How Will The World End?

LevesqueIsKing said:
^You really think that a natural disaster will kill every single human being on the entire planet? Highly unlikely.

As I posted earlier, I think the most likely cause would be a horrific natural disaster that kills millions (if not billions) but doesn't even come close to killing everyone, which causes total chaos between countries which eventually leads to a nuclear destruction of the human race.

Bare in mind when I say natural I mean like solar activity and the like aswell.

Anything from Meteorites to Sun Imploding.

^The sun won't die for an extremely long time, and its much more likely that something will happen before then.

A meteorite is a perfect example. I doubt we would get hit by a meteorite that would be large enough to kill every single human being, but getting hit by a meteorite of any size is much more likely.

LevesqueIsKing said:
^The sun won't die for an extremely long time, and its much more likely that something will happen before then.

A meteorite is a perfect example. I doubt we would get hit by a meteorite that would be large enough to kill every single human being, but getting hit by a meteorite of any size is much more likely.

Yes the sun wont die for an extremely long time but the question was how will the world end, not how will it in end within this century or etc.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Yes the sun wont die for an extremely long time but the question was how will the world end, not how will it in end within this century or etc.
Oh, sorry. I was thinking that "How Will The World End" was the equivalent of "How Will Mankind End" which is not the case.

Having said that, the death of the Sun is the most logical answer, because even if the Earth were to be struck by a Meteorite it would still be "The Earth" regardless of whether it would be the earth as we know it or not.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Oh, sorry. I was thinking that "How Will The World End" was the equivalent of "How Will Mankind End" which is not the case.

Having said that, the death of the Sun is the most logical answer, because even if the Earth were to be struck by a Meteorite it would still be "The Earth" regardless of whether it would be the earth as we know it or not.

A meteorite could wipe out civilisation, yes it would have to be a large catyclismic one but the earth could survive and the human race might get wiped out give or take a few survivors maybe.

Brawny said:
The universe is classically 4 dimensions......and it is infinite....

There's 10 or even 11 dimensions, if you believe string theory. :crazy:

@Napalm, doesn't the Hiesenberg uncertainty principle say that light and other particles/waves can travel in bursts of speeds faster than 3.0 E 8?

Nope. The Uncertainty Principle states that it is impossible to precisely know the position and momentum of a particle simultaneously.

Marioman said:
Dude astronomy is so cool....think about this...how far can you go in space...and when you get to the end then where are you? The only logical explination I can think of is that it's a big circle and you just end up where you started

No one knows yet, but some think it's like that. Another possibility is that it simply goes on forever with no edge.

Last edited:
I heard somewhere that scientists found the edge of space or.. so they think.. it's all blank after a certain point but, they believe that may be a large planet pulled the stars away from this area because it's large gravitional pull so it's very possible that this isn't the edge.

Yeah, I suck at talking about space so sorry if this makes no sense.

Eh, I'm running on old theories I suppose. Shrodinger's cat, etc. Just got done reading "Black Holes and Baby Universes" and I plan on picking up A Brief History of Time....

Pretty sure in the former, things can escape black holes.....but those are all 70's/80's theory.

Also, about the string theory...that's why I said "classically"....lol

No one knows yet, but some think it's like that. Another possibility is that it simply goes on forever with no edge.
I'd love to think that...but I just don't see how it could be possible...it just doesn't make any sense

The world will probably end with extraterrestrial invasions, natural disasters, other planets collapsing into ours, the sun imploding, and the ozone layer being destroyed all at the same time.

Brawny said:
Lol, how old are you?

Infinity comes up a LOT in the higher maths and physics...
I'm 15...and second of all this is reality not math...has nothing to do with what I was tlaking about...there doesn't haven't to be a scientific explination for everything you know

the scientist think it so, and they even relate all in math with reality, have you ever read the book Alice in Wonderland and its sequel; Through the Looking Glass? yeah the author (a crazy mathmatician) makes very smart and almost subliminal math references with the quotes the characters say, and a lot of references to chess too.

Back