Ps3`s of plenty at my store

Wii&Ps3 said:
I can walk into any store by me and trip over wii's. Whats your point? Sure the wii is selling better, but parents will spoil their little kids who want a wii. Its not hard to cough up $250 for a kids toy, but its a little tougher to cough up $500-$600 for a ps3. The ps3 is a better system and is worth the money. Once you kids grow up you will grow tired of the same kiddy games over and over again.

Lol its funny how you refer to most people here as Kids when im pretty sure 90% of this forum are above 'kid' status. Stop being a fanboy, bub. Its not a kids system, but its hard to change the mind of whom has none.

Its cool how the Wii has one of the most gruesomest games coming out (MH2), Did you know its going to be rated 3+? And if you've been doing any reading (doubtful for someone like you) there are a bunch more 16+ and 18+ games coming out.

Its for EVERYONE, but i dont think you've looked that word up yet.

Shiftfallout said:
again we have to keep in mind the higher selling system does not equal the better system.

This is not bashing the wii, rather a simple truth. Laws of supply and demand state Cheaper prices with low quantity = more demand.
It is a fact the PS3 has better hardware and power. It also is a fact that the PS3 is more expensive than the Wii. It is a fact that their target audiences are completely different.

It is an opinion, who has better games. Thats subjective, and depends on the individuals preferences, just like the controller. Most like the wii controller, but then again some prefer more buttons and a two handed controller. This is all subjective.

So the facts are, the wii has a better price, the PS3 has better hardware and power. The PS3 has better secondary functions and a more adaptable interface. None have better games because thats subjective, None have better controller because that also depends on user preference (though many agree the wiis controller is fun).

So therefore, more units sold does not = better system. Some might get more enjoyment out of another system than the other, but that has nothing to do with its sales. got it?

A Much more agreeable, Neutral and better Shiftallout then i met at first.(although i think the Wii will have some good secondary functions (Channels) in future, but good post) :p More Sony leaners should be like him. And less like Wii&Ps3. :D

Last edited:
Wii&Ps3 said:
I can walk into any store by me and trip over wii's. Whats your point? Sure the wii is selling better, but parents will spoil their little kids who want a wii. Its not hard to cough up $250 for a kids toy, but its a little tougher to cough up $500-$600 for a ps3. The ps3 is a better system and is worth the money. Once you kids grow up you will grow tired of the same kiddy games over and over again.

Oh really? Kiddy games? So that's why a lot of the PS3 games are on the other 2 consoles as well. Okay. So in theory, if the Wii=kiddy, then so too must the PS3.

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
O.k in my local GAME store has people at the door saying do u wannna buy a ps3 we got loads of them.Truth is nobody around my greenock/glasgow area is intrested and in fact a lot of the people said "no....but have u got any wiis?
and the answer was no.

wii-1
ps3-0

you're a tard. You're comparing apples to oranges..or rather Apple's to PRIME filet Mignon. Apples work well for kids and people who just want something simple, sweet, and satisfying, but again limited to an extent. and not everyone can afford a prime filet mignon, but when they do have em..most people would take the steak over an apple any day..okay bad analogy. Anyway both consoles have different hardware specs, target markets, and most importantly prices. If you were to sell BOTH ps3 and wii at the exact same price of lets say $350 (somewhere in the middle of the PS3 price and wii)..i guarantee you..A LOT more PS3s sold than Wii..no one would justify spenidng $350 on a wii, and a ps3 given all it's specs, current games being released now, and blu ray player...SOLD OUT instantly..don't be a dumb ass. btw. I own BOTH a PS3 and Wii and enjoy both equally, so you can't classify me as a Sony fan boy or some BS like that.

~G

Shiftfallout said:
again we have to keep in mind the higher selling system does not equal the better system.

This is not bashing the wii, rather a simple truth. Laws of supply and demand state Cheaper prices with low quantity = more demand.
It is a fact the PS3 has better hardware and power. It also is a fact that the PS3 is more expensive than the Wii. It is a fact that their target audiences are completely different.

It is an opinion, who has better games. Thats subjective, and depends on the individuals preferences, just like the controller. Most like the wii controller, but then again some prefer more buttons and a two handed controller. This is all subjective.

So the facts are, the wii has a better price, the PS3 has better hardware and power. The PS3 has better secondary functions and a more adaptable interface. None have better games because thats subjective, None have better controller because that also depends on user preference (though many agree the wiis controller is fun).

So therefore, more units sold does not = better system. Some might get more enjoyment out of another system than the other, but that has nothing to do with its sales. got it?

Finally..someone on forums who gets it.
~G

gspin2k1 said:
Finally..someone on forums who gets it.
~G

shut up and dont call me a tard i put the wii-1 ps3-0 thing in as a joke and people like you take it to far.I understand price is an important things thats what im getting at its too dam dear id have a ps3 over a 360 anyday but i still think the wii is the best cause its diffrent so stuff u u retard

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
shut up and dont call me a tard i put the wii-1 ps3-0 thing in as a joke and people like you take it to far.I understand price is an important things thats what im getting at its too dam dear id have a ps3 over a 360 anyday but i still think the wii is the best cause its diffrent so stuff u u retard

It seems like someone is taking things personally. Tard.
~G
p.s. Your grammar is horrible.

No you suck! er....anyways, here's my rationale on why the Wii will most likely succeed over the PS3:

- The Wii has an insane initial install base over the PS3
- It's hard to overcome this install base, especially with the higher cost of the PS3. It is impossible for any company to sell a PS3-like console for the price of the Wii and break even let alone make a profit, so it's pointless to use as a comparison. Nintendo intentionally decided to sacrifice shiny hardware and focused on entertainment instead. It was a big risk and right now it seems like it's a good bet.
- For game companies it's all about numbers. If there's lots more Wii units in households than PS3s, guess where the focus of the development will be? IMO this is the BIGGEST factor that will determine the success or demise of any console: if there's any dern games available...and good ones. Game companies could care less that the PS3 or Wii is 'better'. They just care about money and rightly so.

