The One Character That Would've Made Brawl Perfect

OH NOEZ. This epic thread.. All our hard work.... GONE! Everyone's carefully crafted and analyzed custom movesets have disappeared... Including my own.

Thank you for bumping it, RockerJ. Let's begin with a new(although very familiar)subject. Everyone wants megaman in Brawl, yes? But how many people have taken the time to consider his counterpart, Zero? Specifically, the one from the MMZero series. How many people have taken the time to create a large, explanative moveset as well? One. Only one. Myself. :p So yes, it's back for debate in the hopes to revive this threads! Here it is, my one(and only..)movese- .....Oh crap. It doesn't want to be Copy/Pasted in.. this is terrible.. I'll need to copy it down all over again. -.-;;; It'l be a bit before my moveset returns.. sigh.

Indeed i remember this really good pheonix wright move set that was pretty cool.

Didn't BRizer think up that Phoenix Wright moveset? ..Or maybe it was Dal? Or maybe Destiny?? I honestly can't remember.. T'was funny though.

How about an original character? :D Anyone who kept track of the "what to put in the next smash bros." thread will know what I'm talking about. This is my custom moveset. It's incredibly long, but.. meh. I worked somewhat hard on it, so if you've got the time to read it, please do so. :)

This, is Ichirou, my custom character(not my own image, lol). http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime demon/Tubbyrott/wf.jpg?o=843

..He needed some kind of appearance to visualize, you know. I don't have any interesting or breathtaking backstory for this custom character, only that he has two brothers and all 3 follow the way of the blade. Vague, eh? Doesn't matter though, here's this gigantic moveset.

Ichirou has slightly more weight than the average character(say, Mario). His running speed is somewhat quick, about Marth's own speed. His fall speed is pretty average, and his fast fall doesn't increase his speed too much. He's generally a character with good priority and above average strength, but his cool down is his downfall, as well as not having a projectile. However, one close up he can cause good damage and has a good source of KO moves, as well as many unorthadox, but at times amazing moves, such as completely unexpected spikes or unexpectedly high knockback moves.

Ichirou's Stance: Holds his blade in a reverse grip, always holding his blade behind him in this stance. Some attacks call for switching his sword into a normal grip, however.

A moves:

AAA: Slashes upwards at a diagonal angle, spins to his right quickly for a weak horizontal slash, then quickly switches his blade into a normal grip, slashing widely from left to right, sending the enemy away with a bit more knockback than say, Mario's. Good damage for AAA combo.

F tilt: Slashes forward while leaning in a variable angle, small range but as much power as Link's F-tilt, comes out pretty fast, although a bit of cool down to recoil his blade. Very slightly above average F-tilt damage. A good spacer.

D-tilt: Spins to the left, leaning forward slightly to stab his blade through the air and touching the ground. Very similar to Marth's 3rd down aimed slash in Dancing Blade, but comes out faster with less cool down and knockback. Average spike if the enemy is in air. If the point strikes when the move first starts(about lower stomach area)or at the end(at the ground), it's a very powerful tipper spike, a bit stronger than Zamus' Down B. Various uses.

U-tilt: Swings his blade in a completely circular arc to reach above his head, transitioning from a reverse grip to a normal, to a reverse again all in one motion. Sends enemys hit in a diagonal angle in the direction of the slash. Good damage, slightly above average knockback. Great for pressuring the enemy/juggling and working combos.

Smashes:

D-smash: Very quickly reverse grip-stabs his blade behind him at a low angle, then spins around for a chest-level slash. After the second slash, there's very little cool down at all. The first stab has a very horizontal angle knockback when the enemy is hit while standing on a surface, if they're in the air or on a slant they go diagonally downwards the way the blade is facing very quickly.

The slash in the front is pretty powerful, and has a knockback angle similar to Ike's F-tilt. Knockback for chest level slash has a bit more knockback than Marth's non-tipper F-smash. Damage for backwards slash is good, but knockback is as aforementioned is average. The damage
for the second slash is less, but knockback is more.

F-smash: Quickly steps forward to deliver a powerful leftward-spinning reverse grip slash, which can be followed up by a forward grip slash by short hopping(or atleast similar to) forwards at a high arked diagonal angel. Both
slashes are quite fast. The first slash has a bit more knockback than D-smash's first hit, but not too much more.

