Are you happy with the roster? *SPOILERS*

anax4aero said:
At first it was a blunt shock, but then with further thinking...it's not a bad roster. What happened is that all the new, unique characters were made starters, and the returning ones were made secret along with some semi-clonish ones.

besides that, I think it's stupid to complain...clones didn't matter in melee, they won't matter now...watch how there'll still be people using toon link, falco, ness/lucas, etc.
btw, Lucario is not a clone, and Ike and marth are not clones...seriously. I think if you call anyone but falco and toon link a clone, it's like you're saying luigi is a clone of mario.
Also, fact is most of us will main less than 5 characters...so why even complain? even if you had 50 with different moves each, most of them would never see the light.
sure, they missed some cool character options, but the ones they have are good too...I stand by my opinion that Wolf, R.O.B. and Lucario look awesome, and Toon Link seems a million times better than young link.

And if you disagree with me, I'll kick your butt in March with Wolf or R.O.B.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm all for loving the roster, but I can't stand people saying that 35 is almost excessive.

I couldn't disagree with that sentiment more.

adam1111 said:
what and who is rob? can i have pics?
This is R.O.B.:

Robotic_Operating_Buddy.jpg

Except he's alot cooler in Brawl :)

---
Here he is in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVfEaTwgn_s

Last edited:
im the type person who dosent main anyone, i use everyone wen i feel like it, called VERSATILITY. so im semi bummed about having falco, lucas and toon link as clones, but what DOES upset me is MEWTWO apparently wasnt good enough to come back yet g&w was, along with RoB being added.......ok yea

Druidan said:
I'm all for loving the roster, but I can't stand people saying that 35 is almost excessive.
well i guess you could call it excessive if you consider the reuse of clones in the same general manner. ive already seen falco and fox using the same final smash manuver so all that nintendo nonsense about not having clones................yea...........right................

Lugia said:
well i guess you could call it excessive if you consider the reuse of clones in the same general manner. ive already seen falco and fox using the same final smash manuver so all that nintendo nonsense about not having clones................yea...........right................

Excess of Clones. Non-excessive new unique movesets implemented. That I'd agree with.

I honestly have no problem with Wolf (aside from his COMPLETELY uninspired FSA). I want my Landmaster. NOW :lol:. I have no problem with Falco (he's actually improved since melee). I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with Lucario (he seems like an amazing non-clone character, despite how everyone seems to think he's Mewtwo3). I have a love/hate relationship with Ganondorf, because while he was fun to play with his clone moveset in melee, I also feel he's been jipped from a creative standpoint. If I cared more about Toon Link I'd be upset over his moveset, but it doesn't matter too much to me. In general the biggest loss to the roster, in my personal opinion, is potential. More new and unique character possibilities, and new movesets for some of the characters I just mentioned, just weren't taken advantage of.

oh! I do have some potentially good news! If the rumor about Geno being a playable character, but locked away in the game due to copyright issues is true, then they could just issue Wiiconnect24 updates to the system that would unlock Geno, or other characters. I'm not getting my hopes up, but the fact that the possibility exists is tantalizing to say the least. :yesnod:

so you've heard rumors of downloadable characters??? that'd make sense...we'd be happy with more characters...they'd be happy making lots of money lol

Why is the robot there
you can put much better characters in that slot
also falco looks like a clone of fox (final smash)
i personally prefer mewtwo to lucario
toon link is cool
i like snake and sonic but sora would have made it gr8
but overall the game looks fantastic, the modes make me excited and the thought of sonic vs mario vs charizard vs link really is cool
the final smashes are brilliant
this game is going to be the best game in nintendo history
BUT I WANTED WOLF LINK OR SORA ON BRAWL

Last edited:
well im happy captain falcon is in , but i dont understand why they keep putting jiggly puff in hes the worst character. I also think that another person from sonic should have been in like tails or shadow.

spiff-ssbb said:
so you've heard rumors of downloadable characters??? that'd make sense...we'd be happy with more characters...they'd be happy making lots of money lol

Not downloadable characters, the rumor I heard was that there may be characters already on the disc that could be unlocked with a patch from a wiiconect24 download. if the copyright issues get cleared up, and if the rumor is even true.

Lugia said:
i dont get how some can say theres too many pokemon...its 4. it was 4 last time. i think they should of dumped jiggly for something people would actually want to use but thats out of my control. kirby and starfox both technically have 4 so i think thats more excessive this time.
Jiggly puff was actually a good character......

Back