The Official Pokemon Ingame Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I had battle animations for both attacks and sprites turned off, so it's all fair. :lol: That's how a speed run should be done, after all.

Challenge Update

So a little recap of what I've done on my ground type monotype challenge. I got through all the boring stuff in Jubilife city, and made my way to oreeburgh. I caught a geodude and onix and trained them up a little bit. I beat Roark with ease and proceeded on to floaroma town.
I caught a shellos and beat the galactics and valley windworks. I got through eterna forest and have so far failed against Gardenia at least four times, so now it's time to train.

Current Team:
Grotle lvl 21
Geodude lvl 21
Onix lvl 20
Shellos lvl 20

Oof ... failed four times? That sucks. I know it's obvious, but I recommend grinding your Grotle's level to insane heights, since its nuetral to grass attacks - while the rest of your team is 4x weak to them.

Single/Unevolved Challenge Update

Kabuto : Level 31
-Thief
-Aqua Jet
-Absorb
-Rock Tomb

Badges : 2

So far, so well. Gardenia was quite the challenge with a damn Kabuto. Magical Leaf OHKO's me because of the 4x weakness. Took me 4 chances as the first run I had major bad luck missing Rock Tomb a bunch of times, second run Magical Leaf pwn't me, third one similar, Magical Leaf pwn't me, and I got lucky on the 4th try as Roserade used Poison Sting throughout the match. Keeping in mind that by this point I was only level 27 and my moveset was Bubblebeam/Absorb/Rock Tomb/Knock Off, you can imagine it's pretty damn hard.

Anyways, don't worry Assassin, I'm with you there. Although you have less excuses than me : P

:lol:I've been on MSN and games so long that i'm miles behind on my challnege:shock:I really need to catch up!

Time for an update.

Challenge: Speed
Version: Gold
Current Time: 7:19
Badges: 8
Pokemon:

Typhlosion - Lv 58
Flame Wheel, Swift, Leer, Smokescreen

Gyarados - Lv 32
Surf, Waterfall, Bite, Dragon Rage

Sudowoodo - Lv 21
Rock Throw, Strength, Flail, Low Kick

Krabby - Lv 20
Surf, Vicegrip, Leer, Whirlpool

Mareep - Lv 11
Thundershock, Tackle, Growl

Hoothoot - Lv 5
Tackle, Growl, Fly

This is the team I just beat the E4 with. Lance was a bit of a struggle with his Dragonites and Typhlosion ran out of PP twice... Luckily I had an Ether and a Max Ether. Leer/Swift was actually useful against the Dragonites too. So my next goal is to get all the Kanto badges and beat Red and my challenge is done. How am I doing on time, CK? :p

Challenge: Speed
Current Time: 7:19

... ... ... **** balls. I have been defeated! DX *game over sound effect* Congratulations Real-o, you beat me by... 40 minutes, right on the mark, which is impressive since we had around the same times early game. I'm gonna play my Gold over now and try to beat that time soon. :3

lol DX poor CK! Oh well, i'm sure he'll get round to doing it faster then Real-O anytime soon...(10 years later)...maybe not -_-

im doing fine on my no evolve challenge just gotta beat brawley =) should be easy with Wingull.

Damn, thats very impressive to beat CK like that, Real-o.

Me?...Ive been taking a break for a while. Hopefully Ill get back at it soon.

im doing the same, I'm pissed at the fact brawleys makuhita done like 5 citicals to Wingull when I was winning -_-'

Hahah, taking the challenges slowly, eh? Either way keep it up. However, I won't be. Once I trade everything from my Gold over to my Crystal, Real-o's record is about to be replaced. :p

Once I trade everything from my Gold over to my Crystal, Real-o's record is about to be replaced. :p

O rly? :lol: Well good luck to you. I'll even give you a hint I learned that will save you some time: don't go to the Burned Tower in Ecruteak City. You don't have to. But you probably already knew that Mr. Pokemaster. :p

I'm still working on Kanto's badges. Got 10 badges total now and the time is at 7:48. I'm saved inside the Rock Tunnel with no Flash pokemon. :D

Edit: Hoothoot learned Flash!

Last edited:
Well, going into the place to catch Magmar was certainly helpful...and knowing CK, he will want to catch the dogs.

O rly? :lol: Well good luck to you. I'll even give you a hint I learned that will save you some time: don't go to the Burned Tower in Ecruteak City. You don't have to. But you probably already knew that Mr. Pokemaster. :p

I'm still working on Kanto's badges. Got 10 badges total now and the time is at 7:48. I'm saved inside the Rock Tunnel with no Flash pokemon. :D

Ya I know, if I knew someone was going after my Crystal record, I wouldn't of bothered and ignored catching Suicune all together. >.>; Thanks for the advice anyways, ofcourse. Looks like you'll beat my "Red Beaten" time as well, at that rate.

Taking it slow is well good=D mean you can think about what to do next to keep the time down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back