Do you want to change your body or what?

This is a philosophical question, and different people will give you different answers. A lot of people do what you do, it's just not my personal preferance. I am a very slow lifter. I was usually at the gym for about 45 minutes, sometimes five minutes of rest between big lifts.

It's much more important that you're doing the right exercises and that you're eating enough food for whatever goals you want to achieve.

I work different muscles in different days so I give them a break, so that works good too navarre.

I've been working at losing weight since around August; so far I've lost about 30 pounds.
I've been working at it slowly, mainly just eating better, cutting out soft drinks, etc... and every once in awhile, I'll go for a jog.

Never been fat, but haven't been nicely toned for a few years now.
Something I've been working on for the last few weeks now. Realised I should really be eating a lot healthier and trying to stay in shape a lot more. Excersise as much as I can, but kinda hard to squeeze it all in, so I do my best by walking to work as much as I can and things like that.

Also trying to eat better. Cut out all snacks since before Christmas (was ill all over Christmas and hardly ate, so that was kind of easy for me). But more so I've been trying my best to get in three good meals a day, especially breakfast. One of my main things I was concerned with that before, I would just eat one big meal in the day, and now I'm trying to just eat three small, healthy portions. Really feel a lot better from doing it.

I really do enjoy excersising mind.
I find it a great challenge. For me, the first few minutes are the hardest part, then once I get going it's great. Get such a nice buzz after doing it too makes you feel good about yourself. Especially after watching fat people stuff their faces with burgers all day, eugh.

Losing weight is more straight-forward than gaining weight because it's strictly discipline. Here are some tips:

1. Water is your new best friend. Once per day, when you're planning on drinking something other than water, drink water. Eventually it will become a treat to drink anything but water.
2. Fiber is good.
3. Eat breakfast. This jumpstarts your metabolism.
4. Eat many meals throughout the day. Keep in mind, that this doesn't mean you're eating a lot per meal. Eating throughout the day keeps your metabolism running, so eat frequently, just not a lot at one time.
5. Exercise is good, but it's important that you know that diet is much, much more important. Cardiovascular exercise is a good supplement to a good diet.

You can also try some psychological things that work really well, like eating off of smaller plates so that it looks like the amount of food you're getting is still the same, or changing into your workout clothes right when you get home, which has been proven to drastically change the likelihood of a person working out.

Oh I know those things already, I just can't be smegged to do any of it. (Note the Typical American tag)
To be honest, I still look good, just could look better.
(Also note the last time I weighed myself, I was a teenager, and I've lost some weight since then)

Are you talking about being able to see your abdominal muscles, but not necessarily where each individual one stops and another starts?

If so, then that's a combination of cardio and abdominal work. Basically what's happening is there's a layer of fat over your abdominals, but it's so thin that you can still see the basic outline of the underlying muscle. I would try to do both cardio and crunches if you wanted to achieve this. I believe I've told you this before, but women have an extra layer of fat over their stomachs that men don't have, which is why you don't see women with six-packs. It's natural and it's meant to be there, so it's especially difficult to lose.
You're fantastic.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Britney-Spears-sb24.jpg

= Good

f172d2f42168f78d.jpg

= Badbadbad

You said the dreaded word. Cardio. I'm awful at it.
I get inexplicably flustered and fall on treadmills, and you'll NEVER catch me going for a run. What else would work cardio-wise? Preferably not anything that involves me chasing after a ball.

Never been fat, but haven't been nicely toned for a few years now.
Something I've been working on for the last few weeks now. Realised I should really be eating a lot healthier and trying to stay in shape a lot more. Excersise as much as I can, but kinda hard to squeeze it all in, so I do my best by walking to work as much as I can and things like that.

Also trying to eat better. Cut out all snacks since before Christmas (was ill all over Christmas and hardly ate, so that was kind of easy for me). But more so I've been trying my best to get in three good meals a day, especially breakfast. One of my main things I was concerned with that before, I would just eat one big meal in the day, and now I'm trying to just eat three small, healthy portions. Really feel a lot better from doing it.

I really do enjoy excersising mind.
I find it a great challenge. For me, the first few minutes are the hardest part, then once I get going it's great. Get such a nice buzz after doing it too makes you feel good about yourself. Especially after watching fat people stuff their faces with burgers all day, eugh.
Yeah, weight loss tips are basically universal, so you can refer to the reply I gave Fox that he quoted a few posts under yours.

You said the dreaded word. Cardio. I'm awful at it.
I get inexplicably flustered and fall on treadmills, and you'll NEVER catch me going for a run. What else would work cardio-wise? Preferably not anything that involves me chasing after a ball.
I've always ran for cardio, so I don't know what to tell you. There are dozens of things out there that can replace running (although avoid gimmicky crap), because this is the mainstream's problem as well. If you just don't like treadmills then you could try an elyptical, but if you don't like running at all then you'll have to find something on your own.

Six isn't exactly obese. :S
2/3 is the new 6.
If you're a 6, you're ONE step away from being deemed plus size by top designers. Plus size actually starts at 12-14, but plus sized models are usually 8-12. And there's no size 7 usually. xD it's all in the symbolism.

And thank you Tyler, an elliptical seems very plausible for me =)

Ah man, elliptical machines are awesome.
With the arms going back and forth, and standing up.. feel like you've had a much better workout than from sitting on a cycling machine.
Hitting mine in about half hour for an hour or so.

Back