The second slash however has about as much power as Ike's F-tilt. Cool down lag for the second slash is a bit more than Marth's F-smash. Cool down for the first is about 2/3 the second slash's cooldown. The first slash only does a bit more damage than his own F-tilt, but the second slash does about 1.7 more damage than his F-tilt. Landing the second slash is quite hard however, as they don't combo into eachother.

U-smash: Quickly reaches upwards with good speed, lightly reverse grip slicing across the air for the first hit. Then changes his grip into a normal one and stab powerfully upwards while standing up perfectly straight. The first hit has no knockback and does little damage, but it sucks in the enemy for the second hit unavoidably if they get sliced. The second hit does great damage and knockback, but the accuracy is a bit shaky due to the blade not having a ton of surface area.

If the first slash hits though, the second is sure to land. Recoiling the blade into a reverse grip has around the same lag as his F-smash's first slash. If the enemy is at Ichirou's feet by dodging the first slash, the second slash only glances them and sends them slowly sliding across the ground/diagonally into the ground then sliding, which knock them over and keeps them stunned for awhile, just long enough to keep Ichirou safe to recover from the move.

Dash attack: He quickly stops running, but almost instantly and widely steps forward, drawing
his weapon into a forward grip and stabbing straight ahead. The move has entirely horizontal knockback when hit in the center of the blade or further. If they're closer to the blade's hilt(handle), then they're sent with half the knockback behind Ichirou with about half the damage.

The damage is pretty good, and the knockback is average, similar to Sheik's own dash attack. A tipper is possible on the move, but it only increases damage by only around 3%, and knockback doesn't increase too much either.

When in the air, Ichirou changes the grip on his sword into a forward grip, which quickly changes back without lag apon landing/falling. This varies his moves a bit. Here are his aerials.

N-air: Quickly slices forward at a horizontal angle, spinning around in the process to weakly slash anyone behind him. A third, virtually no knockback slash happens in the front after he ends the second slash. Damage is incredibly minimal, it's only to stop a close range assault when lucky with the final hit's timing.

The attack comes out quickly in the front, and moderatly quick in the back as well. The third slash is slow, but it's meant to be like that. Damage for the first hit is good, and
knockback is good and somewhat upwards and horizontal. The second hit has below average knockback and damage, but it's only meant to fend off an assault from behind really.

F-air: Quickly raises his blade to his forhead and pulls is back, slicing forward with a midair spin. Hits both sides almost simultaniously, first the back and then the front. The backwards slash has an upwards and forward diagonal knockback, although not much and does little damage. The second, frontal slash has very good power and good damage, and has a powerful spike if tippered on the
very tip of the blade, which is certainly harder to do than Snake's F-air spike. If not tippered the knockback is very horizontal and just slightly arching downwards.

U-air: Quickly slices backwards, letting the blade pass directly over his head, then slashes forward powerfully. The first slash isn't very strong in both knockback and damage, but at around 80% for someone like mario, it will outrange the target from the slash. This slash is also weak in terms of knockback, and does very little damage.

The second slash is somewhat strong in both damage and knockback(upwards and arching slightly towards the direction Ichirou faces)and has good range considering his other sword moves.

D-air: Quickly pulls his legs back up into the air, pulling his sword hand back upwards into the air while facing downwards, then plunging his blade straight down. This functions as a spike whenever it hits, somewhat weaker than Ike's. Average damage, but pretty good knockback for a spike.

The range is large, but a bit outside of the blade's physical range the spike only does half the knockback and damage, so good aiming is necesarry. Cool down is a bit less than Ike's own D-air.

Grab moves:

Grab: He grabs the enemy with his free, left hand, holding them tightly by their upper clothing/chest(similar to Captain Falcon's grab hold). His pummel is pounding them in the face with his blade's hilt for 2% damage, about as rapid as Pikachu's electric pummel.

F-throw: Slams them forward into the ground, giving them a fixed amount of knockback, setting them in the air infront of Ichirou. Then, quickly reverse grip slashes the enemy while spinning, sending them horizontally forward. Knockback fades quickly, and average damage.

U-throw: Sets them on their feet, but quickly slams his blade into their foot while in a reverse grip, slashing through it. Then he rips the blade directly upwards in a forward grip, slashing them across the chest and face, sending them flying upwards. Slightly below average knockback, average damage.

