Abundance of PS3's

Jeremy_und2004

I have my Wii!!!!!!
Nov 19, 2006
Minnesota
Well, I was doing Christmas shopping last night, and it seems like there are an abundance of PS3's out right now. There was 3 at Target, 1 at Best Buy, and 1 at Wal-Mart last night. Just sitting there...
I had bought a PS3 last week, and put it on Ebay and it didn't sell. There is over 10,000 PS3's on Ebay right now, and its not worth trying to resell it on there. I'm glad I have my Wii, and I might be keeping the PS3 also since I bought it. I'm gonna see if anyone locally wants it, if not I got myself a xmas present.

i was in the same boat last week ... ended up keeping the ps3 with no idea of what i had just set up lol ... keep it if you already have it, it's awesome.

Yeah.

When I waited for my Wii, all nine spots were filled up by 3:30 AM (I was number 9, the last one~)

It was 7:00 AM before the first person showed up for the PS3, and the store opened at 10 AM.

Kinda... Sad..

Yeah its real sad. I have yet to see a ps3 in a store since I bought mine. Maybe your city is soo poor, they cant afford one?

I havent seen any, nor do i want to. But the PS3 has flooded the Ebay marketplace, nows the time to pick em up cheap.

Looks like it to me too! I saw a 60GB just sitting there on the shelf today in WALMART with all the many thousands of shoppers cruising right past. I Spoke to several middle aged (25-40yr old) gamers while I was shopping and pointed out the beast sitting there but NO ONE CARED!

Jeremy_und2004 said:
Well, I was doing Christmas shopping last night, and it seems like there are an abundance of PS3's out right now. There was 3 at Target, 1 at Best Buy, and 1 at Wal-Mart last night. Just sitting there...
I had bought a PS3 last week, and put it on Ebay and it didn't sell. There is over 10,000 PS3's on Ebay right now, and its not worth trying to resell it on there. I'm glad I have my Wii, and I might be keeping the PS3 also since I bought it. I'm gonna see if anyone locally wants it, if not I got myself a xmas present.

Yep... I had to take my PS3 back to walmart because no one wanted it.

Piece of crap...

billm0066 said:
Yeah its real sad. I have yet to see a ps3 in a store since I bought mine. Maybe your city is soo poor, they cant afford one?

That's the dumbest comment I've seen today.

buckyfellini said:
apart from this one?

:rolleyes:

Nope, the PS3 is an overpriced hunk of junk. That's why you see so many of them collecting dust on stores' shelves.

I saw more PS3's than I did 360's today, and there's no mad rush on 360's.

That is weird. I found a PS3 at a local GameStop easier than Wii. I located a PS3 easier than Wii, even though Wii was supposedly more made than PS3.

My friends mom went to wal-mart and got a ps3 in store for my friends little brother.

So I know it can't be that hard to find one around here.

And I agree with Blender. For $600 you can buy a premium xbox360 and a external HD-DVD player. So not only will you get in most cases better graphics, better games, better online enviroment, but you will also get your next gen movie player.

Last edited:
vagrant said:
My friends mom went to wal-mart and got a ps3 in store for my friends little brother.

So I know it can't be that hard to find one around here.

And I agree with Blender. For $600 you can buy a premium xbox360 and a external HD-DVD player. So not only will you get in most cases better graphics, better games, better online enviroment, but you will also get your next gen movie player.

YOur comparing a 1 year old system to sonys launch games. Have you seen what the cell can do? It will dominate the 360's graphics. As for the wii, the gamecubes graphics are on par with that. Hell the ps1 is pretty damn close. Plus you have to pay for ms online.

BlenderWizard said:
That's the dumbest comment I've seen today.

:D Great comeback blenderwizard. Im looking for the insert saracasm button. Cant seem to find it. Anyways it sounds to me like your afraid that sonys system will prevail. All you can do is sit there and try to rip it apart hoping to change the minds of people. Ive had more problems with my wii today, then I have ever had with my ps3, and probably in its lifetime. Im sure glad nintendo spent all their time concentrating their efforts on a gaming console. It sure is working out well for them.

billm0066 said:
:D Great comeback blenderwizard. Im looking for the insert saracasm button. Cant seem to find it. Anyways it sounds to me like your afraid that sonys system will prevail. All you can do is sit there and try to rip it apart hoping to change the minds of people. Ive had more problems with my wii today, then I have ever had with my ps3, and probably in its lifetime. Im sure glad nintendo spent all their time concentrating their efforts on a gaming console. It sure is working out well for them.

Nope, not at all worried about Sony prevailing; sales numbers don't lie, and Wii and 360 have both already WAY outsold the PS3.

No need to worry if Wii or 360 will be around, but i hope Sony gets a taste of what they did to the Dreamcast with their mega behemoth.

Back