Let me be a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
penguinphil said:
wah wah wah...i'm not here to babysit people, i'm here to let people be themselves and not be people they arent, while stopping others from just being annoying and runing the site and making good people leave
Where do you get off?!? If everyone would be themselves this site would be hell...do you know how many of us actually swear on msn or real life..if we would be ourselves this site would be 18 and older...and the wii are for people of all age. Seriously Read what you type..first time i met you i thought you were smart but i totally disagree

Last edited:
Mitch2025 said:
wanna know how i became a mod? i helped members out. thats it. one day i0n PMed me and said "ive seen you post around and you seem really helpful. how would you like to become a moderator?" not those exact words but thats it. also asking to become a moderator usually decreases your chance because it gives the impression that you just want it for power
OMFG....Thank God you came.....me, Demonslayer, SSBB_Lover, and among others were just telling him that begging wouldnt get you anywhere...."even though you said you werent begging, thats how your post was read like in my and also in others point of view....if you truly want to be a MOD...stop your begging, whining and crying of how you would be a the best mod in the world and just get on with your life....IF YOU HAVE A LIFE...im pretty sure you do...

This is just a forum, Let me inform you that you will not DIE if you do not become a Mod....So get over it... PLEASE!

i help alot look in the ssbb threads i help peaple from geting mad at each other and i keep argues from hapening

but thats all i wanna do now
i dont wanna be a mod yet

me too.I help to in the pokemon section...now im everywhere...it would be nice to be a mod but not yet...

..and others just got to learn how to handle the mod powers. Some just.. you know? Too much mod powers, and BAMM.. xD Lol. If you know what I'm saying..

You cant just be a mod if YOU just JOINED.....

Plus you guys need a lot more rep....

Its not just doing good in threads and helping people....you need to be a long time member....i myself dont really care if im a mod, as long as im a member of wiichat....and i can login and out...then who cares who the mod is..

i know thats why i said i dont wont to be a mod yet :smilewinkgrin:

all i'm hoping for is that Prez and i0n make the right choices on mods...i just hope who ever they have in mind will do a good Job..

Demon Slayer said:
all i'm hoping for is that Prez and i0n make the right choices on mods...i just hope who ever they have in mind will do a good Job..

Yes, me too. x_o Good luck to them, for making the right choices! Yays!

Demon Slayer said:

Agreed. I'm also looking forward to see who they'll choose as well. This is exciting :D And when we find out who they are! we should have a party!:cornut: lol jk

i think penguinphil would be an excellent mod, like tlc.....except not a total *****

i also don't like the fact that when you ask to be a mod, your chances decrease, it's just flat out dumb, and it's not very logic, besides the fact that we don't want a million people making threads saying they should be a mod

but i don't think that's gonna happen

There is a certain way I like to address this subject that I think rings very true.
The test of becoming a mod proves your ability.
In other words, if you would seriously be a great mod, and would be a great benefit to the forum, then you would be one already.
A person who is seriously a great mod will know how to become one.
In most cases, asking does decrease your chances. However, if you are really a great mod, and in asking, you know what you are doing, it will work.

Basically, the fact that you are a mod, proves you deserve it. A person who seriously has the real personality to mod, would never have any problem becoming a mod.

Tips on becoming a forum mod and or a better member.. From Syntax's perspective. Basically what I've seen and or learned over my time spent browsing and moderating some forums.

1. Respect other peoples opinions.

Whether or not you agree/disagree with what someone is saying be sure to respect their opinions. By going out of your way to insult and or put these people down because of their opinions is wrong.

2. Never go out of your way to insult another member.

I see this happen practically every day. Whether it's on Wii Chat or on another forum I post on. There are always members who will go out of their way just to insult someone because they believe they have the right to. Wrong, nobody has the right to insult another member. If you are one of these members I can assure you your chances of becoming a moderator are very slim.

3. Lend a hand. Help out around the forum.

If you notice that someone is new to the forum and needs some help and or assistance point them in the right direction. Let them know what the forum rules are and or where they can receive help. By putting members down because their new just leads to flame wars and various other problems which isn't needed.

4. Follow the forum rules.

If you want to become a moderator you must abide by the forum rules. If you can't then I suggest you start.

5. We are all equal.

Whether you are new to the forum or an old member be sure to treat other members with respect. Or at least the way you would like to be treated. By judging others based on post count and or join date you are just creating more problems by going out of your way to flame another member.

6. Its not all fun and games.

Being a moderator doesn't mean you have the right to ban any member you see just because you may disagree with their views and or find that their doing something wrong, such as breaking the forum rules. In most cases the power to ban is usually seen as a last resort. Moderators will usually just delete posts which are considered against the forum rules along with threads. So its not always about banning "x" member.

Finally you have to realize with great power comes great responsibility. As some of you may know Wii Chat is one of the most popular Wii based forums and we have around 30,000+ members so moderating a site such as this one is a hard task. So before you go creating a thread to bash the mods because you believe their not doing their job, which they are, take some time to think about it. Now I know it seems that the site is currently under staffed but that should soon change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back