B-throw: Spins to the left while holding them, letting go once his left side turns 180 degrees, making them stumble forward slightly. He then steps forwardly widely, reverse grip slashing them across the back, causing them to fly horizontally, but quickly arch down and hit the ground,
giving it somewhat fixed knockback. Slightly above average damage, but average and slightly fixed knockback.

D-throw: Pulls them closer and quickly recoils his hand, slamming the said hand into their stomach, a hidden blade slamming out from his sleeve and stabbing them(Ichirou pulled an Altair move, lol!). He recoils his blade as he steps back, causing them to fall backwards onto the ground. They can roll or attack almost immediatly, similar to Snake's D-throw.

Specials:

B: Gets into a special stance by standing on his left leg only, pulling his right leg in. He places his reverse grip blade somewhat high in the air behind him, charging his move. He can do this multiple times, each time getting somewhat slower. The attack is very special and unique in the fact the amount of time in the stance is fixed for each power stage. Whenever you want to unleash his attack, you press B once it's fully charged, or in the middle of a stance. The stance is at first quick, but slows down over time. The final charge doesn't take too much longer, though.

When the attack is unleashed, a fixed attack with both fighters having super armor commences. However, time freezes for anyone not in the attack, the attack can only contain one fighter anyways. Each stage builds onto itself with a new attack here's the list of moves.

Stage 1: Ichirou quickly dashes forward a short distance(about Ike's uncharged quickdraw), spinning to the left for a reverse grip slash. If someone is hit, time freezes instantly and Ichirou continues his spin after the slash connects to pass them, immediatly jumping up and around(not over)the enemy, delivering another reverse grip slash to the enemy's face. Knockback is very little and fixed, sending them about the same distance he can dash using the move.

Stage 2: Adding onto the face slash, the enemy stumbles back, and he follows by changing his grip to a forward grip, stabbing them in the stomach with a lunge forward. This has about double the knockback as stage 1, but only adds a little damage and is also fixed.

Stage 3: After the gut stab, they hunch forward holding their gut, letting him change to a reverse grip as he spins to the left towards them, getting into a duck after 180 degrees of a turn. Finishing the spin, he springs upwards slightly leaving the ground, slicing upwards to
their face. The knockback is again fixed, causing them to fly in a fixed rainbow arch, about a bit more distance than stage 1, again only a little damage is added.

Stage 4: Once the enemy is flung into the air by the slash, Ichirou spins once more to recoil his attack and jumps after them, literally landing on the enemy and revealing his hidden blade once more, plunging it into the enemy's stomach. Once he does this, he quickly recoils his blade and turns back while holding the opponent still, kicking off them into a flip and landing where he started from stage 1.

The enemy is pushed away at again, fixed knockback, but the hidden blade does a bit more damage than a regular slash. The enemy falls diagonally downwards until they hit the ground or would of reached ground level, then the stun ends.

Stage 5 - Final Stage: Instead of landing after stage 4, once he gains distance in the air the camera zooms in on Ichirou as he quietly says "Perish..", then instead of landing as stage 4 ended, he does a midair jump, launching himself spinning to the right like a bullet at the enemy. Once he ends up above the enemy and
directly aligned with them, he switches his blade into a forward grip, doing an extremely powerful spinning slash at the enemy, causing the character to yell out their trademark getting KO'd yell.

The animation for the attack ends immediatly after the yell. Once the cutscene attack ends, the enemy plummets with the most powerful spike in the game. This spike slams them very hard against the ground, which actually causes 3% damage. However, if they were off the stage's edge when they were hit with the move, they automatically plummet to their death.

Getting and retaining Stage 5 is very hard though, and the cutscene doesn't traverse too much distance from where it starts, so odds are this won't happen - but if it does, it's a good kill. For damage, each normal slash does 3% per stage. Stage 1 does 6%, Stage 2 does 9%, stage 3 does 12%, stage 4 does 18%(6 damage instead of 3 for hidden blade), and stage 5 does an impressive 10%, totalling 28%. If Stage 5 doesn't kill the enemy, 31% total for the target slamming into the ground.

