how many people like the ps3????

no offense but "The PS3 is soooooooo much better can't you people see that? there is no comparison. The Wii doesn't stand a chance against the PS3. "

and

"Dude the ps3 is not better. it may be better in some ways but it is not better......."

sound pretty similar to me.

But i simply answered his questions........... and then look at the line that flows after it. I was trying to say dude come back to reality and stop over exaggerating......... But hey i'm still not calling people blind. From his line he is basically saying are you people blind how could you not see that. So anybody who differs from him can't see which means they are blind. there is a big difference shift and you know it..... And you of all people should know how i feel because i feel as if you can't judge these systems right now until another year......... but shift be honest with your self and you can see that i agreed with him and disagreed because he gave no reason to why the ps3 is better and you of all people know that is a fanboy statement when you don't go into detail with a widely stated opinion like that.

But just to let you know i'm not taking any offense to this

hotpotato78 said:
you should ask why i say he was provoking..

This was his post. i said he was provking because of those lines highlighted in bold. No where in my post can you find something close to this. i'm not agrueing the fact of us sharing opinions. You would know that from my other post. The line highlighted in the red. he stated stuff like can't you people see and how the hell can you compare the two. When you say it like that. People will get a negative feed from it. So i was nearly commenting on the way he did it. you smarty pants. That's why if you don't know something you should ask instead of shooting your gun. I mean that's just bias on his behalf. close to trolling...

i dont see how that differs from what you said "Dude te ps3 is not better. it may be better in some ways but it is not better", according to your meaning of provoking, people will get negative feed from your comment. im not saying im disagreeing with you, he did go overthe top a tad bit, but yours isnt far from his comment.

hotpotato78 said:
I was simply trying to say they are equal(if you didn't notice) and what i said was that if it did cost $600, it would be juiced up just like the ps3. meaning that if you equip a wii with ps3 hardware. the wii would kill because it would have more than the ps3. but this is not reality so there's nothing left to say. Everyone said graphics is missing. So what else is there to say.

I have a problem with something you said. lmao you know whats dumb. you said nintendo fans like cheap games. But yet everyone keep saying the gamecube was a failure lmao. which i find to be very dumb. Nintendo fans don't buy nintendo because of the price but because of its first party titles and you should know that. so don't play dumb. Plus nintendo is all about the gameplay than other stuff.

actually i never said nintendo fans like cheap games , i said they expect cheap products which i meant consoles. i dont mean to be sterotipical but from what i have seen majority of gamecube owners are KIDS, who depend on their parents to buy it for them. hense nintendo made a affordable console with an innovative feature (wiimote) that will attract to everyone.

Shiftfallout said:
no offense but "The PS3 is soooooooo much better can't you people see that? there is no comparison. The Wii doesn't stand a chance against the PS3. "

and

"Dude the ps3 is not better. it may be better in some ways but it is not better......."

sound pretty similar to me.
Sorry, Shift, but they're not even close to being similar. The first one is provacative because of the language used, for example, the "can't you people see that?" indicates that he feels he has a correct perspective, whilst everyone else has an incorrect perspective. The second quote was more neutral. For a start address a single person (rather than generalising about "people"), as well as creating a middle ground - that it may be better in some ways.

123eman said:
i dont see how that differs from what you said "Dude te ps3 is not better. it may be better in some ways but it is not better", according to your meaning of provoking, people will get negative feed from your comment. im not saying im disagreeing with you, he did go overthe top a tad bit, but yours isnt far from his comment.
Not far? At least hotpotato didn't infer that "everyone" else is wrong. He only challenged a quote that was already presented in a manner which deemed themself correct and people who like the Wii incorrect.

actually i never said nintendo fans like cheap games , i said they expect cheap products which i meant consoles. i dont mean to be sterotipical but from what i have seen majority of gamecube owners are KIDS, who depend on their parents to buy it for them. hense nintendo made a affordable console with an innovative feature (wiimote) that will attract to everyone.
I would love to see some evidence to back this up. From what I have seen, more children bought a PS2 then Gamecube. I know quite a few people that are certainly not kids, buying Gamecubes. Heck, why is Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube so popular if it's meant to be owned mostly by kids? Once more, why did it sell so well?

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
Sorry, Shift, but they're not even close to being similar. The first one is provacative because of the language used, for example, the "can't you people see that?" indicates that he feels he has a correct perspective, whilst everyone else has an incorrect perspective. The second quote was more neutral. For a start address a single person (rather than generalising about "people"), as well as creating a middle ground - that it may be better in some ways.

... they are very similar. Sure one uses more "colorful" words but they are the exact same thing. Its funny to respond by saying its provoking and then saying the same thing afterwards.

The point is, both make claims and leave no room for debate. Thats the same thing. example A) "there is no comparision, cant you people see that? the ps3 wins hands down" B) "no the ps3 is not better, it will never be better"
Both reach the same result, the only difference is the choice of words. In this they are similar and both sides would find it provoking.

This is not based on perspective, but logic.

Hold on now shift. i never said it will never be better. When you are quoting , please quote right. But i am shock to see that squall7 is the only one who can see why i said he was provoking

hotpotato78 said:
Hold on now shift. i never said it will never be better. When you are quoting , please quote right. But i am shock to see that squall7 is the only one who can see why i said he was provoking

please make sure you pay attention to the wordage i use. I said "Example". I did not say i was quoting you word for word. Please get it right.

I could also see him as provoking, but your repsonse was on the same level as his.