For now it looks like the Wii is beating the PS3 senseless. You never know, though, Sony is a big company and who knows what they'll do to try to salvage their shiny new console. :)

Shiftfallout said:

So what "IS" the better system? the one that costs more, the one you can't play any decent games on, the one that is selling the least?

So who is Sony's target audience for the PS3? I can see it now some Sony exec was thinking;..
"You know we dominate the console gaming market with our PS2, which makes us loads of money. I think we should try something different for the PS3. Lets make a big financial loss on every console we produce, and we will market the console to the smallest demographic. Ensuring that only a minority of people ever have a PS3."

MasterJedi2U said:
Lol keep lying to yourself and saying that the Wii is a system for "kids" over and over again in your brain. It still doesn't change the fact that people of ALL ages have them in their house and enjoy the wide variety of games that can be played on it. I'm 21 and I plus many other people on campus have a Wii. People are buying the Wii because its a great system that has a great and reasonable price attached to it. The PS3 is garbage and the only reason I'd even consider getting one is for Final Fantasy. And that is not enough to make any reasonable person buy a $600 cheap end computer machine.

Its like saying osh kosh Begosh doesnt make kids clothes. Look at the games. Look at the entire system. It even tells you you should take a break from playing games. It sounds like the wii is taking over as your parents :frown2: The wii is marketed for kids. Sure other people own them, but look at the video i posted of the grandma playing the ps3. It doesnt mean only kids own the wii, it means its marketed towards them. If yo uare 21 and play the wii on a regular basis, its means you arent getting layed. If a girl came into your dorm she would walk out and find a real man. The wii is a kids system. Get over it.

man stop talking out your butt honestly you talk the biggest load of crap ever.The wii is not a kiddy console prove it.Whats that you say the controls are gimmicky well the ps3 motion sensors suck. whats that? the games are all kiddy well suck this; zelda(its a 7+ but its a very hard game)red steel,call of duty,sadness and plenty of others.

so piss off biatch and stop moaning and giving the ps3 it up the usb port

At least the ps3 remote doesnt lag and twitch everywhere. Its actually comfortable to hold too. The sixaxis is 10x better than the wii remote. Enjoy your kiddy games on your white gamecube.

I posted pictures in other threads of wiis sitting at my walmart. They are everywhere around here. Get over it.

True, Obviously it's easier which is one reason for it Selling. It's Affordable.

exaclty, a kids toy.

It's not better. And no matter what you say your on a Wii Forum so theres no point in trying. BUT it is worth the money since a BlueRay player is about £400 on it's own =/

imo it is. If i wanted a last gen system I would have only bought the wii. I was dissapointed with it, so thats why I got a ps3.

Godfather - 18
Scarface - 18
Redsteel - 16
It has Games for ALL Ages. Thus making it appeal to you AND your younger Brothers and Sisters too... So **** YOU!

Redsteel is the worst game i ever played. The wii is doing the same thing as the gamecube. Release 80% kids games and leave a few adult games. I hope nintendo goes a different route with this, because its making the wii look even worse than it already does.

Oh really? Kiddy games? So that's why a lot of the PS3 games are on the other 2 consoles as well. Okay. So in theory, if the Wii=kiddy, then so too must the PS3.

Compare the wii games vs ps3 games. After you open your eyes you will have no arguement. Alot of companies port games to other systems. The fact of the matter is that the will has alot of kids games. When I say alot, I mean the majority.

Lol its funny how you refer to most people here as Kids when im pretty sure 90% of this forum are above 'kid' status. Stop being a fanboy, bub. Its not a kids system, but its hard to change the mind of whom has none.

Its cool how the Wii has one of the most gruesomest games coming out (MH2), Did you know its going to be rated 3+? And if you've been doing any reading (doubtful for someone like you) there are a bunch more 16+ and 18+ games coming out.

Its for EVERYONE, but i dont think you've looked that word up yet.

I cant believe you still try and argue. I refer to everyone as kids, because you must have a kid mentality to enjoy the wii more than once a week. manhunt sucked. I played it for about 5 minutes and took it back to blockbuster. The wii will get a few adult games, but big deal? You will still have to sift through the mountains of cartoon characters, mario games, and everything else that appeals to a kid audience.

So what "IS" the better system? the one that costs more, the one you can't play any decent games on, the one that is selling the least?

So who is Sony's target audience for the PS3? I can see it now some Sony exec was thinking;..
"You know we dominate the console gaming market with our PS2, which makes us loads of money. I think we should try something different for the PS3. Lets make a big financial loss on every console we produce, and we will market the console to the smallest demographic. Ensuring that only a minority of people ever have a PS3."

Another 9-5 worker who doesnt understand business. Heres my idea of it. Lets release a system thats superior to the other ones. We will try out some new technology like the cell. The cell can do alot more than traditional systems including the 360. Lets also include a format we designed. This way we will have millions of blu ray players in homes which will easily crush the hd dvd format because microsoft didnt include it in the 360. Sony saw microsoft flaw and took advantage of it. Sony might be losing money on the ps3 right now, but its helping out hd tv sales and blu ray movie sales. Did you know that sony has removed a part in futures ps3's to keep costs down? They also redesigned the processor to be smaller, run cooler, and be less expensive to produce? I bet you didnt know that though. Next time you throw out some useless crap on your perspective of sony, make sure its accurate :tard:

Back