The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since you have a psychic, I would suggest Vullaby, since its dark and flying.

I have recently discovered my long lost silver, and have found that I have a mew on it, so it got me thinking. Since mew is extremely versatile, he would be very good in doing a single challenge, and since TM's in Black/ White can be reused, but since it can't be an official challenge, since mew is a legendary and therefore cannot breed, what other pokemon would be good in a single challenge in Black/ White?

How does a Smeargle-only playthrough sound? Using multiple Smeargles, just for a laugh. Would it be challenging at all?

I haven't ever used one, and I haven't looked at its stats. But as a gimmick pokémon, I guess it probably is pretty suckage. But in theory it's quite a good challenge? A lot of flexibility there?

What's wrong with gimmick Pokemon....?

HP: 55
Attack: 20
Defense: 35
Sp. Attack: 20
Sp. Defense: 45
Speed: 75

To put it in perspective, Luvdisc has better stats than that.

Smeargle is good when it can help its teammates, but by itself it kinda sucks.

What's wrong with gimmick Pokemon....?

HP: 55
Attack: 20
Defense: 35
Sp. Attack: 20
Sp. Defense: 45
Speed: 75

To put it in perspective, Luvdisc has better stats than that.

Smeargle is good when it can help its teammates, but by itself it kinda sucks.

Before we get too far off topic, I have a couple of things to say:
Firstly, I have literally played 20 minutes of anything past generation 2, so Luvdisc is over my head... and secondly, gimmick pokémon tend to be more useless than others I thought? Delibird isn't much good without serious TM usage, Chatot doesn't seem great, and so on? Or am I wrong, I'm not as knowledgeable as all you guys.

Before we get too far off topic, I have a couple of things to say:
Firstly, I have literally played 20 minutes of anything past generation 2, so Luvdisc is over my head... and secondly, gimmick pokémon tend to be more useless than others I thought? Delibird isn't much good without serious TM usage, Chatot doesn't seem great, and so on? Or am I wrong, I'm not as knowledgeable as all you guys.
Chatot is awesome it was my main pokemon used for most of the last game.

My thread's activity booms yet again when I leave for a day... Damnit. :lol:

Hello, im DarkSnow and im new to these forums. I just started a unevolved challenge

Hey DarkSnow, welcome to Wiichat. Since your entire team isn't a scramble, it'l just be classified as an unevolved challenge. So, yeah.

Challenge accepted! Best of luck. :thumbsup:

You can never have too many Water-types; if they're Magikarp.

Fix'd.

what other pokemon would be good in a single challenge in Black/ White?

Pokemon that have a high base stat total, medium-slow leveling or better, have a good movepool/really good offensive typing, and evolve at not-so-high levels are what you want to look for. Trading is encouraged for a single challenge too, so... yeah. Any pretty beast Pokemon in those regards works. For example, Garchomp; it's probably one of the best Pokes you could use in a single challenge. Dragon and Ground are excellent attacking AND defensive types, and when combined together only a handful of Pokemon can resist both types. It also has really high stats on evolution, and for a single challenge, level 48 (when Gabite evolves) should be achievable in any game Garchomp exists in.

Though really, either good typing or good moves is the only almost-necessary qualification for single challenges to not be too hard. Since your Pokemon will almost always be overleveled once you get a badge or two, abusing said good typing would carry most Pokes through. You don't need behemoth Pokes like said Garchomp. I managed a single/unevolved challenge in Platinum with Scyther VERY easily, and it's typing is anything but good. It's base stat total is also a meager 500.

I haven't looked at its stats.

You definitely should then lol. Smeargle's usage as a gimmick (though, it really isn't just a gimmick) is thanks to it's movepool possibilities. Sketching uncontrolled moves, combined with it's HORRIBLE stats, will make for a ridiculously tough challenge, I'd say. If anyone manages to complete a challenge with only Smeargle(s), I'd be colored impressed.

Oh, and welcome to Wiichat. =)

Delibird isn't much good without serious TM usage, Chatot doesn't seem great.

Neither of those are gimmick Pokes. They just-plain suck, amiright? :lol:

But yeah, if you're confused in regards to that, "shitty" isn't synonymous with "gimmicky". A gimmick Pokemon is a Pokemon used in competitive play for a trick it has up it's sleeve. Gimmicks have the objective of being a complete surprise to the opponent that they wouldn't expect, and therefore give that Pokemon the upperhand. Gimmick Pokes tend to not be as effective as another Poke that can perform a similar role without that surprise factor though, or the gimmick Poke simply has a better moveset to use that works without needing the surprise. If the latter is the case, even good Pokemon might end up using gimmicky movesets.

Chatot is terrible

Fix'd.

No, really, Chatot is pretty bad though. >_>;

Last edited:
I love gimmick Pokemon. They're so cool.

I should do a challenge only using extremely gimmicky Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back