The One Character That Would've Made Brawl Perfect

Revive the thread before it dies! :D Since I've given some time after my previous moveset of Ichirou was thrown out, here's #2!

Jirou, the first brother of Ichirou. Another weilder of the blade. Again, this is his appearance: http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/TwilightMasterCK1/?action=view&current=Jirouimage.jpg

Now, I know you're thinking "omg hes a ninja dats soooo lame" or something, but don't get so hurried on your opinion. Jirou isn't a normal "ninja" he's perfected the art of Ninpo, specifically ice based Ninpo. Not only is he a varied weapon master, but he commands the power of sub zero temperature. You'll see what I mean later on in the moveset.

Jirou is fairly average in terms of weight and falls somewhat slowly, but his fast fall gets him going pretty fast. His running speed is even slightly better than Sheik's, and his stance while running is very similar. Very high aimed attacks can miss him at times when he's running even, which is a plus.

The main problem with him is that while is definatly isn't weak, he doesn't have a ton of KO moves. He often has a good amount of priority though as well as a few ranged moves, making him a formidable opponent. Comboing and using his techniques correctly are the path to victory when using him.

A moves:

AAA: Stabs his blade forward quickly, then rips it to right the side for two hits, very little knockback. Then stabs his blade forward again for less damage than before, but can be performed repeatedly, about as rapid as Fox's AAA. Good for building up damage, as it has good range.

F-tilt: Amazingly quick slices his katana from left to right, having almost no start up lag. Damage is average and knockback is slightly above average, but his cooldown is somewhat big. Slightly above average damage too. A great spacer.

U-tilt: Waves his left hand above his head, slicing with his 3 handheld Kunai(throwing knives). No matter when or where the enemy is hit, they always get hit 3 times for 4% each, totalling 12%. Knockback is very little, and sends them diagonally away from where Ichirou is facing. Great for juggling and comboing.

D-tilt: Steps forward in a right-turning spin very quickly, sweeping the ground with his blade. This causes him to go forward very slightly from his previous standing position. Does slightly below average damage and has no knockback, but trips the enemy every time. Great for mind games and stopping ground approaches. It has little start up lag and cooldown.

Dash: Quickly stops running but slips forwards slightly, slicing his blade up and backwards through the air. A wave of icy aura comes off the blade, which puts a "flower" effect on the enemy. This flower effect is just like how the Ice Climber's FS does damage when you're too close, without the freezing. The extra damage happens very quickly.

Below average damage and slightly below average knockback, but once the flower does it's full damage % the damage is pretty good. It comes out very fast though, and has little cooldown.

Smashes:

U-smash: Thrusts his blade upwards with all his might, launching a pillar of icy aura to encase and surround him, freezing anyone it hits for average damage. If hit by the tip or close to it, they don't freeze but are stunned in the hit for a moment and then launched with good knockback. Knockback is straight up without DI. Does better damage when freezing. Freezing's knockback increases dramatically around the 100% damage mark. When the attack ends, the aura flashes and disappears. Very little vulnerable cooldown. Comes out relatively fast.

D-smash: Quickly plants his sword in the ground, causing two fat ice pillars to erupt on both sides. They are pointed diagonally and have perfectly diagonal knockback. Average damage, average knockback but very quick, slightly slower than Wolf's D-smash speed. If the aim is off the foe is freezed instead and is thrown straight up with little damage and knockback. The ice pillars break and vanish once the attack ends. Average cool down.

F-smash: Grabs his katana in both hands and thrusts powerfully forward, a burst of ice energy splashing forth from the blade to cause multiple ice hits. Knockback archs a lot and is horizontal and slightly diagonal upwards. Slightly above average damage, good knockback. Average cooldown. Comes out fairly fast.

Specials:

B: Gets into a stance similar to Ike's Eruption stance, holding his katana in two hands while charging ice energy. When done, plants blade for multiple ice spikes to rush forward on the ground. Straight upwards knockback, ice spikes' tallness grows as it goes forward, increasing it's range. However, if the enemy is hit right when the blade it planted, knockback and damage is doubled by a small range(only the range of the actual blade)icy explosion. The charge can't be held, but the range is half of FD when fully charged.

