Ps3`s of plenty at my store

Wii_BrEnDo2007

Gran Turismo
Jan 3, 2007
Ecosse
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
O.k in my local GAME store has people at the door saying do u wannna buy a ps3 we got loads of them.Truth is nobody around my greenock/glasgow area is intrested and in fact a lot of the people said "no....but have u got any wiis?
and the answer was no.

wii-1
ps3-0

actually i dont think the price has TOO much to do with it anymore, people have kind of settled down about it. Just like the xbox360, when people FIRST heard that the 360 was going to cost 400 they were like "WHAT? you crazy!" but now it's old news and seems the norm. I think most people haven't picked up a PS3 and don't want to yet, is the same reason as they dont get a PSP. Lack of good software. I know that's why i dont want to get one....YET.

I have made a personal rule with myself that I will not purchase one until I find 5 good reasons to do so. Not 5 good reasons that others think I should get one (so make all the suggestions you want people, they'll be moot) but 5 things that really make ME say "yes, i want a ps3 now". So far I have found only two and they're not out yet.

Little Big Planet and Ratchet and Clank.

But yea going along with the topic, there are TONS of ps3's around here. Almost every store i go to has them RIGHT IN FRONT of the entrance as soon as you walk in so it's the first thing you see in hopes that people will see one and want it.

PS3 is the only system that is in stock around chicago

I haven't gone to EBGames recently so I don't know how many PS3s are in stock, if any. It sucks at getting Wiis though. They get 2-3 Wiis a DAMN WEEK. WTFH?!

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
O.k in my local GAME store has people at the door saying do u wannna buy a ps3 we got loads of them.Truth is nobody around my greenock/glasgow area is intrested and in fact a lot of the people said "no....but have u got any wiis?
and the answer was no.

wii-1
ps3-0
we get the idea their not selling, everyone already knows

Our we don't care level: 99
Your life: 0

i bealive that the ps3 is a good system but me and lot of people prefer to have a wii and a 360 than a ps3 just because the price =S 2 for the price of 1 =S but that`s my opinion (if i can i would get a ps3 but i dont and i wont have the money anyway so ps3 you are out of my reach ;O; )

I can walk into any store by me and trip over wii's. Whats your point? Sure the wii is selling better, but parents will spoil their little kids who want a wii. Its not hard to cough up $250 for a kids toy, but its a little tougher to cough up $500-$600 for a ps3. The ps3 is a better system and is worth the money. Once you kids grow up you will grow tired of the same kiddy games over and over again.

Lol keep lying to yourself and saying that the Wii is a system for "kids" over and over again in your brain. It still doesn't change the fact that people of ALL ages have them in their house and enjoy the wide variety of games that can be played on it. I'm 21 and I plus many other people on campus have a Wii. People are buying the Wii because its a great system that has a great and reasonable price attached to it. The PS3 is garbage and the only reason I'd even consider getting one is for Final Fantasy. And that is not enough to make any reasonable person buy a $600 cheap end computer machine.

Last edited:
Wii&Ps3 said:
I can walk into any store by me and trip over wii's. Whats your point? Sure the wii is selling better, but parents will spoil their little kids who want a wii. Its not hard to cough up $250 for a kids toy, but its a little tougher to cough up $500-$600 for a ps3. The ps3 is a better system and is worth the money. Once you kids grow up you will grow tired of the same kiddy games over and over again.

man stop talking out your butt honestly you talk the biggest load of crap ever.The wii is not a kiddy console prove it.Whats that you say the controls are gimmicky well the ps3 motion sensors suck. whats that? the games are all kiddy well suck this; zelda(its a 7+ but its a very hard game)red steel,call of duty,sadness and plenty of others.

so piss off biatch and stop moaning and giving the ps3 it up the usb port

Wii&Ps3 said:
I can walk into any store by me and trip over wii's

Doubtful

Wii&Ps3 said:
Its not hard to cough up $250 for a kids toy, but its a little tougher to cough up $500-$600 for a ps3

True, Obviously it's easier which is one reason for it Selling. It's Affordable.

Wii&Ps3 said:
The ps3 is a better system and is worth the money

It's not better. And no matter what you say your on a Wii Forum so theres no point in trying. BUT it is worth the money since a BlueRay player is about £400 on it's own =/

Wii&Ps3 said:
Once you kids grow up you will grow tired of the same kiddy games over and over again.
Godfather - 18
Scarface - 18
Redsteel - 16
It has Games for ALL Ages. Thus making it appeal to you AND your younger Brothers and Sisters too... So **** YOU!

Anyways back to the Thread... If GAME has bought say 50 PS3's they'll want to sell them simple as. But I get what your selling

Wii&PS3 are you insane? The unit sales say it all. The Wii is selling like crazy and the PS3 is at a standstill. You must be one of those people who doesn't understand basic math. 1+1=2 not 3, 4 or anything else.

sagema said:
Wii&PS3 are you insane? The unit sales say it all. The Wii is selling like crazy and the PS3 is at a standstill. You must be one of those people who doesn't understand basic math. 1+1=2 not 3, 4 or anything else.

again we have to keep in mind the higher selling system does not equal the better system.

This is not bashing the wii, rather a simple truth. Laws of supply and demand state Cheaper prices with low quantity = more demand.
It is a fact the PS3 has better hardware and power. It also is a fact that the PS3 is more expensive than the Wii. It is a fact that their target audiences are completely different.

It is an opinion, who has better games. Thats subjective, and depends on the individuals preferences, just like the controller. Most like the wii controller, but then again some prefer more buttons and a two handed controller. This is all subjective.

So the facts are, the wii has a better price, the PS3 has better hardware and power. The PS3 has better secondary functions and a more adaptable interface. None have better games because thats subjective, None have better controller because that also depends on user preference (though many agree the wiis controller is fun).

So therefore, more units sold does not = better system. Some might get more enjoyment out of another system than the other, but that has nothing to do with its sales. got it?

Back