Ps3`s of plenty at my store

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
I don't understand why they wouldn't want to hold on to exclusives, that's a factor when looking for a console, why get a PS3 when the 360 has the same games and is cheaper? The extras aren't going to sell the console, neither is home. It's all about the games.

Heres the thing. Exclusives are like a double edged sword. They are good and bad at the same time. To have an exclusive from a third party developer requires you to have to pay them money for it. Now the bigger the franchise and/or the bigger the budget, the more money they will want. Now, Sony might be thinking, hmm why continue to pay off X amount of money to these third party developers when we can create an alternative means to appeal to audiences.

The more next gen the games are, the higher the budget. Multiplatforming is also a double edged sword, it increases revinue for the developer but also limits their game to the platforms they release it upon.

Now you might wonder, why is Sony not paying for the exclusives. They are not willing to pay the money for it. But also, it seems so is microsoft and nintendo. They also can buy up the exclusives for DMC4, but they wont either. So its not just sony, its M$ and Ninty also that feel this way.

So going back to Sony, they obviously have a plan. Their plan IS definately risky, but it seems they are trying a new approach. It is beyond both YOU and I to assume whether or not it will really succeed. Time will tell.

This plan includes ways to make a multiplatform game exclusive in the sense that you get added content for one system. Much like you Soul Caliber for the multiple platforms... remember the Nintendo version had Link as an extra character, Sony was spawn (maybe cant remember)..ect So what seems to be Sonys plan works in conjunction with HOME as well as BLUE RAY.

HOME will offer content based off the games you purchase and rewards for the achievements you accomplish (its more in depth than this), while Blue ray will appeal to developers who wish to develope more fleshed out games with higher graphics (textures and effects)/content. These two things it seems Sony is hoping to make up for the exclusives, a plan that wont cost them money but make them money. If it works, good job sony, if not, then that sucks for them.

On another front, they seem to be developing more worthy inhouse titles.. god of war, and their rpg franchise wild arms. I have a feeling they will be putting more effort into those 3 fields than losing money with exclusives. Its risky, but it might or might not work.

Thats not for us to assume, just have to wait and see. Of course hypothesis are always welcome.

So now that you can see kind of what they are doing, its not all that funny unless you really want to hate the system.

Last edited:
it doesnt bother me too much but i cant see why wii cant have the same graphix as the ps3 and xbox ......i mean what have they got that wii hasnt ( that makes the graphix better ) ?

will we see a better graphix wii for the future?

Yellow_Wii said:
it doesnt bother me too much but i cant see why wii cant have the same graphix as the ps3 and xbox ......i mean what have they got that wii hasnt ( that makes the graphix better ) ?

will we see a better graphix wii for the future?

Why do you think there is such a huge price difference between the Wii and the ps3/360?

Simple answer is, hardware. Ninty actually makes a profit off of their consoles, microsoft and sony lose a lot of money per console.

The Wii and the PS3 both have ATI Graphics cards, but one is far more powerful than the other. Nintendos plan was to include the bare minimum for upgraded graphics while using innovative gameplay with the wiimote to make up for it. This limits the graphical capabilities of Wii games but not how they are played. To nintendo, gameplay is more important than graphics. Graphics without good gameplay is no good. But good graphics with good gameplay is heavenly. Ninty can achieve the gameplay without good graphics, but its up to the 360/PS3 to come up with good graphics and good gameplay.

true ! but i cant see why everyone says that the ps3 has crap gameplay!.....what wrong with it ?

it has motion controlling too and its fun and the graphics are good ....

i just think that the wii might be like the ps2. To start with the graphics of the ps2 were good compared to the ps1 but...in time, they slowly got better

Shiftfallout said:
Why do you think there is such a huge price difference between the Wii and the ps3/360?

Simple answer is, hardware. Ninty actually makes a profit off of their consoles, microsoft and sony lose a lot of money per console.