Charging up the move is very hazardous, as interupting a stance by using shield or rolling doesn't get you the next stage, finding the time to increase a stage is rough as well, especially in the later stages due to the slightly increased time. All in all, it's a tough to use but very good move. ..Longest single move explanation ever. Lol. I know some will complain it's way too flashy of a special, especially for Brawl, but give me a break. :lol:

Side B: Gets into a stance and charges for awhile, once you charged your wanted amount you let go of B and he dashes forward very fast(a bit faster than Ike's Side b). Once he meets an enemy, time freezes and he does a powerful upwards slash in a reverse grip, so powerfull, it
just slices through and there's no knockback and only flinching. Instantly, he recoils into a spin and roundhouse kicks them away, which has pretty average knockback.

The stun lasts awhile if they go off the stage, but it's unlikely since the knockback is diagonally downwards. Also, if he hits a target and finishes the move, time unfreezes and he dashes forward the minimum distance he can do uncharged again, or half the distance he charged if more than the minimum.

He'll repeat the same move if he catches someone else in the second dash - however, it does more damage since he does two slashes. He can't go any more times after two, though.

The damage for uncharged is ony 9, 6 for the slash and 3 for the kick. If charged at all, it will do 11 damage, 8 for the slash and 3 for the kick. The second attack if it connects with someone does 4 more than normal, totalling 15%.

Down B: Counter move. Ichirou gets into a visibly noticable stance, and if attacked, he parrys the attack by bouncing it with his blade in a reverse grip, then lunging forward to the enemy and stabbing his hidden blade into them. This does .5% of the attack's normal damage, + 10%. 11% is the minimum. They fall backwards instantly once he digs his blade out of them, and they have a short amount of time before they can do anything. However, Ichirou steps backwards a bit so his moves can't hit them in time unless they don't do anything.

If he's on the edge of the stage, he can take advantage of not stepping back though and be in range for a follow up move.

Up B: Quickly lunges upwards after flipping his sword into a forward grip, holding it in both hands and jumps upwards, sort of like Marths but at a completely straight angle, and doesn't sweetspot immediatly. It's a weak hit with fixed knockback, but after this hit he spins around
with a powerful slash while lunging forward in a horizontal hit. Any time during this aerial lunge he can grab the ledge, he will also fall similar to after Ike's Quick Draw failed.

The second slash will always hit if the first one does, and does minor damage, but has about as much power as Toon Link's final Up B hit.

..Yeah, that's my monumentous moveset for my original character, Ichirou. Hope you liked this long ass thing. :D

How about an original character? :D Anyone who kept track of the "what to put in the next smash bros." thread will know what I'm talking about. This is my custom moveset. It's incredibly long, but.. meh. I worked somewhat hard on it, so if you've got the time to read it, please do so. :)

This, is Ichirou, my custom character(not my own image, lol). http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20demon/Tubbyrott/wf.jpg?o=843

Blah, blah on the rest... if you REALLY want to read it either scroll up for a few minutes or click the arrow beside this name
Wow... Good imagination, eh? I couldn't have done it, but I did notice one thing,He's just like a Fire Emblem character.
So what about using Fire Emblem, eh?
Here are some possibilities:
1) Hector - Seen here -
hectortd6.jpg

Or Zelgius - Here
Ferd-black-knight.jpg

Thanks. :D Well, I'm not exactly a FE player, but...

I'd say a swordsman who's using an abnormal reverse grip wouldn't play anything like someone weilding an axe, and resident Blue Man has a moveset for Zelgius. ..Or atleast I hope to god he saved it on his PC, it was brilliant.

I will admit he'd play like an FE character though, in general atleast by not having any projectiles and fighting with a bladed weapon. I like to think Ichirou is unique, though. :lol:

i've had a few custom ideas. usually put into RPs. the link in my sig leads to the current RP in which i have 2 characters. i also had a character in another RP that was deleted when wiichat crashed. i can do movesets for them later. i'm going to bed.

Good Night Wiichat!

Thanks. :D Well, I'm not exactly a FE player, but...

I'd say a swordsman who's using an abnormal reverse grip wouldn't play anything like someone weilding an axe, and resident Blue Man has a moveset for Zelgius. ..Or atleast I hope to god he saved it on his PC, it was brilliant.

