the Xbox360 and PS3 humorous attempts at matching the PC's power. The Wii on the other hand intruiged me simply due to it's innovative interface.

The thing is that now the Xbox360 and Wii are no longer playing the same game together. The Xbox360 went the way of power but left innovative design alone and decided to try and play the game with the PC. The Wii on the other hand is playing the innovation game and by far beats everything else on the market.

Comparaing games at the moment is also pointless. As said before me the Xbox360 has been around for an entire year and thus will obviously have a huge number of games. The Wii has been around for a total of about a month. Comparing the games between the two is pointless.

Trying to say which one is "better" is pointless really. As ive said they are playing on two entirely different fields. Xbox 360 is promoting graphical power and the Wii is promoting sheer innovative and intuitive control. In the end it boils down to what each person wants.

Oh and here is a side note for some of those who believe graphics is worth so much:

I have played SplinterCell Chaos Theory Multiplayer since it's beta. The games engine was the engine used since SC1. Thus the graphics were nothing special. Despite this I still to this day play the game even while the far more graphically advanced SplinterCell Double Agent is out since Chaos Theory has much more innovative and original gameplay.

Another example is Operation FLashpoint. This game is ANCIENT but despite the low res textures and low polygons it is still an amazing game even to this day.

Graphics mean very little if you have innovative gameplay. While this does not necessarily mean the Wii is better it does say something important: The graphics of the system does not determine how good the system is.

EVERYTHING you said is very correctly...COMPLETELY!!

i was trying to say the same for graphics and fun, wii is more for fun while xbox360 is different...you just said it in the best and peaceful way..

the truth is that the thread is pointless...everyone can get what he likes....
there's no point for us to argue for such stupid things.....

Back