The Wii and the PS3 both have ATI Graphics cards, but one is far more powerful than the other. Nintendos plan was to include the bare minimum for upgraded graphics while using innovative gameplay with the wiimote to make up for it. This limits the graphical capabilities of Wii games but not how they are played. To nintendo, gameplay is more important than graphics. Graphics without good gameplay is no good. But good graphics with good gameplay is heavenly. Ninty can achieve the gameplay without good graphics, but its up to the 360/PS3 to come up with good graphics and good gameplay.

Along the same line...
It seems Nintendo's primary goal is to make the Wii accessible. Accessible meaning anyone would be able to play a Wii game and find it fun as well. To make this happen you have to get the Wii in people's hands of course. The price of $250 is what the average consumer will pay for a console. When it hits $400+ many people will balk and having the neat wiimote and nunchuck is pointless. The combination of a 'low' price and an easy/fun controller makes the Wii the most accessible console ever IMO :). Will the 360/PS3 overcome this? IMO not likely.

gnahc79 said:
Will the 360/PS3 overcome this? IMO not likely.

I dont think its their primary goal anyways. The wii is trying to be the most accessable system out there, the PS3 a luxury device much like a HDTV, computer and blue ray player. The 360 seems to want to fall in between that. But the real question is, which system will outlast the other. It could be that 3 years down the line the PS3 surpasses the wii in sales, or the 360 beat everyone also.

No i have a feeling, nintendo will be ready to drop a new system on everyone before microsoft and sony do, because if they are going the accessable rout, they will pump out cheaper systems more often than the more expensive systems that is less often.

Yellow_Wii said:
true ! but i cant see why everyone says that the ps3 has crap gameplay!.....what wrong with it ?

For the most part is just people wanting to hate another system or brand and making up excuses why they can. The gameplay in question is subjective, there is no definate answer.

I always say, its gamers that dont have to be loyal to a brand, but the brands that have to be loyal to the gamers.

I dont think its their primary goal anyways. The wii is trying to be the most accessable system out there, the PS3 a luxury device much like a HDTV, computer and blue ray player. The 360 seems to want to fall in between that. But the real question is, which system will outlast the other. It could be that 3 years down the line the PS3 surpasses the wii in sales, or the 360 beat everyone also.

What you described among the consoles, accessibility/luxury/in between, is the result of what the market is doing. I don't think MS and Sony intended to be an in between console and luxury console, respectively. It comes back to the game availability thing... I doubt EA/Capcom/etc would be willing to invest so much $$$ in PS3 dev when they can get so much more money from Wii and even 360. The PS3 looks A LOT like how the TurboGrafix-16 behaved back in the 80s. Better hardware, more expensive, but not many games. The PS3 isn't guaranteed to be doomed since Sony today can try more to get the PS3 back on track than NEC did back in the day. It'll be very difficult for Sony though.

How about this? Sony is taking this huge loss from the PS3 just to 'flood' the market with blu-ray players to win the blu-ray/HD-DVD format war, lol :).

Shiftfallout said:

finally you say something decently intelligent lol.

my friend just got his ps3 today and ive just popped round for a quick go on resistance and blazing angels!

bloody hell its good! i have a feeling that i might of made an error buying a wii.....persuade me otherwise

Yellow_Wii said:
bloody hell its good! i have a feeling that i might of made an error buying a wii.....persuade me otherwise

my friend this is where you fall short. There is no error is buying one system over another. Buy them all if you can, and enjoy a wide selections of games.

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
O.k in my local GAME store has people at the door saying do u wannna buy a ps3 we got loads of them.Truth is nobody around my greenock/glasgow area is intrested and in fact a lot of the people said "no....but have u got any wiis?
and the answer was no.

wii-1
ps3-0
it is because the price is too high glaswigins are money smart my friend is major sony fanboy he is gonna wait till it is £300

ye i know your gooing to say its worth it for £425 because of the blu-ray and sych a big harddrive. But why!? I DONT NEED IT !?

the wii has small inbuilt memory and i am not even close to filling it up

Back