WiiChat Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonManX said:
I come here in neutrality.

Whilst it is important to get more mods, I can understand why you would want to be cautious of your choices. No one wants to give a bad member mod privileges but with the release of Brawl around the corner and the fact that you guys are linked from Smashboards I can only assume this place will explode further when that date comes around.

You have some good members who would make suitable mods, even if they were only temp mods until i0n shows himself yet again only to go into hiding.

I think this is a good forum and would hate to see it die, so I'm hoping you can at least find some temp mods or something.

Best of luck.

I agree to an extent. I would like to see permanent Mods, they would be a higher benefit than temp. They would have time to gain experience also. That's why I would like some now to learn before we have another flood. We also need some more cover currently. We are a high maintainance(sp) community

Interesting opinion, Prez. We're fine right now, but you know just as well as I do that that is going to change quickly. Why not prevent whats going to happen from happening, rather than waiting for it to happen and attempting to solve the problem.

You've obviously got a beef with Brandon, Jam.

Thanks, LMX. Liking the new setup over in your neck of the woods.

LevesqueIsKing said:
You've obviously got a beef with Brandon, Jam.

Thanks, LMX. Liking the new setup over in your neck of the woods.

I have no beef with Brandon, I am just saying that news wise it is necessary that we have a true reporter. Fair enough giving us the news is a benefit to the community but a reporter titles issues you responsibility to tell it to us, not show it. If you want to continue this message me, don't post here.

The wl setup is indeed looking nice currently, also well maintained.

Cpt.McCloud said:
One note is that Cantgetawii only quotes and links, a true news reporter types it all out in his words.
that's true and a very good point, it does take a certain skill in writing and we don't always see that kind of skill all the time around here:lol: but he does find news and excellent information, which is important as well. Maybe a news and rumors section and not necessarily a writer type mod would be the answer here.
I still stick with my point in saying that the mods are fine until they say they need help.

Wii-Fi said:
that's true and a very good point, it does take a certain skill in writing and we don't always see that kind of skill all the time around here:lol: but he does find news and excellent information, which is important as well. Maybe a news and rumors section and not necessarily a writer type mod would be the answer here.
I still stick with my point in saying that the mods are fine until they say they need help.

I believe Syntax currently wants some new staff in place. Not only should it be left to them but us as members can see problems that we have.
40000+ have a better insight than 3 I would think much?

LevesqueIsKing said:
Not when they all think the same thing.

To what point was this aimed at?

Thank you, but I'm not really here to discuss my other interests d:

As for temp mods, if you really preferred it then "Trainee" could be a better way of wording it. If they prove themselves worthy of their mod powers and fulfill their duties then keep them, but if they do not then show them the door. Because being mod is more than a title, you have to do you job (lock threads, ban spammers, ect) because on a quickly growing forum like this the holes appear if there isn't someone to patch it up fast enough.

We dealt with a squirrel spammer over on WL awhile back. And he was our eye opener.

How many active mods do we have that are outside North America? I know i0n isn't from NA, but are there any others? Because I feel like we should have at least one more from outside NA. Just so that we have at least one moderator on during more hours of the day.

Cpt.McCloud said:
I believe Syntax currently wants some new staff in place. Not only should it be left to them but us as members can see problems that we have.
40000+ have a better insight than 3 I would think much?
yeah and it would be nice to have more mods and get rid of Vert no offence but where the heck has this guy been?
I'm just saying as of right now and a bit further into the future i see myself content with the mods, there hasn't been much spam other than the ad posts, which aren't anoying since they really aren't intrupting other peoples topics. Seriously remember that one guy that kept spaming here?

another thread like this? geez. i mean, i agree we need mods and all but.........yea, Syntax needs some help. although the mods, staff or whoever determines these thing are completely going to ignore wat im about to say, ill still say it: we should take a vote to determine 3 new mods.

Wii-Fi said:
yeah and it would be nice to have more mods and get rid of Vert no offence but where the heck has this guy been?
I'm just saying as of right now and a bit further into the future i see myself content with the mods, there hasn't been much spam other than the ad posts, which aren't anoying since they really aren't intrupting other peoples topics. Seriously remember that one guy that kept spaming here?

There are plenty to be revoked powers from.

Mr.S, flip, vert, registered nerd. To name a few.

I also completely agree with LMX and Nic7. We have none active mods outside of NA. I believe that Trulen is possibly SA though..?

Last edited:
LemonManX said:
Thank you, but I'm not really here to discuss my other interests d:

As for temp mods, if you really preferred it then "Trainee" could be a better way of wording it. If they prove themselves worthy of their mod powers and fulfill their duties then keep them, but if they do not then show them the door. Because being mod is more than a title, you have to do you job (lock threads, ban spammers, ect) because on a quickly growing forum like this the holes appear if there isn't someone to patch it up fast enough.

We dealt with a squirrel spammer over on WL awhile back. And he was our eye opener.

I'm not sure vbullitin has a trainee feature or at least any titles below an admin, so you would have to promote the select users than demote them to get rid of the excess number like what you theorize. I wouldn't say it would be a bad idea if possible though.
Yeah mods have always been a hot topic here. Not that i'd have to tell you guys:lol: Yeah Vert being a mod= annoying username at the bottom of the section. But it's not to bad here Cpt and i don't think i see it getting worse at least until ssbb, which could be the only thing to worry about. But as long as the mods and i0n have a list of potentials, we will get the mods needed if necessary. Hopefully.

Last edited:
Wii-Fi said:
I'm not sure vbullitin has a trainee feature or at least any titles below an admin, so you would have to promote the select users than demote them to get rid of the excess number like what you theorize. I wouldn't say it would be a bad idea if possible though.
Yeah mods have always been a hot topic here.

He basically means give them mod power and then after a period of time judge to keep or show the door power wise.

yeah but giving power then taking it away seems kind of insensitive. Lol i guess it could be like a reality show or something like the apprentice, where potentials get voted off. (which we should def do!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back