you people need a reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean the begginhng of this thread? I dont know. Just didnt see it is all. Im starting to think that perm. bans and IP blocks are needed...

Bah! She can be hotheaded at times, but she is responsible enough not to ban and block everyone. I trust TLC

Wow, I think everyone I have ever talked to agrees with that statement right there.

It's a shame you didn't find this until AFTER BrandonMcAuslan came in.

Why? My opinion is still out there. I dont care that he beat me to it (if thats what your talking about) I do think that there should be a notice of this thread to everyone.

Nah, that's not what I'm saying at all....ah well. :/

A few days ago, I was against Jill a bit.....after today, I think I have to agree with her 95%... The lounge is just too random. The other 5% is religion threads, which I am still for, although if they left, I wouldn't go.

I think it goes like this for me.
Random %60 (dislike)
Religeon %10 (dislike)
Nintendo-based %30 (like)

I honestly can't be bothered with arguments here - especialy like this - but I feel the need to defend myself.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
let me first say? i love a guy with a sense of humor. for you to be PEEVED is just obsurd. when have i EVER EVER and i mean EVER bad mouthed you or had to yell at you for you point of views? hmmmm i believe never, yep thats right never. so by me banning or slapping the wrists of all your little buddies on this site for acting like immature little brats upsets you? do me a favor, the web is a large place! use that little X on your screen on the internet explorer there and leave. grow up if this offends you. of all the stuff that goes on here, THIS is what upsets you? damn you must not be mature enough to read on....now if you dont mind, i have to guard my little playground here

In my opinion these are not the words of an individual thinking/acting reasonably. I don't need too be shouted at or spoken down to.
Also I don't think its absurd to be peeved when someone tells an entire forum of people that they need a "reality check"? especially considering this person is a moderator and should know better. If "I" had created this thread/rant I would be looking at a warning, a no posting ban or worse.

You contradict yourself by earlier stating that certain topics are (or should be) off-limits due to minors being present - then you say that you are "banning or slapping the wrists of all your little buddies on this site for acting like immature little brats".
So we are to steer clear of mature topics of conversation because many people here are (allegedly) too immature participate. But also people are being banned for being/acting immature? Who is the winner in this situation?

The_Loose_Cannon said:
oh do i now??? are you my departmentmental psychatrist now? GOOD because i still have yet to talk about my 9-11 feelings since im in need of a little reality check myself.....damn great call, when do i get my prozac? oh....wait...you were serious! EVERYONE has a different point of view, hmm i should know. but that doesnt mean that it should be negatively displayed on the site. its completely acceptable to debate when using proper language and theres no hurt feelings. as long as theres no cursing, no slander and no disregard for the other person in general then fine, go ahead talk about all the taboo subjects you want. but when memebers report it to me and tell me that this upsets them, or im offended by this, or OMG HOW CAN THEY SAY THAT! and then back me up with documentation? theres nothing left for me to do but yeah, thats right delete and remove...good youre catching on. lets go to the next paragraph then!

What has 9-11 got to do with anything here? It was one of the most horrible events in human history. I think everyone has strong feelings and emotions about what happened that day. But again I'm jst going to leave that alone and re-iterate the point it has nothing to do with this discussion.

Again you say that you are "banning or slapping the wrists of all your little buddies on this site for acting like immature little brats". Yet when someone can't handle an opinion vastly contrasting their own, that they may find offensive you don't consider that to be immature? That someone would react to the point of "OMG HOW CAN THEY SAY THAT!". I think that person should maybe give internet forums a miss. The internet is a harsh place. I'm not defending the views of some people. But I believe they have the right to hold those views. And I agree that there are some comments that should be deleted/removed from this particular website. But I believe we should have the right to be told in a mature way why those comments/pages surrounding that persons views have been deleted. I'm not questioning the action - simply the conduct. [/quote]

The_Loose_Cannon said:
what are you ottoman? are you pushing buttons? in staff chat i made a post in staff chat about it and here it is!

go ahead argue with i0n im sure hell care go on, PM him right now and have a beef with him NOT me. i dont make the rules, i enforce them

then leave, simple, bye!
Now "you" are being immature. There's no call for this?

The_Loose_Cannon said:
first you all complain about NO MODS OMGZZZZZZ! LET ME BE MOD! then when you see a change you automatically cry because A) its not you or B) its not what you want. grow up. deal with it. i answer the reports and i take care of it. you think im the ONLY mod out there???? take a look im not the only one that makes these changes, go attack prez, mr stoukaph, trulen or mitch2025. they are on just as much as i am! just because im the most active doesnt mean im the one who constantly does EVERY change on wiichat. youre so nieve

I've never complained "NO MODS OMGZZZZZZ!"... I feel there may be a lack of active moderators - but I've never made a huge fuss about it like you are insinuating?

Secondly I've never expressed a desire to become a mod. In fact I can say with certainty that I don't want to become a mod. I don't have the time - and I don't really want the hassle. I'm sure a lot of people enjoy it, and its a worthwhile thing to do if forums like this are a big thing for you. But I honestly have no intention or desire to be a mod.

None of the other mods have yet to create a thread ranting about our conduct in an immature way. If they do I will post my thoughts about their conduct same as here...

One thing I will say though is that there is nothing moderate about the attitude you have taken towards me here.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
again, youre comparing VIDEOGAMES to life, theres no such comparison. i repeat THERE IS NO SUCH COMPARISON! end of discussion.

uhm not even close dude. just not even. thats the weakest closing statement ive ever heard. just because YOU got beef with me, doesnt mean the rest of the community here does either. infact almost every member may love to hate me as much as the next because i am hard. and because im hard you will hate me. but the more you hate me you will learn! (full metal jacket)

I don't hate you. And I don't "hate" anybody here?

That closing statement was in relation to your closing statement of "its common senes to sometimes [strike]shut your mouth[/strike] be quiet" Which I felt was immature and needlessly offensive. Especially for someone charged with "moderating" a public forum.

You call me nieve - but when you create a thread directed at the entire forum userbase entitled "you people need a reality check" you should expect some unfavourable backlash.
I felt the need to say what I did. If you are offended I'm sorry for that. But I still defend what I've said.

like a true mod would say, YOU'RE A TOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back