The charge time takes equal time to Marth's Shield Breaker. The knockback angle for this is very diagonal. Above average cooldown. Also, if the surface it's on isn't solid(i.e. it just ends or a platform you go through is below), the spikes stop. If it is solid however(like a wall in the Temple), it travels across it very much like Pikachu's Thunder Jolt.

Side B: Uses the 3 kunai he holds one at a time, tossing one near instantly. Flies about the speed of Falco's blaster. Does 7% every time, very little knockback. Can't be used rapidly, takes 1.5 seconds in order to throw the next. Once he uses all 3, when Side B is pressed it takes 1 second recharge stance that you can't move out from, and can be interupted by attack. Once it ends all 3 kunai are ready to be used again.

Virtually no cooldown, and starts up very quickly. Also, if a kunai hits someone, it will go through them and keep going at half the speed. If it hits someone afterwards, it'l only do half the damage but damage none the less.

Down B: Crouches forward very quickly, bringing his katana past the left side of his head. Then, quickly gets back up while spinning wildly, creating an icy tornado of energy. Each hit sucks the enemy back in, freezing them after a few hits. Always hits a set amount of times(6) if the enemy gets caught.

Once the enemy is frozen after all 6 hits, the knockback direction is entirely random, but knockback is generally poor. Does great damage however, and covers both sides. Start up is somewhat quick, but a good amount of cooldown. The range is the length of his blade around him, but the tornado of ice reaches above his head, pulling in anyone from above.

Up B: Uncoils his chain very quickly with by thrusting his left arm up, launching the chain to the nearest edge and tethering it. While he can Air dodge+A for a tether grab, this tether can be used from below the ledge and involves a final midair jump before launching the chain. However, if the jump isn't needed and he's already in range, he will automatically tether. If the jump doesn't even get him into range, he tosses his held Kunai(if any)towards the nearest ledge, very quickly planting them into the ledge's surface.

Each Kunai has interlocking surface on their grip's tip, allowing the Kunai to create a sort of extending rope. If now within range of the Kunai, Ichirou quickly uncoils his chain with a thrust of his left arm, launching the chain onto the closest Kunai in the form of a tether. With 3 Kunai, this makes his tether extremely long and far reaching, especially with the jump.

However, if a Kunai thrown were to hit an opponent, they will be stunned in the air and he tethers onto the enemy. He footstool jumps them, then whipping his chain to release it, which semi-spikes the enemy quite a ways. The player will need a very good recovery, on par with Meta Knights or better, in order to survive. After the enemy is footstooled, Ichirou has gained more height and will attempt to tether again.

The footstool jump gives him almost as much length as his 3 Kunai attached together, meaning his chances of recovery are very high. If his Kunai land on the ledge but not an opponent yet he is still out of range, he will flail his chain straight upwards at full length, which will graple anyone it hits. If they're caught, they get dragged down with him in the same fashion as Kirby's nuetral B move. It's escapable, but tough to get out of.

Grabs: Jirou's grab is a tether, using a long, spiked chain as the grab. The chain is naturally hidden in his left sleeve, but can be thrown out on command. It doubles as a tether, and works as a long grab. His pummel is quickly slicing his 3 Kunai. It does 3 damage, but is a bit quicker
than most 3% pummels, and can often be used twice and then throw the enemy before they escape.

F-throw: Spins around with the enemy still on the chain, using whip lash to rip them from the chain and send them flying. Knockback is very horizontal, but they don't go much farther than the chains length unless they have a lot of damage. Slightly below average damage, poor knockback.

U-throw: Quickly recoils his chain, causing the enemy to spin for a moment and gain a very small damage %, then stabs upwards with his katana, sending them straight up. Average damage, average knockback.

