Beat The Heat..

Syntax

That Canucks Fan
Dec 27, 2006
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0001
Here in Vancouver, BC we seem to be going through a heat wave with temperatures around 25c and higher... And I'm sure others are facing the same problems. So I thought it would be interesting to see how others beat the heat and how they stay cool during the days and nights...

Few tips..

- Take a plastic bag and put a couple of clothe items you're planning on wearing in the freezer for an hour or so. After that go back and take them out... Hopefully it should help you stay cool..

- This tip requires an ice pack... What you do is put the ice pack in the freezer for the day and before you go to bed take it out and stick it inside your pillow. This way you should be able to keep cool during the night.

- If you plan on going out always pack water with ice in it.

The weather's always crap in England and not that hot at all :cool:

But when we had that "heat wave" I sat next to the freezer door for a while. I hate the heat when I go to concerts too... So I just blow down my t-shirt... Then go dizzy... ¬_¬

Frogger said:
The weather's always crap in England and not that hot at all :cool:

But when we had that "heat wave" I sat next to the freezer door for a while. I hate the heat when I go to concerts too... So I just blow down my t-shirt... Then go dizzy... ¬_¬
Keeping the fridge or freezer just warms the room up.

but anyway, i got a jumper on it's that warm :)

Amazing.

Vancouverites? Aren't used to hot weather..

We're more used to cold weather and rain... lots and lots of rain..

wow..

Lucky I'm not living there..

Syntax said:
wow..

Lucky I'm not living there..

Yeah it's hard to believe when you're country doesn't have such temperatures. But I'm used to it.

Lucky for us, we do have great beaches, so being in the water feels really good. One problem being that we do need to protect ourselves against UV radiation when we're exposed to the sun.

37c today...

Damnit..

Its good to have beaches near by :)

It's 15° C here.

...Ahhh, England... Sometimes makes me want to abuse electricity.

Not really, I like our weather, just not the whole, lots of rain thing. Friday and Saturday are rain for me.

Wish we had weather like that =/

When I went to America few years back I'd sleep with all the sheets off and I'd have the fan on it my room and I'd wear hardly anything.. was soooooo warm XD

My step-mothers from the Philippines and her, my father and my lil bro have gone out there every year since they've been married, and when they took my lil bro out there it was so hot for him he spent most of the time sitting in the fridge =/

That or sitting in a little tub thing outside which was full of cold water, I have a picture somewhere..

*finds*

CIMG0218.jpg

=] awww

w-ww-w-wait your actually having sun!? you lucky Beeps, weve only got wet and cold.

anyway what i do is get 3 ice cubes and put one in each hand and one in my mouth then hold them till they melt

Syntax said:
Amazing.

Vancouverites? Aren't used to hot weather..

We're more used to cold weather and rain... lots and lots of rain..

No kidding! it's 30º C where I am.

Back