Goodbye Anova?

I just got that Anova and found out how useless it is in close quarters. So, for now I'm sticking with the Vargen when I'm in a small map. Since you bastards are a bit higher level - what have you found to be best for close quarters?

I just got that Anova and found out how useless it is in close quarters. So, for now I'm sticking with the Vargen when I'm in a small map. Since you bastards are a bit higher level - what have you found to be best for close quarters?

Well I'm level 38 but I went for 51 kills in archives a few days ago and also had some 40's and 30 kills with the vargen on mostly archives sewer nightclub and docks. Vargen is a slayer when used properly. It's a very underestimated sub machine gun. Hipfire rules all with it. Just put a laser pointer on it and have at it. There are about 7 guys who can vouch for my massive kills.

.....I wonder what they say when I kill them repeatedly in the same spot...I know I think "what a dumb a$$". Then tend to stop on the second kill, but its taken 4-5 before...well one guy kept to one spot for the whole game...I think I killed him 8-10 times.

You will enjoy using Proximity Mines on these players:sick:

AGH! I now see Volcarona beat me to the punch!

Vargen's pretty good although I really don't use it. I'm mostly a Strata man. There's this small gun no one's likely ever seen called the 'Masterson'? Yea, that's pretty good in closer stages, might get you 50 kills or so in a Heroes match...

When I unlocked the anova, I abandoned all other SMGS and ARs. I went with laser, snap shot, and light foot for my primary set. The anova is actually quite good for close range in my experience.

Goldenirony #78

I'm a level 33. I like to use guns I don't have yet so I get much-needed xp.

However, every time I try to pick up an Anova that was dropped, I never get a chance to use it. It's like a rule.

Here's what happens.

1. I pick up an Anova, so excited.
2. I walk for a minute or less, then get killed.
3. I re-spawn with my usual gun (Vargen), then kill 1 - 5 people.

The irony sometimes..

Oh yeah, and the Terralite was a cruel joke.

When I unlocked the anova, I abandoned all other SMGS and ARs. I went with laser, snap shot, and light foot for my primary set. The anova is actually quite good for close range in my experience.

I agree. I was a Terralite fan before I got my Anova, and the Anova blew me away with how nice it was in close quarters. Obviouselly, I like the Strata more, but the Anova is awesome as a backup.

Actually Anova rocks in close quaters. One of my favorite loadouts is Anova w/ laser, HH, and BB. But it's all depends on you too. I know a lot of people who hate the Anova and I love it. My pre Anova loadouts for close range were Stauger w/ laser or Sig9 w/ laser. The Sig9 is actually a really good gun at close range. With the recoil it's like instant head shot every time. I used the Sig9 for several levels before I hit 41. Vargen sucks though, go with Stauger or Sig9.

Actually Anova rocks in close quaters. One of my favorite loadouts is Anova w/ laser, HH, and BB. But it's all depends on you too. I know a lot of people who hate the Anova and I love it. My pre Anova loadouts for close range were Stauger w/ laser or Sig9 w/ laser. The Sig9 is actually a really good gun at close range. With the recoil it's like instant head shot every time. I used the Sig9 for several levels before I hit 41. Vargen sucks though, go with Stauger or Sig9.
I was initially using the Stauger at close range but ended up switching to the Vargen because I was getting annihilated by folks with the Vargen. When I switched to Vargen I got excellent results with the exception of the odd glitch that will drop it to 11 shots out of the blue after just reloading.

When I switched to the Anova I was getting creamed by a guy with a Vargen in close quarters. When I switched to my lone Vargen loadout I was more successful. So, I don't quite know what to think, now.

I guess I will continue to play with my Anova until I level up to the next gun.

By the way - any overall preferences for secondary gun? I'm using the Kallos - which is quite handy - but there are other pistols as you level up. So, I'm curious what you higher level guys like to use.

By the way - any overall preferences for secondary gun? I'm using the Kallos - which is quite handy - but there are other pistols as you level up. So, I'm curious what you higher level guys like to use.

Do you mean Kunara? - Kallos isn't a pistol. Anyway, I have the Kunara or if using multitask, a Sniper rifle or Anova.

I was initially using the Stauger at close range but ended up switching to the Vargen because I was getting annihilated by folks with the Vargen. When I switched to Vargen I got excellent results with the exception of the odd glitch that will drop it to 11 shots out of the blue after just reloading.

When I switched to the Anova I was getting creamed by a guy with a Vargen in close quarters. When I switched to my lone Vargen loadout I was more successful. So, I don't quite know what to think, now.

I guess I will continue to play with my Anova until I level up to the next gun.

That's weird because I've never been annihilated by a Vargen. That drop in ammo only happens when you use hi cap mag. As a level 41, I'm not quite sure why you are using hi cap and not remotes. Try using Anova w/ laser, RTMs, HH, and SS. I use the Kunara as my secondary on all my loadouts except my sniper loadout, I have multitask on it with the anova as my secondary.

Since 45 I have been toying around with all the forgotten weapons trying to ease the pain of the nasty 40's, and Anova is by far my favorite. I also have to say that from switching from the Strata to the Sig 9, Sig 9 is a damn beast! The trusty Terralite has gotten some use, as has the Vargen. I did find the Vargen to be much less effective than I had remembered though. I imagine its because I was using it before I unlocked the Anova or Strata, which both make the Vargen look like a pea-shooter.

I do use the Anova more as a SMG than assault rifle. I find it fires from the hip nicely too. It never did replace my Terralite however. I have the Anova set as a secondary in my sniper loadout and I think I am going to make a close quarters loadout with the Anova as well with RM/RA/SS/L. Great, underused gun!

Ugh, I'm still in Stauger and Terralite land. Just reached 34 and 41 has never seemed further away...I want that Anova bad!

I love the anova personally. I am about to unlock it again on my second profile and am very excited. It is a game changer! I used it my first go around on every map especially the small ones. Like Dok I went laser buy no snap cuz snap is all about adding accuracy and the laser already gives you that so Bio id a good fit. In weapons cap wars it's always cool cuz a lot of players disliked the anova but i never had an issue. It slices through people...you just gotta learn to tame the recoil. But I actually like the recoil cuz it raises up to head shots. However if you have the strata there is no point in the anova IMO. I only play heroes these days and I get my share of anova as bond so there's no need to have a loadout with it.

Back