D-throw: Spins back to recoil his chain, releasing the enemy behind him. He shakes the chain violently while doing this, the spikes of the chain digging into the enemy and doing damage very rapidly. They impact the floor quickly and bounce away. Good damage, average knockback. Knockback is horizontal while rainbowing in an arch after the bounce.

D-throw: Slits the enemy's throat with the 3 left hand kunai, sending them forward to the ground. Similar to Snake's, but does more damage. Jirou also backs up slightly, meaning he can't follow up with a move or get countered.

Aerials:

N-air: A pulse of icy aura explodes all around his body, freezing anyone he hits. The pulse does average knockback, but increases highly around very high damage percents. Knockback is straight up. The range is slightly outwards from his body, as well as anyone touching him. The pulse doesn't last long however, and has a good amount of cooldown. Damage is slightly above average.

U-air: Slashes across the air with his 3 left hand kunai, very similar to his U-tilt. However, knockback is slightly more, but damage is slightly less with the first hit being 4%, the next being 3%, and the final being 2% to total 9%. The range is low, but it comes out extremely fast and has little cooldown, can juggle very easily at low percents.

D-air: Quickly turns and slices the air below him horizontally with his katana, having completely
horizontal knockback in the direction he slashed. Does below average damage, and knockback is low, but it comes out fast and has little cooldown. The range is good, but can only hit below him.

B-air: Changes the grip on his katana into a reverse one with his right hand, stabbing between his arm and body to reach behind him. Does good damage and great knockback, but the cooldown to transition back into a normal grip is somewhat big, a bit less than his N-air. Knockback is very horizontal and slightly upwards diagonally.

Well, that's Jirou's Ninja-esque moveset. As you may or may not of noticed, he's often a player with good priority, but doesn't lack power. His KO moves usually have notable cool down however, so just like a Ninja, be swift and quick with the kill.

ALSO! As a bonus for actually completing my second moveset, I'll throw out my first character, Ichirou's, Final Smash. It's pretty.. different, and not a Brawl-esque move, but hey, it's awesome. Here it is.

Final Smash: Ichirou near instantly stops time and slowly raises his left hand to his hood, gripping it tightly. Glowing a demonish black aura, in a flash, he quickly throws his hood back, revealing his eyes. A flash of black light extends from his eyes to indicate the attack's range, and if any character facing him is within range, which is a bit larger than Link's Triforce Slash both in length and width, the FS begins and time stops again, making any character not caught completely invulnerable.

A close up of Ichirou's eyes zooms in, showing he has absolutely no pupil - instead, a black, inverted pentagram is literally carved into his eyes, of which the pentagram glows a sinister aura, very similar to what shadow bugs give off.

The character locked into the FS is memorized by his demonic eyes, and he slowly approaches them by walking, even through the air. As he approaches them, he lowly says "I am a cursed monster... let me share my pain with you!". In a flash his image and appearance distorts and he disappears, a blackened image of him, multiple at a time, constantly fading in and out around the opponent.

Multiple hidden blade stabs, hacks and slashes consume the enemy until Ichirou finally reappears, walking away from the opponent locked in the FS. Slowly putting his hood back on, he returns to his former spot, whispering "we shall be damned together...", and he retakes his stance in his previous spot before the FS began. Once he's done talking, the FS ends and the enemy
launches straight forwards with insane force, more than Link's Triforce Slash even.

The reason for all that power and range is because the enemy HAS to be facing him in order for this to work, otherwise it fails completely. It also can't trap more than one enemy.

There you have it. A crazy final smash for a not-so crazy character. :)

Last edited:
Here's my characters.

Name: Aelrein Ghottox

Alignment: Evil

Appearance: Long black robe, Shoulder length dirty blonde hair, high buckled dragonhide boots.

Stance of Attack: Slow moving, with swift, precise blows, not much knockback power.

Moves: B: Blasting Telekinetic Wave, Chargeable, much like Samus. High Knockback, low damage. Damage: 8%

Forward B: Lunge Stab; Unsheaths sword, leaps forward, driving it into the opponent. No knockback, massive stunning power, medium damage. Damage: 13%

Down B: Teleshield; rubble is picked up telekinetically to create a shiled in front of the character for 1.25 seconds. No damage.

