Are you happy with the roster? *SPOILERS*

I was really happy with that many characters, cant wait to use Toon Link and Snake

I feel there are plenty of characters, personally the only character I have an issue with is lucario, since I don't feel falco or wolf are clones.
Now I will agree that the releasing of the characters was poorly handled. There was a deluge of sweetness in the beginning of the updates, and perhaps if they had held onto the info longer, less people would be annoyed.

Gamers are an incredibly finicky lot though.:lol:

35 is plenty enough for me. I'll end up using maybe 4 or 5 characters on a regular basis (like Samus/ZSS, Falco, Pit, Sonic, maybe Snake & Lucario), but of course, not before trying everyone out & seeing if I'd use anyone else...

At first it was a blunt shock, but then with further thinking...it's not a bad roster. What happened is that all the new, unique characters were made starters, and the returning ones were made secret along with some semi-clonish ones.

besides that, I think it's stupid to complain...clones didn't matter in melee, they won't matter now...watch how there'll still be people using toon link, falco, ness/lucas, etc.
btw, Lucario is not a clone, and Ike and marth are not clones...seriously. I think if you call anyone but falco and toon link a clone, it's like you're saying luigi is a clone of mario.
Also, fact is most of us will main less than 5 characters...so why even complain? even if you had 50 with different moves each, most of them would never see the light.
sure, they missed some cool character options, but the ones they have are good too...I stand by my opinion that Wolf, R.O.B. and Lucario look awesome, and Toon Link seems a million times better than young link.

And if you disagree with me, I'll kick your butt in March with Wolf or R.O.B.

i dont think people should be soooo disapointed... like ya i would have liked a few more but if you think about it...with 35 characters they still have some PRETTY random ones... and no matter what style you play there are at least 4-8 characters that are molded towards your style of play. i'm satisfied
oh and to anax- yes. wolf looks crazy. i hope to main him along with my melee mains

anax4aero said:
At first it was a blunt shock, but then with further thinking...it's not a bad roster. What happened is that all the new, unique characters were made starters, and the returning ones were made secret along with some semi-clonish ones.

besides that, I think it's stupid to complain...clones didn't matter in melee, they won't matter now...watch how there'll still be people using toon link, falco, ness/lucas, etc.
btw, Lucario is not a clone, and Ike and marth are not clones...seriously. I think if you call anyone but falco and toon link a clone, it's like you're saying luigi is a clone of mario.
Also, fact is most of us will main less than 5 characters...so why even complain? even if you had 50 with different moves each, most of them would never see the light.
sure, they missed some cool character options, but the ones they have are good too...I stand by my opinion that Wolf, R.O.B. and Lucario look awesome, and Toon Link seems a million times better than young link.

And if you disagree with me, I'll kick your butt in March with Wolf or R.O.B.

Exactly what I thought. But instead of kicking butts with Wolf I'll do it with Lucario. Never gonna kick you out, never gonna saaaay goodbye...

How can you be disappointed with roster? I was only expecting 30 characters, and they even have falco in it! (one of my favourite melee characters, even though he was a clone). I don't thinnk wse should judge it before we've played it. Who knows, ROB could be the best character in the game :lol:!

Back