Seekers of the Lost Treasure - RP Sign Up Thread

Do you guys think that I should just not do Seekers and change to something else. I mean, I liked the idea and all, but Seekers just felt like it'd leave too much space for the RP to go nowhere for a while. I had an idea for an RP that I tossed aside when thinking up of RP ideas before I came to Seekers and now that I look back I think it might have a lot more potential than Seekers. I'm just asking for you guys' advice. If we can make Seekers work than that'd be great. But if we feel better with something else I'd take SUs and get started right away... with a MUCH shorter prolouge.

i say keep Seekers and try to get it going after 2nd Chance. i'd open up the Realms 2 thread while we're doing Seekers. Then when Seekers finishes or you just decide to ditch it for whatever reason, i'd start Realms 2. you could set up the SU thread for your other idea during that. Sound good?

Really sorry about the whole "I haven't been on" thing, I figured I should explain it to you guys.
See, every time you've seen me post during the week (Mon-Fri), I'm breaking the rules. This has been true even since the original Alternate Plot. My mom has a... shall we say, problem with video games, computers, etc., and she says that I can't use electronics during the week at all. To make matters worse, I only get one hour of video games or computer (NOT BOTH) every weekend. This may be subject to change after school is over, but I really don't know. My mom said at the beginning of my freshman year that as long as I maintained high marks (which, believe me, I did before she took away my right to use games & the internet during the week) I'd get to use this stuff during the week again. However, I'm now nearing the end of my junior year with an A average, and all she's done is make the restrictions worse. I will try to post whenever I can, but I may have long, unexplained absences, In which case, please assume that she caught me and took away my laptop. I thank you guys for your patience and hope that we can still roleplay effectively.

Really sorry about the whole "I haven't been on" thing, I figured I should explain it to you guys.
See, every time you've seen me post during the week (Mon-Fri), I'm breaking the rules. This has been true even since the original Alternate Plot. My mom has a... shall we say, problem with video games, computers, etc., and she says that I can't use electronics during the week at all. To make matters worse, I only get one hour of video games or computer (NOT BOTH) every weekend. This may be subject to change after school is over, but I really don't know. My mom said at the beginning of my freshman year that as long as I maintained high marks (which, believe me, I did before she took away my right to use games & the internet during the week) I'd get to use this stuff during the week again. However, I'm now nearing the end of my junior year with an A average, and all she's done is make the restrictions worse. I will try to post whenever I can, but I may have long, unexplained absences, In which case, please assume that she caught me and took away my laptop. I thank you guys for your patience and hope that we can still roleplay effectively.
So she says you can use that stuff as long as you keep up the grades, yet doesn't hold up to her end of the bargain? Then switch it around. Tell her that you'll keep up your grades as long as you're free to use whatever electronics are in the house. She refuses, bring home an F. She still refuses, bring home two Fs.

I know how to deal with strict parents. Back when I lived with my dad and step-mom while I was still in highschool, not only were they strict, they thought video games were satanic. (Yeah, one of those kind of parents.)
When parents are too strict, you gotta let them know you're willing to work with them and give them the results they want AS LONG as you also get what it is you're after aswell. Acting mature and respectful when adressing it helps too. Me, I was calm, but not respectful. More of a wise-ass. I was like, "Hey, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours." Don't go with that sort of attitude. It works sometimes but showing respect helps more.

Sorry I went off the edge there with all the babble. I just find myself with a lot of say on this subject.

i would be in the same situation except for 2 things:

1 i've graaduated
2 my dad thinks games are satanic but my mom loves playing them with me.

and she doesn't play some shitty games either. she loves Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros and stuff. good games. recently shes been hooked on Resident Evil 5 which is awsome. when i'm not online, i'm usually playing a game with her while my dad yells about the evils of games. its funny

Anyway, we've got one Nay on the new RP thing. Anybody else?

It dont matter to me. Im cooped up and dedicated to RP's right now anyway. If you want to start a new one, thats fine, if not, this one is good too.

I'm kinda leaning towards a new one. For a few reasons.

A. This is a nintendo fan site, so something less realistic would have more appeal. It's just that I myself am a bigger action-movie fan than a video game fan so Seekers was kinda a selfish desire.
B. Seekers is too open. Too many opportunites for it to run into a, "What now?" situation. The other one I had planned isn't so much.
C. Baynes RP got RPers riled up on the similar subject of the RP I was originally going to do.

Ya know, your reason A is kinda the same reason I cancelled Solaris. lolz.

If you wanna post a SU thread for a new RP, I say, go ahead and do it. If it takes off, than congrats and we can start Seekers another time. If not, you still have Seekers.

I might try Seekers some other time if this takes off. Oh by the way guys, the SU thread for the new project is up. It's not officially going to start. Just seeing how many will be more interested in this over Seekers. The sooner I see interest, the sooner we start.

I might try Seekers some other time if this takes off. Oh by the way guys, the SU thread for the new project is up. It's not officially going to start. Just seeing how many will be more interested in this over Seekers. The sooner I see interest, the sooner we start.

where?

The Lounge

I still like seekers better, i was really excited to post in it...but i didn't log on for a few days and then when I came back it was put on hold. :sad:

I'm wanting to give this another try now that I'm out of basic training. Anybody that would be interested?

Back