I will admit he'd play like an FE character though, in general atleast by not having any projectiles and fighting with a bladed weapon. I like to think Ichirou is unique, though. :lol:
I don't play FE either, just thought maybe you could e-mail Nintendo about it.
But I'll admit that is a great move set for someone who never shows any possible moves.
Is that Like Ichiro? Could you give a better pronunciation?

E-mail Nintendo? :lol: I'd never waste my time doing that..

Depends on what you mean by "better" pronunciation. It's spelled Ichirou, with a U, btw.

like i said earlier i have a few custom ideas. heres one from an RP that was deleted when wiichat crashed.

Name: Marx Kylith
basic history:
Marx is a grand military strategist. his plans have only lost twice in his entire military career. He's a member of the Tri-Council, a group of three officials that only answer to the Leader of the evil goverment. he has no magic abilities prefering to kill his foes with his power and genius alone.
appearence: black armor, long blue hair, no helmet.
weapon: chain spear. its a special spear that lets him fire off the blade and control it via a long chain.

B=Strong Spear: raises his spear then smashes the ground in front of him. powerful but slow.

→B=Spear Shot: fires the blade forward a long distance the calls it back. works like TLs boomerarng only twice as powerful and fast, however he can't move until the blade returns.

↑B=Helicopter Spin: Spins his spear fast above him, pulling him up into the air. works like spin attack but it only hits above him. it goes farther but does less. can't be used on the ground.

↓B=Chain Sheild: fires the blade, then spins it in front of him. blocks frontal attacks and reflects projectiles. also pushes the enemy away with the wind created by the spinning chain.

FS=Power of the Council.
can only be used on the ground. Marx calls in the other 2 members of the Tri-Council, Fallon an intelligent person that dislikes fighting(created by BHrizer) and Tiberius an ancient, mighty dragon(created by WMBQ). together the 3 of them attack right in front of Marx. if it connects it begins a movie scene. the enemy is transported to the Grand Council Hall(dark building of immense size), Fallon comes forward and stabs them with a small knife before moving away. Marx then slices them with his spear before jumping away. Finally Tiberius blasts them away with a massive fireball.

His grab would be a tether and his pummel would be a knee to the gut. all his A-moves and smashs would be spear moves.
he would be average speed with low jump hieght and high atdack power and weight

like i said earlier i have a few custom ideas. heres one from an RP that was deleted when wiichat crashed.

Name: Marx Kylith
basic history:
Marx is a grand military strategist. his plans have only lost twice in his entire military career. He's a member of the Tri-Council, a group of three officials that only answer to the Leader of the evil goverment. he has no magic abilities prefering to kill his foes with his power and genius alone.
appearence: black armor, long blue hair, no helmet.
weapon: chain spear. its a special spear that lets him fire off the blade and control it via a long chain.

B=Strong Spear: raises his spear then smashes the ground in front of him. powerful but slow.

→B=Spear Shot: fires the blade forward a long distance the calls it back. works like TLs boomerarng only twice as powerful and fast, however he can't move until the blade returns.

↑B=Helicopter Spin: Spins his spear fast above him, pulling him up into the air. works like spin attack but it only hits above him. it goes farther but does less. can't be used on the ground.

↓B=Chain Sheild: fires the blade, then spins it in front of him. blocks frontal attacks and reflects projectiles. also pushes the enemy away with the wind created by the spinning chain.

FS=Power of the Council.
can only be used on the ground. Marx calls in the other 2 members of the Tri-Council, Fallon an intelligent person that dislikes fighting(created by BHrizer) and Tiberius an ancient, mighty dragon(created by WMBQ). together the 3 of them attack right in front of Marx. if it connects it begins a movie scene. the enemy is transported to the Grand Council Hall(dark building of immense size), Fallon comes forward and stabs them with a small knife before moving away. Marx then slices them with his spear before jumping away. Finally Tiberius blasts them away with a massive fireball.

His grab would be a tether and his pummel would be a knee to the gut. all his A-moves and smashs would be spear moves.
he would be average speed with low jump hieght and high atdack power and weight

Ha, thats awesome dude.

Good moveset Shadow, the first fighter in Brawl to own a chain-blade spear. Sounds like a unique fighter.. The odd thing is I feel like I've seen something extremely familiar to it.. I don't know why. Good moveset either way. I'll hold back on my second characters' moveset to let your's have some breathing room. :thumbsup:

Back