Official Launch Campout List

tuned said:
Sounds like a good list, I don't know how the whole fold up chair thing is gonna work, but I hope it doesn't hinder my ability to beat a crowd once they open the gates to the stores :lol: But when I do (assuming my plans pan out) camp out, I hope to bring a folding chair, my ds of course, and coffee/bottle of water and small snack(s). Oh yeah, and I do have a preorder, I just wanna make sure I get my copy, that day.

I know, we're both moronic geeks. :lol: No argument there.

You know you could find someone who's not buying one and have them hold your stuff while you sprint(i mean full speed) to the wii

I might just rock up at 11pm outside toys r us for the midnight launch wtih my Ipod watching some TP videos on it. wait till midnight. Grab my wii and walk out. Sweet as

Messykitty414 said:
Well my walmart is 24/7 and I don't know if they're doing the the whole close down for 2 hours thing, but I'll just go with a jacket and a tazer, my friend will be waiting with me as well so at least I'll have someone to talk to

Excuse me, What?, Did you just say a TAZER?!!

Remember, get your wii photos and vids on the site as a soon as possible when you get it please!

cell phone
bluetooth handsfree headset
maybe some water and a couple caffeine pills

Coffee will make you have to get out of line to go to the bathroom. I'd recommend not drinking anything before you go - that's a lot of hours holding it while you wait in line. I also may bring a stool - or take one from somewhere else in the store (walmart). This way, it doesn't look like you're sitting down while everyone else is standing up (they'd probably try to cut in front of you or something - unless of course, they were sitting too...)

That's my plan, but I really hope I don't have to stay in line for too long.

EDIT: As for weapons, I'm thankful that I live in a country with a second amendment. Unless Wal-Mart (or another retailer) posts a firearm free zone, they can't prevent you from having weapons.

SOMETHING EXTRA: I've never camped before, but I have a best friend who camped out for 10+ hours for the 360. People cut. It's important to be alert, and avoid having to leave the line. Try not to leave hungry or just after drinking a lot of fluids for the store. Remember that caffeine will make you go to the bathroom faster than normal. My advice is to bring some gum that will last you awhile.

To stop cutters, you have to realize your greatest weapon against them is numbers. They're hoping that they can cut without anyone noticing. If you see somebody cutting in line before you, don't throw a fit, but ask politely if they were in line - confront them assertively. Hopefully, enough people around you will get upset enough that they feel pressured into getting at the back of the line.

Also realize that most people won't just show up and cut, but that the guy three spots ahead of you might be 'saving a spot' for his buddies. In keeping with the adage that 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure', you may want to strike up a casual conversation about how unfair this practice is and that if it happens tonight, you're not just going to let it happen. This will do two things - let those people who are 'saving spots' know in advance that they're not going to get away with it (at least, not easily) and it also heightens the awareness of the people around you - they're more likely to get involved if they see a cutter if they've prepared themselves mentally for how to handle the situation.

Last edited:
Hmmmm..... this reminds of .... The Master Plan.
For those who don't rember or don't know about it I posted a story about my explosion filled, extremely exciting and logic defying story here it is again for those who missed out the first time in a special edition post, digitally restored yadayadayada.....

I developed a master plan on how to get my Wii. I'll drive down five minutes before the store opens, be the only one eagerly jumping around outside then make a big deal about running through the store to reach the Wii and push imaginary people out of my way and spear tackle the first other customer I see and scream "I'm getting the first one tubby" and run up to the counter and say "now" and hand over the money and he takes it and gives me a receipt and I whack him across the face a couple of times and say "that took to long you stupid college drop out!" I bolt out of the store knocking as many stands as possible over as I run as to make sure no one follows me. I run out of the store and begin to run home (although there was a perfectly good car waiting in the car park).

I run along the side of the road a car honks its horn so I bend down and pick up a rock and throw it at the car which spontaneously blows up causing a giant pile up of thousands of cars and trucks to pile up on the road. A taxi driver calls out "you crazy kid" but I run faster I jump up onto the train tracks, I spy a train coming. I drop a coin on the tracks then run faster and jump onto to the top of the train run along the top and jump off just as it runs over the coin causing it to de-rail and crash and explode into millions of piece. But I still keep on running. I am at the bottom of my street I begin to run up the hill a car comes down I run at it, it swerves out of the way and crashes into a house an blows up.

I reach my house and run up the steps to my house and trip, causing the box that contains the Wii to fly out of my hands hit my door and tear and the Wii falls out and breaks then a guy comes and rubs his foot in it. I scream, the scream fills my head I toss and turn only then to come to realize I'm still asleep in my sleeping bag in my tent which is set up outside the store.

Ronan said:
Excuse me, What?, Did you just say a TAZER?!!

Remember, get your wii photos and vids on the site as a soon as possible when you get it please!

Yes I did say tazer you never know what kind of crazy you could be dealing with

deity_link said:
Hmmmm..... this reminds of .... The Master Plan.
For those who don't rember or don't know about it I posted a story about my explosion filled, extremely exciting and logic defying story here it is again for those who missed out the first time in a special edition post, digitally restored yadayadayada.....

I developed a master plan on how to get my Wii. I'll drive down five minutes before the store opens, be the only one eagerly jumping around outside then make a big deal about running through the store to reach the Wii and push imaginary people out of my way and spear tackle the first other customer I see and scream "I'm getting the first one tubby" and run up to the counter and say "now" and hand over the money and he takes it and gives me a receipt and I whack him across the face a couple of times and say "that took to long you stupid college drop out!" I bolt out of the store knocking as many stands as possible over as I run as to make sure no one follows me. I run out of the store and begin to run home (although there was a perfectly good car waiting in the car park).

I run along the side of the road a car honks its horn so I bend down and pick up a rock and throw it at the car which spontaneously blows up causing a giant pile up of thousands of cars and trucks to pile up on the road. A taxi driver calls out "you crazy kid" but I run faster I jump up onto the train tracks, I spy a train coming. I drop a coin on the tracks then run faster and jump onto to the top of the train run along the top and jump off just as it runs over the coin causing it to de-rail and crash and explode into millions of piece. But I still keep on running. I am at the bottom of my street I begin to run up the hill a car comes down I run at it, it swerves out of the way and crashes into a house an blows up.

I reach my house and run up the steps to my house and trip, causing the box that contains the Wii to fly out of my hands hit my door and tear and the Wii falls out and breaks then a guy comes and rubs his foot in it. I scream, the scream fills my head I toss and turn only then to come to realize I'm still asleep in my sleeping bag in my tent which is set up outside the store.

Nice deity_link, that was pretty good, lol :lol:

my new iPod video
1 or 2 cases of Bawls (gonna sell them in line for $1 a bottle or $1.25 for the can)
money
food
blanket and pillow for comfort

thats about it. im not worried about the bathroom. i am KING of holding it in. a trip from cincinnati to miami florida. i didnt go once. it was a 22 hr trip and i was constantly drinking something

Im going with a whole bunch of friends. some of which are buying and some of which are just along for the ride. the plan for us is to get a tent and sleeping bags. were gonna bring beer, food, etc. Axis and Allies the bored game (takes hours to play so should be a good time killer. and magazines. probably some reading if i have to do some. and then when it gets close to the time to go in im gonna pack all the stuff up and put it in my car so that i can run to the wiis. then were all going back to my place where i have 2 tvs set up and we will play our wiis till sun goes down and probably further into the night. (gotta love college and only 3 days of class)

Back