is the ps3 really that good

Shiftfallout said:
Do you even know what a flame is? How old are you DS?

Would you like me to share how many threads you have gone around reporting people for the worst reasons? If you are going to be a drama queen please take it back to the Lounge where you got this silly idea of acting to big for your britches.

The mods asked people to USE the report button for spamming (aka, people trying to sell their stuff or linking a page that does not belong here), They did NOT ask you to abuse it. You dont give a child a gun and a badge and expect them to use wisdom in how to use them. In this case, you are acting like that child.

If you were so worried about this thread going off topic, then leave it alone since you clearly are not really concerned about that at all.

Just stop attacking him! He can stop being a bleedin' goodie-goodie!

Something Y'all might like to hear :) :
Theres nothing really wrong with the PS3. Sure the price can seem like a pain in the ass, but its nothing a hardcore gamer can't handle, right?:lol:
The system is very much ahead of its time, but many people cannot appreciate that fact and will not let themselves after seeing the price. Sony is in a different market than the Wii, in fact its on a whole other level than the Wii. The PS3 isn't so much about convenience and ease-of-use as the Wii. Its about power and the hardcore gamer and techies. Sadly the majority of people are after a cheap, convenient, easy-to-use toy. In fact Wal-Mart apparently stopped selling Blu-Ray movies because they were collecting dust there. Sony makes its sales with people who acknowledge technology and not just convenience. The games are also geared towards that market as well as the online services. Just because Beta-Max doesn't exist in the public anymore, it is still used in the film industry(errr... was? now that dvds, bluray is here). I mean seriously! You ain't gonna see a kid goin' after high CPU and a big-ass hard-drive, they're gonna go for the waggly wand as well as any other
non-technology/gaming oriented adult. Wow I just keep on going.

What I'm saying:

-You cannot deny PS3s capabilities since they do EXIST!!
-When formats like BetaMax and UMD and possibly Blu-Ray dissapear from the public market it doesn't mean they suck! Some film industries and such will still use these formats

Uhhmmm don't flame me no speakie englishhhh ........... Just some stuff I learned by doing some research.
--
I still enjoy my ever so convenient Nintendo Wii! <('-')>
I gotta go sorry see y'all!

Last edited:
Monsteroids said:
Just stop attacking him! He can stop being a bleedin' goodie-goodie!

Something Y'all might like to hear :) :
Theres nothing really wrong with the PS3. Sure the price can seem like a pain in the ass, but its nothing a hardcore gamer can't handle, right?:lol:
The system is very much ahead of its time, but many people cannot appreciate that fact and will not let themselves after seeing the price. Sony is in a different market than the Wii, in fact its on a whole other level than the Wii. The PS3 isn't so much about convenience and ease-of-use as the Wii. Its about power and the hardcore gamer and techies. Sadly the majority of people are after a cheap, convenient, easy-to-use toy. In fact Wal-Mart apparently stopped selling Blu-Ray movies because they were collecting dust there. Sony makes its sales with people who acknowledge technology and not just convenience. The games are also geared towards that market as well as the online services. Just because Beta-Max doesn't exist in the public anymore, it is still used in the film industry(errr... was? now that dvds, bluray is here). I mean seriously! You ain't gonna see a kid goin' after high CPU and a big-ass hard-drive, they're gonna go for the waggly wand as well as any other
non-technology/gaming oriented adult. Wow I just keep on going.

What I'm saying:

-You cannot deny PS3s capabilities since they do EXIST!!
-When formats like BetaMax and UMD and possibly Blu-Ray dissapear from the public market it doesn't mean they suck! Some film industries and such will still use these formats

Uhhmmm don't flame me no speakie englishhhh ........... Just some stuff I learned by doing some research.
--
I still enjoy my ever so convenient Nintendo Wii! <('-')>
I gotta go sorry see y'all!

Now that we are finally back on topic..........that was a really good post!
Well the ps3 part!

CyanRussel said:
Now that we are finally back on topic..........that was a really good post!
Well the ps3 part!

Well I do love my Wii, I'm just saying you can not truly deny that the PS3 is one heck of a wonderful machine with capabilities that may exceed the understanding of some. Its incredible, the power, the memory, the graphics and just the overall capabilities of the system. When you see this, when you whats in there and when you know whats in the other systems, you just can't help, but think the 360 is subpar(while I still like some of the games and such :yesnod:) and what holds the Wii up is an easily created physical gimmick that completely excludes some genres of games (and many in-depth games). While the other two are definitely fun as heck sometimes, they're on a different level.
I like all of this gens systems, but to deny the PS3s power and call it and overpriced grill or whatever just means that you know nothing about gaming and the PS3 so you really shouldn't be talking.

Wow I do keep going.

I have a PlayStation 3 and I don't regret purchasing it yet.

It doesn't have any AAA games out yet, but they'll be coming out soon enough. There's games such as Motorstorm, The Darkness, Resistance: Fall of Man, and others that should be enough to keep you occupied until better games come out.

It's a good system with a bright future. The online needs to be improved in order to compete with the Xbox 360, but I believe it will.

I sort of own a Xbox 360. I have one, but it's broken... for the third time. That's the one system I don't really recomend, it's not reliable at all. Plus, 360 fanboys suck!

toXic said:
I have a PlayStation 3 and I don't regret purchasing it yet.

It doesn't have any AAA games out yet, but they'll be coming out soon enough. There's games such as Motorstorm, The Darkness, Resistance: Fall of Man, and others that should be enough to keep you occupied until better games come out.

It's a good system with a bright future. The online needs to be improved in order to compete with the Xbox 360, but I believe it will.

I sort of own a Xbox 360. I have one, but it's broken... for the third time. That's the one system I don't really recomend, it's not reliable at all. Plus, 360 fanboys suck!

True and doesn't the 360 have a heating problem?

Back