Up B: Telepropulsion; Aims hands towards the ground and shoots force waves out to propel any direction. If just below said character, Does 5% damage per half of a second.

Final Smash: Telectrocution: No knockback, Massive stunning. Lightning forks across the entire screen, stunning and dealing damage to multiple enemies. Only successful dodge is at just before the moment of electrocution. Continues shocking for 6 seconds, dealing 10% damage per second. Melts characters skin, transforming into Necro-Aelrein.

Ill post the next moveset in a bit.

Ok, heres the next one

Name: Aelrein Ghottox Necro-Form (post Final Smash)

Alliance: Evil/Good

Movement: Moves the same way as his previous form, but has quick erratic slashes with hands instead of slow, sweeping sword attacks.

Appearance: Charred and burned body adorned with blood and black burns.

Moveset:

B: Light Explosion: Chargeable: All light from the screen is dimmed and sucked into Aelrein's chest. Takes 6 seconds to fully charge, then it can be unleashed at any time (Like DK Punch). Low Damage, High Knockback. The screen remains dimmed until attack is used. When used, all the light stored inside him explodes in a circulating barrier type attack (like a surrounding shield.) Can reflect energy based blasts. 3-10 damage.

Forward B: Arm Throw: Missle-Like attack: Aelrein telekinetically rips one or both (if used consecutively after the first) and blasts it forward with Telekinetic power. High Damage, Semi-stunning. 7-15 damage (if both are used) Arms grow back three seconds after use, rendering him incapable of normal attack until reconstituted.

Down B: Blood Spill: Slick Attack: Aelrein spews blood onto the floor in a circle around him. The opponent slips and falls if stepped across it. Causes 2 Damage when slipped, lasts 12 seconds.

Up B: Fire Consumation: Teleport Attack: Flames engulfs Aelrein and he dissappears, then reappears in the trajected area. .75 second chargeup. Much like Sheiks Teleport. Causes damage if opponent is in trajected path. Also, if opponent is close enough to Aelrein when first used, the opponent Teleports as well.

Final Smash: Reconstitution: Absorbment Attack: Aelrein glows bright green and gains a vampiristic nature, gaining the ability to fly. If Aelrein comes in contact with an enemy, He grabs onto them and sucks there energy from their body. They take 50% damage, and Aelrein regains 50% damage. Aelrein then transforms back to reconstituted first form.

So, comments?

Zombies.. Lol. Aside from the character idea being "retro"(like my Ninja), it's a good moveset, very original. Completely un-smash-like, but that just adds to the originality concept. Well done! :thumbsup:

you forgot the ninja's up B

..Yes, yes I did. x.o; How stupid of me.. I'll get right on that. >.>;;

EDIT: Editted in the Up B moves.. Thanks for the notification, Shadow. >.>'

Last edited:
Heh, thanks. It could work in Brawl......just dont know how bad poeples reactions would be. lol

excellent characters, CK & Storm
although i highly doubt any zombies would get into the game

also for Aelrein Zombie mode, his FS should instead of flying around, it should have an activation attack like shooting a fire ball that can be aimed like Din's Fire. if it hits someone then he teleports to them and swaps there damage. adds a bit of strategy doesn't it?

That's a good moveset for Mog. While those spear attacks are pretty plain, so is Mog in general and is just plain hard to work with. The specials are pretty interesting, and being able to chance specials with a simple taunt is very unique and cool. His A moves could use a little work, but they aren't the most important thing. Well done, RockerJ.

I did all my movesets in about 30 minutes each, you know. :lol: My movesets could use more touches too ofcourse, any and all original concepts could use improvements, yeah?

True, but you're a casual gamer, for me, it's just a pastime. I enjoy Nintendo, but I have other things to do and Nintendo makes a good transition.

..Did you just call me a casual gamer? ..I lol'd! :lol: :lol: :lol: I think you meant you're the casual gamer. xD

Back