Official Launch Campout List

Spitfire_K

Pwn'n n00bs since 1989
Nov 4, 2006
Missouri
Wii Online Code
0908-1940-6799-6591
I would like some lists from people who have camped out before. This is my first time and it's at a 24/7 Walmart Supercenter. But I plan on going out there around Friday night or early Saturday morning. Thing is, they will pass out tickets Saturday night and close for about 4 hours, so out into the Missouri elements. I'm guessing around 30 degrees F. Plus, I think I would have to wait outside cause of loitering rules and cops. Yikes! So here is my list which I will fit on me and into my messenger bag...

1. Fold out chair.
2. Clean Shirt and socks
3.GBA (cause I dont want my DS to freeze up, I don't care as much 4 my GBA) and some games.
4. Food Stuffs- Chips, Soda, etc. Maybe some warm Ramen in a thermus! :D
5. Knife (No sence in losing my 250 dollar bag to some thug in the parking lot)
6.My cigarettes and lighter ( I don't condone smoking! I'm trying to quit! :sick: )
7.Money of course
8.Maybe a blanket
9.Latest EGM
10. Patience and Ruggedness

I wanna hear your guys lists too! Any suggestions for mine, or my situation?:smilewinkgrin:

Well my walmart is 24/7 and I don't know if they're doing the the whole close down for 2 hours thing, but I'll just go with a jacket and a tazer, my friend will be waiting with me as well so at least I'll have someone to talk to

Yeah, I plan on bring a couple of friends, all waiting to get one. Plus I plan on making some up there too.

Sounds like a good list, I don't know how the whole fold up chair thing is gonna work, but I hope it doesn't hinder my ability to beat a crowd once they open the gates to the stores :lol: But when I do (assuming my plans pan out) camp out, I hope to bring a folding chair, my ds of course, and coffee/bottle of water and small snack(s). Oh yeah, and I do have a preorder, I just wanna make sure I get my copy, that day.

I know, we're both moronic geeks. :lol: No argument there.

For gamestop, I'm bringing a Chair, sleeping bags, pillows, my phone, a book or two, and my camera. I don't have any portable systems to bring...

For my walmart they set out a bunch of chairs and if you arnt in one...you dont get a Wii. Simple...no tickets..no closing down...just..wait :)

Here's my list(For 3 People)

Folding Chairs
Mountain Dew
Snacks
DS
Books
Laptop(Hopefully I'll get an internet connection)
Money(In the form of my Dad's credit card. I am paying for all of it, though)

Spitfire_K said:
5. Knife (No sence in losing my 250 dollar bag to some thug in the parking lot)

lol
you think that they wont be packing some sort of weapond as well

Joe said:
For my walmart they set out a bunch of chairs and if you arnt in one...you dont get a Wii. Simple...no tickets..no closing down...just..wait :)
I hope that's what my walmart is doing, maybe they'll hand out free beating sticks to, so you can defend yourself on the way to the car. Haha then it would be perfect

Ipod
Book
Jimmy John's
Sobe
MacBook w/dvds
CASH
and those cushion things used for hunting

all fit snuggly in a backpack and coat pocket without fatigue

as for the weapon thing, i say dont be packing, you could be searched and kicked out of line if security has learned a few things from past events ( Like we all have). I say just form a crowd before you walk out so youll be protected in numbers, and keep a baseball bat in yer car.

and coffee lovers, I recommend holding off unless you are priveleged to bathroom breaks without spot in line lost, Coffee passes through much quicker than normal liquids.

Last edited:
ocdan said:
Ipod
Book
Jimmy John's
Sobe
MacBook w/dvds
CASH
and those cushion things used for hunting

all fit snuggly in a backpack and coat pocket without fatigue

as for the weapon thing, i say dont be packing, you could be searched and kicked out of line if security has learned a few things from past events ( Like we all have). I say just form a crowd before you walk out so youll be protected in numbers, and keep a baseball bat in yer car.

and coffee lovers, I recommend holding off unless you are priveleged to bathroom breaks without spot in line lost, Coffee passes through much quicker than normal liquids.
Yeah I'm not taking a weapon, but a bat in your car wouldn't make much of a difference if you got attacked on the way to your care

*punch* man I wish I had that bat about now

A tip for camping out is not to overpack. I went camping for the first time to get the 360 and you really don't need that much. You'll interact in line and even sleep if your not to caffienated or excited(which most of us are.)

A quick camping story that is humorous, yet cruel.

I was camping for the Xbox 360 at Best Buy and by 2:30-3:00 A.M. that morning the line filled up and they told us that from a certain point, nobody would be getting a system. I was 4th in line so that really didn't matter to me. But of course, you have the SUV driving Mom's who will do anything to please their kids. So we had about 3 Moms pull up to the store about 15 minutes before opening thinking they'd beat the crowd. So when the Mom's got out of their cars these groups of teenagers would yell out, "Hurry, there's one left, Hurry!" and these Mom's, one who was obese, would run, purses flapping, towards the line. Then when they got to the line the teenagers would tell them they ran out 6 hours ago. One Mom almost punched the kid. The other 2 had remarks like, "Assholes" and other things that shall not be uttered on this forum. The last one just said, "Well, off to Target.

Some just never give up.

Ah man thats mean..

Im going to Walmart at 3pm Saturday..maybe earlier

Bringing DS with warioware touched, Mariokart, and advanced wars
20 bucks for snacks and mcdonalds
credit card
fold up chair

I agree with Rand. That is mean, but hilarious and 3pm Satuday or earlier sounds good.

Back