Let's Talk Graphics.

1UP

The Optimistic Banana
Jul 29, 2007
Now, I don't understand why Wii can not use a higher-performance format. I don't understand why. It would be the selling point for Nintendo. I don't want gameplay is better than graphics crap. Everyone cares how a game looks. So, could someone give me an explanation as to why Nintendo cannot update their graphics?

you can't really say everyoen cars how a game looks

i just want the graphics to be good, which is what the wii does
wii=good
xbox 360=awesome
ps3=superly amazing

but they have their reasons
a) development is cheaper for them, so this attracts game developers
b) producing a machine with better graphics would cost more making nintendo gain less money on the wii(maybe lose some, depending on the 'what if' price)
c) do'nt mena to be a *****, but nintnedo does focus mroe on gameplay than it does graphics, not saying that sony and microsoft don't but in terms of gameplay i always found nintnedo products better
d)a large amount of wii owners just bought it for the casual games(gameplay>graphics)
e)i'm awesome

paintballer, it hink he menat improve instead of update...not sure though

basically what i think he was askign is that why dind't nintendo have better hardware

1UP said:
Now, I don't understand why Wii can not use a higher-performance format. I don't understand why. It would be the selling point for Nintendo. I don't want gameplay is better than graphics crap. Everyone cares how a game looks. So, could someone give me an explanation as to why Nintendo cannot update their graphics?
no, the selling point for Nintendo is that is costs half as much as the other consoles and anybody, anybody can pick it up and have lots of fun with it.

plus, they actually make money when they sell a console, $40. times that by the ~9 million consoles they've sold and they've made ~360 million dollars in console sales alone. its gonna take a lot more than a bunch of fanboys whining that the graphics don't look as good as the other consoles for them to change their minds.

and it doesn't matter. look at Metroid Prime 3. the graphics Retros has accomplished with a seemless control scheme is 10 dollars less than a game like Halo 3, which might look pretty, but still has the semi-awkward dual-analog control scheme.

Exactly. Why can't they have better hardware. I mean, I won't be a joker and say I don't care about graphics, but I do. I really do. I like a great game with great graphics and great gameplay! A well-rounded library and gaming experience just boosts up the money for Nintendo and gives us more satisfaction. I mean, come on. Nintendo loves that money!

EDIT: FWELR: Maybe so, but It still cannot compare to Halo 3 in size, and that is where Retro is lacking.

Frankly, the Wii is pathetic of right now. No good games, no anything that good out. Maybe MP3 will make the Wii shake a little. Then SMG, then SSBB !

Then the Wii will dominate. :)

1UP said:
EDIT: FWELR: Maybe so, but It still cannot compare to Halo 3 in size, and that is where Retro is lacking.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i can't believe you just compared a Metroid game to a Halo game in terms of size. i beat Halo and Halo 2 on legendary in the time it took me to get half the items in Metroid Prime 2 on hard. the only thing halo has going for it is online multiplayer, which is, as anyone would have to admit, damn near perfect, but still the single player mode is hella shallow.

FWELR said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i can't believe you just compared a Metroid game to a Halo game in terms of size. i beat Halo and Halo 2 on legendary in the time it took me to get half the items in Metroid Prime 2 on hard. the only thing halo has going for it is online multiplayer, which is, as anyone would have to admit, damn near perfect, but still the single player mode is hella shallow.
Yes, I forgot to seperate the campaign.
Oh my.
J/K.

Yeah I was disappointed at first because I already had the 360 a while before the wii came about. But I gotta tell ya, the graphics didn't come off as 'bad' as I thought, I actually forgot about the graphics and was more focused on the motion controls. Its not the graphics for me in the wii.. Its the games and the way you play them. If I want graphics, I turn on my PS3. But actually I love my wii a lot more its an amazing system, there are no flaws, its a perfect machine down to the name of it. 'Wii'

Well, if thats what you mean then it is pretty obvious why. Because it is cheaper. They make money on the consoles rather than losing it like Sony and MS do, and the price is a huge reason that they are selling so well. If the Wii was $600 then they would lose the non gamers (most of their sales) and they would have much more competition from the other consoles. A lot of Wii owners would have bought a 360 or PS3 instead if they were the same price, and the Wii would be selling just like the GC did.

LilWiiWii said:
Yeah I was disappointed at first because I already had the 360 a while before the wii came about. But I gotta tell ya, the graphics didn't come off as 'bad' as I thought, I actually forgot about the graphics and was more focused on the motion controls. Its not the graphics for me in the wii.. Its the games and the way you play them. If I want graphics, I turn on my PS3. But actually I love my wii a lot more its an amazing system, there are no flaws, its a perfect machine down to the name of it. 'Wii'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I LMAO at that. The Wii is very, very far from flawless. And the name...I want to know what they were smoking when they thought that up......

Haha i lol'd at "no flaws" aswell..

Anyways, If you want the most gameplay you can get and graphics play xbox live. Because with xbox live you can play games that are on the wii but online and i think online gives games the best gameplay you can get. I still play Socom online more than i play my wii.

I think the main reason that Nintendo opted to go with a less-than-current graphical console because they needed to try something new. The Gamecube, which had superior graphics to the PS2, still came in last place. Clearly graphics were not going to sell consoles for them so they had to think of something new. The Wii Remote and the barely better than last generation hardware brought in both hardcore gamers who wanted to try a new method of playing games and the casual/non-gamers who thought it was a good entry price for the fun you can get out of it.

i jsut posted a bunch of online games coming out for the wii...weren't you the one who responded to it?..oh well
maybe not so just in case i'll post them again

bwii, ssbb, madden(non-exclusive), mario kart, moh, i think no more heroes but im' not sure

and msc and pokemon are already out.....madden comes out in like two weeks

Yeah, i know, but for all the people in a rush. I mean once mario kart comes out online that will be the best gameplay game out there. Racing others using the wiimotes tilt online. :D:D:D:D

Back