Is jesus God or God's creation

You shouldn't bother yourself with any variation of God, it doesn't exist.

Okay, thanks for your input. Now please explain to me what caused you to be an atheist.
You imply that atheists are simply disillusioned religious people. That isn't always the case.

I was never bought up in religion and I am Atheist, not because I turned away from religion, but because I can see how the world works without it.

Well, that's just my experience. Skar might be different.

Because it was the first edition commissioned in English. If it weren't for Protestants, we wouldn't know what the priest was (excuse the pun) adam and eveing about.

No it wasn't. Not even close.
More info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_bible

And there are known translation errors. Plus it knowingly and purposefully removed God's personal name (Yahweh/Jehovah) that was perfectly clear in the Hebrew texts it was based on and replaced it with GOD or LORD. This muddies the meaning of some things. The only place they left it was Psalm 83:18.[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry, I meant the first commercially available one in English.

Apparently there's even a "sect" for atheists, bizarre as that may seem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_atheism

I don't think I'll join though.

They're like the disillusioned Mormons, Jehovahs Witnesses and Catholics of Christianity. People who have been led away from the Truth of Jesus.

A: Have a reason to do wrong.

Seeing as most religions have set in stone morals and Jesus is the absoloute perfect embodiment of morality, one wonders how you could have arrived at such a conclusion.

Okay, thanks for your input. Now please explain to me what caused you to be an atheist.

Little tiny facts about the Earth, um, no proof on your end, the cosmological argument, too many variations of this "God".

I mean, for me, these different variations of the same God is enough for me to think they were all just created in the minds of humans who wanted to form a congregation for weak minded individuals who need guidance without even knowing truly what's supposedly guiding them.

I dislike anything in relation to religion to be honest.

A: Have a reason to do wrong.
Seeing as most religions have set in stone morals and Jesus is the absoloute perfect embodiment of morality, one wonders how you could have arrived at such a conclusion.

Pfft, you think that stops extremism in the name of "God"? It's used as a scapegoat for such acts, it's an excuse to perform illogical acts in "the name of our Lord".

Last edited by a moderator:

You imply that atheists are simply disillusioned religious people. That isn't always the case.

I was never bought up in religion and I am Atheist, not because I turned away from religion, but because I can see how the world works without it.

That's actually not how I meant it; I made a thread posing the question in a more formal manner on what led one to be an atheist, I didn't comment on "why in the world they could take such a path".

Pfft, you think that stops extremism in the name of "God"? It's used as a scapegoat for such acts, it's an excuse to perform illogical acts in "the name of our Lord".

What is your definition of an illogical act? Singing? Dancing? Worshipping? Reading? That's essentially how we worship in the 'name of our Lord'. I fail to see the illogic.

Damn it, I still can't recall those other examples in which the Bible states that Jesus is not God himself.

Oh and, I didn't mean any insults when I said Catholics can't read. But really, Catholics and a lot of religions really contradict themselves in many ways. It amazes me how much people still keep following them. Ah well, I'm just glad I stopped believing in God and stopped following a religion. I feel different now, even better.

That's actually not how I meant it; I made a thread posing the question in a more formal manner on what led one to be an atheist, I didn't comment on "why in the world they could take such a path".
Ah, I see. Fair enough. Its a thread re-railer!

What I don't like are literalist believers. Oh yes, I'm sure Noah took a big ship and placed every animal, a male and female of each kind at that, on the boat and fit anyone who believed on as well. Everyone else was killed in a huge flood that destroyed the rest of the planet. surely.

My uncle is one of these people, He's such a literalist that anything the bible says he takes as 100% fact. Quoting him, "Everything in the bible is historically true. These facts have contextual meaning behind them." "How do you know that, uncle?" "Because the bible says it."

What I don't like are literalist believers. Oh yes, I'm sure Noah took a big ship and placed every animal, a male and female of each kind at that, on the boat and fit anyone who believed on as well. Everyone else was killed in a huge flood that destroyed the rest of the planet. surely.

My uncle is one of these people, He's such a literalist that anything the bible says he takes as 100% fact. Quoting him, "Everything in the bible is historically true. These facts have contextual meaning behind them." "How do you know that, uncle?" "Because the bible says it."
Ask him about Marsupials. Did Noah really go to Australia, a place I wouldn't have thought known, loaded up the Kangaroos and Koala bears and placed them back after the flood? I mean I may be wrong, but those animals are very specific to Australia (not sure about Tazmania and New Zealand), aren't they?

Religion on a video game forum is a bad idea. But whatever, I'll throw my two cents in... and remember, these are MY OPINIONS.

I'm an Atheist. In my opinion, the world would be a much better place without religion blinding everyone. Now if you believe in god or any other higher power, then thats your choice.

But you can't tell me that believing in talking snakes and talking burning bushes is a sane thing to do?

I read the perfect example of what religion is in this thread. It's just a way for people to put meaning behind there life.

Ask him about Marsupials. Did Noah really go to Australia, a place I wouldn't have thought known, loaded up the Kangaroos and Koala bears and placed them back after the flood? I mean I may be wrong, but those animals are very specific to Australia (not sure about Tazmania and New Zealand), aren't they?
I think they're also native to Tasmania, but there aren't any land mammals native to New Zealand (apart from bats).

@ARav: You should also ask him how Noah could have fit the thousands of different animal species on the Ark, how Noah stopped them from eating each other, and how the Ark managed to not sink.

Yeah Napalm, squall, I understand all that and I have tried. But I have to take into consideration that my uncle is a 73 year old man who has very religious roots, it's what he grew up with. So at this point, if he wants to live what's left of his life happy like that, I have no part in trying to convince him otherwise. Agreed?

Yeah Napalm, squall, I understand all that and I have tried. But I have to take into consideration that my uncle is a 73 year old man who has very religious roots, it's what he grew up with. So at this point, if he wants to live what's left of his life happy like that, I have no part in trying to convince him otherwise. Agreed?
Fair enough. :D

Keep in mind that the Noah story involved divine intervention. So getting the animals back and forth to where the need to be, keep them fed, safe, etc. would be a trivial matter for a God who created the entire universe.

Keep in mind that the Noah story involved divine intervention. So getting the animals back and forth to where the need to be, keep them fed, safe, etc. would be a trivial matter for a God who created the entire universe.
But then that raises the question, if God can bend the laws of physics to fit all the animals on the Ark and keep them fed, why bother with an ark in the first place? Why not teleport them to the future when the flood was over or something?

Back