The Official Pokemon Ingame Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know but Shidinja can't be gotten UNLESS you evolve a Nincada with a spare gap in your party and it randomly appears meaning "Shidinja isnt evolved" but whatever if you think it is then ill just ignore trying to get it

Now that my Gold is working, I'll be taking the speed challenge using it. I started the game earlier today and currently, I just got to Violet City, time: 0:31 (not doing so great already). My team so far (lol):

Cyndaquil - Lv 9
Tackle
Leer
Smokescreen

Hoothoot - Lv 3
Tackle
Growl

Rattata - Lv 4
Tackle
Tail Whip

Shedinja is regarded as an evolved pokemon, Fraz. While it doesn't evolve directly from Nincada, it's still gotten by evolving a Nincada. So yeah, just forget about the Shedinja, thanks dude.

Hahah, awesome Real-o, glad to know your Gold's working now. Challenge accepted, ofcourse!

So, for my Fighting challenge, my team currently consists of:

Torchic Lv 9
Poliwag Lv 9

Is this acceptable? They become Fighting type later on, but at hte moment, neither Pokemon is Fighting type.

Yeah, it's perfectly acceptable, WMBQ. Just make sure they eventually evolve into their dual-type forms, so you'll need to evolve that Poliwhirl with a water stone before beating the game, otherwise it's void. Certainly not a hard thing to do, though.

Um...CK? Currently my only Water Pokemon is Marshstomp. What do I run into double-battle trainers? Zigzagoon is my only other Pokemon, and I need it since its an HM slave. Is it OK if I use the useless thing in battle?

Well, that's fine I suppose, it can't be helped. Let me fix the rules a bit, reread them in a minute or so.

That wasn't a joke. I'm actually serious about the Magikarp. I'll be taking pics if the quality on my webcam allows it (Camera broke :/) showing updates.

..Somehow, I didn't think it was a joke. I guess I was right. :lol: Well, goodluck with that, then. You'll need it, considering there's no trading for lvling up allowed. I don't think you're going to do it ... I mean, come on, it's a Magikarp. [/no faith]

I'm concidering a mixed challenge of mono-type (steel...duh) and speed, but alas, im mid game in my copy of diamond with alot of good dudes (that would requre serious saveing/Tradeing), and also, playing far to many games to make a run out of it....

If its of any random challenge idea, I propose a run of the battle tower, highest reccord with the SAME TEAM...or something to that effect....realy I just want to SMASH my way through the battle frontier on plat....kinda not playing till then

Hmmm.. That's not a bad idea, the Battle Tower challenge. While it'd be relatively simple, you could combine it with other challenges(bar speed) to make things more difficult.. brilliant idea Strype, I'm exhausted right now though, so I'll begin working on the rules tomorrow.

That is sir, what I excell at. Brilliantly simplistically elegant ideas.

Also unique pokemon builds

I've stumbled upon an impossibility here.

Magikarp, as rocking as it is, can only come at a max level of 10 in Pearl/Diamond. That's 5 levels until it gets an actual attack.

The only way it can attack would be if I used Struggle, and Struggle knocks off 25% of Magikarps health. That being said, it is clearly an impossibility to level up to 15. I've managed to get to Jubilife, the first major city in the game. By this point, I accumulated a total of 12 potions (If I sell the rest of my goods barring potions, I could probably get to 14-15 potions total). Magikarp can only attack 3 times before I'm forced to heal. Even if I used Pokemon as death fodder, no possible combination would allow me to successfully gain 5+ levels (Mines level 7 at the moment).

That being said, am I done at this point since it impossibe, or would I be able to do the switch method to share exp.? Or should I start over, and check if I can breed a level 1 Magikarp with Tackle and use that instead (Trading it over from one game to the other as an egg)? Because as said before, it's an impossibility, and it's either the two methods I mentioned above, or I take the challenge completely different. :shocked:

See if you are allowed to level up Magikarp with another Pokemon, until it gets Tackle. If not, find a way to get a few Rare Candys. Im sure CK will let you do something like that.

BTW, unless your Magikarp is completely overleveled, your going to have a very, very, very hard time doing things. I hope that was what you were planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back