Reasons people haven't come up with for why the PS3 is a failure.

I can agree with that. The Halo franchise is the XBox 360's main selling game, as is Resistance: Fall of Man is the PS3's mainline game. Many people can agree when I say, both are equal in gameplay, setting, graphics (HDTV) and other general traits that compose a good game.

Sahirrama said:
Halo saved the Xbox...that's why it is so popular

No, I wouldn't say that, I'm sure if the Halo franchise was never released, the XBox and XBox 360 would still be selling at a fantastic rate. Halo is not the only "good" game for the XBox 360, there are many, many more.

Also, just a tip, I suggest not triple posting, it ticks people off (including me).

Celestial said:
There's a SOCOM coming out for PS3 which will be amazing, Warhawk also looks amazing to me! There's a lot of games I want soon for example:

SOCOM: Confrontation
Heavenly Sword
Lair
Army of Two
Assassins Creed
Pro Evolution 2008
Gran Turismo 5
LittleBigPlanet
Killzone 2
Infamous
Metal Gear Solid 4
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13 Versus
Fatal Inertia
Devil May Cry 4
Golden Axe
Haze
Unreal Tournament III
The Agency
Grand Theft Auto IV
The Last Remnant
White Knight Story
TimeShift
Dynasty Warriors 6
Need for Speed: Pro Street
Folklore
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Tekken 6
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
LA Noire
Wipeout HD
Playstation HOME

That's all I can think of for now....
oh yea, and the reason why i didnt list most of those is because theyre not ps3 exclusive

and about halo 3, i too honestly dont see what the big hype is. it IS really the same thing over again. its just more weapons and levels. (and of-course, better graphics) and yea, and i forgot to mention how it goes into 3rd-person with certain guns! weeeeeeee! 3rd-person! that so great! [Sarcasm] dont get me wrong, halo 3 will be kick-ass, but again, its nothing we havent seen before. same goes for heavenly sword, the god of war knock-off.

Last edited:
Shoko said:
oh yea, and the reason why i didnt list most of those is because theyre not ps3 exclusive

and about halo 3, i too honestly dont see what the big hype is. it IS really the same thing over again. its just more weapons and levels. (and of-course, better graphics) and yea, and i forgot to mention how it goes into 3rd-person with certain guns! weeeeeeee! 3rd-person! that so great! [Sarcasm] dont get me wrong, halo 3 will be kick-ass, but again, its nothing we havent seen before. same goes for heavenly sword, the god of war knock-off.

lol yea, but I don't have a 360.. and I was just listing the ones I wanted :p which also look like great games even though they're not exclusive.

Also with Halo, I've heard the storylines are fantastic, that's probably a mahoosive part as to why it's so good.

Heavenly Sword as a God of War knock-off.. I'm not really sure, apparantly it's suppose to be better, got 10/10 in a magazine, I can't remember, probably a Sony magazine... but yea, it should definitely get a 9+ in other reviews (I hope).

As for Resistance being as good as Halo, I really don't think so, the story in Resistance wasn't too amazing and Resistance is slightly more realistic, apart from the Chimera and freaky guns... So not really comparable. I'd compare Unreal Tournament to Halo, I think they're alike, haven't really played neither of them though.

Last edited:
Celestial said:
lol yea, but I don't have a 360...
I don't even have a PS3!!!
It is weird that my PS3 topic became so popular.

What do you guys think is the best shooter game on the PS3?

Sahirrama said:
The PS3 can be so much more than it is...they aren't doing anything truly amazing with the PS3

Exactly. We own a PS3 and a Wii, and while they are both great systems (for what they are), I just can't see myself playing that many games on the PS3. Though, it does serve as a high quality multimedia system. And, when I do play, the HD graphics are just a breath of fresh air.. something different. But, in the end, the tables look like they have turned in that the Wii is my "primary console" whilst the PS3 is my "secondary console".

you wanna know why its a failure? well, because ppl are just to damn tired of having to pay for stuff they dont want!!!

people buy game consoles to play GAMES!!!!!!!! thats why its called a game console!! people dont need this new technololy, if i wanted to do something crazy like make a burrito on my ps3 then i would buy it, but thats why i have a microwave (im obiously being a little bit sarcastic on that comment)

but i belive the ps3 let them selves down and the whole public gaming community, they had their chance to put the dagger through nintendos heart when nintendo was down and out, but they let it live and look what happened, thats what happens when you underesteminte the underdog!

by the way, thumbs up on the theard, i finally got to share the burrito comment somewhere :) lol

Last edited:
I want a PS3 for the future games like assain creed and Devil May Cry 4 and Kingdom Hearts 3 thats probly coming in like 2 years

i cant believe how stupid people can be somtimes. PS3 is NOT expensive for gaming.

A ps3 price is equal to one graphics card for your compuer, not even a great card just an 8800 ultra. I would much rather have a 5600 for $3000. Or even a quadro four for $25,000, (not a card but a graphics unit) You can also have more then one of these cards.

that is just the card, now you have to add in all the other hardware.

Sahirrama said:
What do you guys think is the best shooter game on the PS3?

it will be killzone 2.

as for halo 3 - coming this winter, there will be a ton of shooters. halo 3 will have to give us something that blows us away. the cut scenes look real nice but the in game look like halo 2.5.

and i don't think resistence is the main game seller for the PS3. it just came out at launch and is probably the most owned game for the PS3 at the moment. you know what will beat the crap out of that? metal gear solid 4, Gran Turismo 5, and Final Fantasy XIII. those game will be system sellers for the PS3.

arcticreaver said:
it will be killzone 2.

as for halo 3 - coming this winter, there will be a ton of shooters. halo 3 will have to give us something that blows us away. the cut scenes look real nice but the in game look like halo 2.5.

and i don't think resistence is the main game seller for the PS3. it just came out at launch and is probably the most owned game for the PS3 at the moment. you know what will beat the crap out of that? metal gear solid 4, Gran Turismo 5, and Final Fantasy XIII. those game will be system sellers for the PS3.
rofl way to pull that statement from what people said about the beta

Back