The Official Pokemon Ingame Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's impossible wuddle.. -.-; Sharing exp. by battling multiple pokemon is forbidden if you're doing the single pokemon challenge.

You can however, trade over a Magikarp egg that would know tackle, but since it'l be level 1, training it would be nearly impossible without sharing exp., which again, is forbidden. Since you're doing the unevolved challenge, you simply can't do it Wuddle.. It's impossible. There's absolutely no way you'd beat Roark anyways.

No amount of Rare Candies will allow me to reach 8 more levels.

I didn't mind doing the Struggle method, but I just don't have the money to heal up frequently. And of course it's underleveled, I just started.

EDIT:

I'll stick with trading a level 1 Magikarp. Besides, Magikarp gets Flail at level 30. So I could theoretically win. And Magikarp has a nice base 55 defense lol.

EDIT2:: My Progress

-Level 4 Magikarp (Has Tackle/Flail already learned as Egg Moves)
-Level 9 Turtwig (gained levels battling the trainers I was forced to fight, as well as some wild battles on my way to Jubilife).

Managed to kill a level 4 Shinx through potions and Flailing. Then realized I can fight wild Magikarps, so started fishing those up and whacked away at them.

Last edited:
You just told wuddle it was impossible CK...
You know that means He'll do it.

Actually, I realized another rock in my path. Well, not so much a rock, more of a ghost. There's no way I can get past the ghost gym unless I have Bounch from Platinum move tutors, and I definitely can't get that. So I guess I'm forced to start over with something different:mad5:

lol CK was right! It IS impossible:lol:and I thought nothing was impossible!

It's not impossible. It's just too much unnecessary work for me. I could've always asked a friend of mine to move tutor Bounce on Magikarp with his Platinum, but then I'd have to go through trading it, wait until he gets the points to teach it, trade it back, him haggle me about wanting something in return, etc.

But it's not impossible.:O

It's not impossible. It's just too much unnecessary work for me. I could've always asked a friend of mine to move tutor Bounce on Magikarp with his Platinum, but then I'd have to go through trading it, wait until he gets the points to teach it, trade it back, him haggle me about wanting something in return, etc.

But it's not impossible.:O

Actually, it is impossible. The trades alotted for the challenge aren't within context of the rules if you're teaching them moves via level up, TM, tutor, or anything else that comes to mind, besides breeding. Beating the game with Magikarp alone is still rediculously stupid and annoying though. You'd probably need to level it up to 100 and EV train it in order to beat the E4. ..Not to mention pokes that are 4x resistant to normal and flying moves will prove annoying.

:wtf:

You should've told me it was impossible bringing up various points other than teasing me just because beating the game with a Magikarp was overall stupid in general lol. T , T wasted about an hour and a half trying to level it up.

Anyways what's done is done. My next choice (Although Feebas is ultimately the next coolest Poke to go to as it's just another Magikarp but can spit water), it would be ridiculous with such pitiful attack (Magikarp is an exception, it's got good looks going for it), I will be using a Kabuto. I won't have to bother canceling evolution for a while, and is overall a solid choice.

Hahah, poor Wuddle. Sorry. :lol:

Kabuto it is then ... atleast that's possible. Challenge accepted again.

i think I'm going to do a ground type monotype challenge on my Pearl. I just started and picked Turtwig (obviously). I also caught starly and bidoof for hm slaves and now I'll really get started

Team that I will be using
Torterra
Golem (or Graveler if I can't trade)
Gastrodon
Steelix
Hippowdown
Garchomp (I know he's uber but it's only an ingame challenge)

I'll try to update as much as I can

Ah, a monotype ground ... challenge accepted! Who cares if Garchomp is uber, just as you said, it's only ingame. :lol: Goodluck.

I can't wait for Platinum ... completing the hardest challenge with a UU BUG type is going to be fun.

It's been a few days, so I figure it's time for a progress report.

Challenge: Speed
Version: Gold
Current Time: 2:03
Badges: 2
Pokemon:

Quilava - Lv 23
Ember, Quick Attack, Leer, Smokescreen

Bellsprout - Lv 11
Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap, Cut

Mareep - Lv 6
Tackle, Growl

Sandshrew - Lv 6
Scratch, Defense Curl

Hoothoot - Lv 3
Tackle, Growl

Egg
It's making sounds!

I just got to Goldenrod City. Breezed through both Azalea and Violet City gyms with Quilava and a little Bellsprout. Not doing too bad on time... I think.

2 hours for 2 gyms is definatly Good Real-o, it took me about the same time in Crystal. Let's see if you actually beat my time. :p Even if it was before the thread.

2 hours for 2 gyms is definatly Good Real-o, it took me about the same time in Crystal. Let's see if you actually beat my time. :p Even if it was before the thread.

I kinda have a little advantage though since you were playing Crystal, which has the sprite animations, eating up precious seconds every time a pokemon is encountered or sent out by a trainer. :X I doubt I'll beat you, I haven't even gotten to any of the annoying puzzles yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back