"Dude the ps3 is not better. it may be better in some ways but it is not better......." <-- you are claiming a fact, saying that in no way in hell is it better. First you say its not better, then you say it might be better in some ways, but then you do a 180 again and say it not better.

Am i the only one who sees the irony in this?

Shiftfallout said:
... they are very similar. Sure one uses more "colorful" words but they are the exact same thing. Its funny to respond by saying its provoking and then saying the same thing afterwards.
Colourful has nothing to do with it. Besides, I didn't say the other provoking. Read my post again if you don't believe me. Now responding by saying "The Wii is soooooooo much better can't you people see that? there is no comparison. The PS3 doesn't stand a chance against the Wii. " is being just as bad.

The point is, both make claims and leave no room for debate.
Was it really meant to be a debate, or statements? And that isn't the point at all. The point is, is that a person who said something that is negatively provocative to a lot of people on here was commented on, and you deemed that comment just as bad as the 1st comment.

Thats the same thing. example A) "there is no comparision, cant you people see that? the ps3 wins hands down" B) "no the ps3 is not better, it will never be better"
Both reach the same result, the only difference is the choice of words.
Those are not the same thing. If I said "anyone who likes the PS3 wants their heads looking at" and you replied "The PS3 isn't that bad, it's just as good as the Wii", would you be as bad as me?

In this they are similar and both sides would find it provoking.
Because he provided a counterpoint? Not even a diametrically opposed counterpoint! It may have caused you to think, but all language does that. Hotpotatos comment wasn't designed to insult however.

This is not based on perspective, but logic.
All language is based on perspective, whether it be the narrator, a third person or the reader.

Logically, the first comment is a statement in a negatively provative manner, followed by a null point, followed by an unprovable opinion.

The second comment would a counter statement, followed by a fact.

"Dude the ps3 is not better. it may be better in some ways but it is not better......." <-- you are claiming a fact, saying that in no way in hell is it better. First you say its not better, then you say it might be better in some ways, but then you do a 180 again and say it not better.

He isn't doing a 180. He's not being as concise as he could be, but he isn't doing a 180. What he's basically saying is that "It's not overall better, even though certain aspects ARE better than the Wii's". Oh, and putting words into his mouth "no way in hell" is adding subtext which isn't there. He's not aggressive when he says it isn't better, he's neutral in stating a fact.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
please make sure you pay attention to the wordage i use. I said "Example". I did not say i was quoting you word for word. Please get it right.

I could also see him as provoking, but your repsonse was on the same level as his.

Shift i have heard you debate with me on somethings before But this by far is the worst.

are you serious shift about the 180 statement? Dude you are truly sounding like a fanboy right about now.... shift of all people said that. WHOA thats amazing. You and me know that all consoles hae their advantages and disadvantages. That's all my statement meant when it said it may be better in some ways but its not better. He was trying to make it seems as if, the ps3 is a zillion times better. and i was simply saying it is not. How could you not see that shift.....Now if i had said it is not better and the wii is sooo much better then you would be right. But we all know all consoles have their flaws.

it surprise me because you are the one always talking about i'm always putting content where there is non lol..... I'm not sayig that hell no its not better. I can't say that because everybody have different taste... but don't but meaning into my post please. The only way you could say i was saying that, was if i was exaggerating like the other dude. but i was simply trying to say there is faults to the ps3 to now. So don't make it seems as if, it is that much betterrrr

Shiftfallout said:
well squal you are entitled to your opinion. And we all how "right" opinions are.
True we are, but opinions and facts are different.

I agree to disagree on the idea of hotpotato78's comments were as bad as TwistedMind26's.

Was it meant to be along the lines of "And we all know how "right" opinions are"? If so then I agree. Sometimes, especially with something as vague as a system being "better" than another, there is no "right" or wrong, there is only how much we value the different aspects of each system which makes us more or less suited to one or the other. However, this doesn't include the certain aspects which are better or worse (say backwards compatibility in Europe for example, or web browsers), in which functionality does deem one more efficient or funtional than the other.

Last edited:
hotpotato78 said:
Shift i have heard you debate with me on somethings before But this by far is the worst.

are you serious shift about the 180 statement? Dude you are truly sounding like a fanboy right about now.... shift of all people said that. WHOA thats amazing. You and me know that all consoles hae their advantages and disadvantages. That's all my statement meant when it said it may be better in some ways but its not better. He was trying to make it seems as if, the ps3 is a zillion times better. and i was simply saying it is not. How could you not see that shift.....Now if i had said it is not better and the wii is sooo much better then you would be right. But we all know all consoles have their flaws.

it surprise me because you are the one always talking about i'm always putting content where there is non lol..... I'm not sayig that hell no its not better. I can't say that because everybody have different taste... but don't but meaning into my post please. The only way you could say i was saying that, was if i was exaggerating like the other dude. but i was simply trying to say there is faults to the ps3 to now. So don't make it seems as if, it is that much betterrrr

haha ok.

So you are saying you dont see anything wrong or ironic with this statement:

""Dude the ps3 is not better. it may be better in some ways but it is not better.......""

I am pointing out a simple truth to your statement, you say the ps3 is not better, then you say it may be better, then you go back and say its not better.

Nothing more. Take it as you will. I think that you responded very similarly to the guy you were jumping on. I dont agree with his approach either.

Shift for the last time lol. all i am saying is there are reason it is better because there are afew catergories when it comes to games and consoles. But all i was simply trying to say is. They have their disadvantages and advantages. but from that statement i made you know there is depth to it. and i just didn't feel like going through all of that. Shift i still can't see why you don't see that. but part of the statement was talking about overall and the next part was tallking about in catergories.

Back