Reasons people haven't come up with for why the PS3 is a failure.

300 posts!!!
This is a landmark in online forums...lol

The current VGChartz console sales are wrong. They still have the 360 at 10 million. The 360s are closer to 12 million. Microsoft broke the 10 million mark over 6 months ago. Hang out in any gaming store, talk to the manager to realize the things are outselling the PS3's 3-1. They also aren't factoring the amount of PS3's returned after it's initial Ebay crazed launch. I was told each Gamestop store had a average of 5 PS3's returned from Nov-Dec. So they are probably closer to 3 million. The only one that is accurate is probably the Wii.

I wish we lived in a world where they counted returned consoles as -1, and kept track of company sales past 6 months.

http://www.vgchartz.com

The 360s just passed the 10 million mark, maybe a couple of months ago...

Do NOT go to nexgenwars...it sends viruses to your computer, and all the figures are completely wrong.
If you want a good site go to http://www.vgchartz.com

Celestial said:
There's a SOCOM coming out for PS3 which will be amazing, Warhawk also looks amazing to me! There's a lot of games I want soon for example:

SOCOM: Confrontation
Heavenly Sword
Lair
Army of Two
Assassins Creed
Pro Evolution 2008
Gran Turismo 5
LittleBigPlanet
Killzone 2
Infamous
Metal Gear Solid 4
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13 Versus
Fatal Inertia
Devil May Cry 4
Golden Axe
Haze
Unreal Tournament III
The Agency
Grand Theft Auto IV
The Last Remnant
White Knight Story
TimeShift
Dynasty Warriors 6
Need for Speed: Pro Street
Folklore
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Tekken 6
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
LA Noire
Wipeout HD
Playstation HOME

That's all I can think of for now....
I will give you this Celestial great list.....but in terms of which will be the best game in the PS3....i have to say Haze...why? it came from the makers of GoldenEye, PerfectDark, and Timesplitters itself.....this game might be the game that shuts the Halo series for good!!

(Not saying halo wont be good, but theres other FPS out there that have enough potential to be the best FPS out there.....and i think this games has that potential....i mean take a look at its background..."Meaning Developers".)

CyanRussel said:
I will give you this Celestial great list.....but in terms of which will be the best game in the PS3....i have to say Haze...why? it came from the makers of GoldenEye, PerfectDark, and Timesplitters itself.....this game might be the game that shuts the Halo series for good!!

(Not saying halo wont be good, but theres other FPS out there that have enough potential to be the best FPS out there.....and i think this games has that potential....i mean take a look at its background..."Meaning Developers".)
There is no game that will shut Halo down...Its following is too big.

It all comes down to opinions. The 360, PS3 and Wii all have excellent games out ATM. You can't post lists of "good games" because other people might not think they are good. Sure many games for each console have good reputations, but when you come down to it, it's all opinions, and:

Almo said:
A war of opinions cannot be won by either side.

Well, since this is the only really active thread in the PS3 section, and I don't feel I need to start a new topic, I thought I'd just give my current opinion of the consoles.

Let me just say first of all, I have been a long time Nintendo fan. Well, since the N64 anyway, and the GameCube is still my favourite console. I bought a Wii on release day, thinking it would be amazing, and for a while, yeah, it was. However, since then ( about a year now, I think ? ) I have slowly fallen out of like with my Wii.

The Wii itself is great. The controller is wonderful, and it works well, but the games for it are abysmal. Maybe it's just here in Australia, but our range of games go from Mini-games collection (x1000) to horrible game based on a cheap board game ( jenga anyone ? ). I bought Strikers on a whim, and I regret it. I haven't played through the entirety of most of my Wii games, and I don't really plan to. To me, it seems like the Wii is going the way of the Gamecube. The online isn't brilliant, and while the Wii has 3rd party support in droves, it just isn't being respected by these developers, and horrible games are the result.

To be honest, if it weren't for Brawl, Galaxy, and Metroid 3, I would have already sold my Wii. I will keep it for these games though, but I doubt there will be many other worthwhile games for quite some time ( if at all ).

What I have been inspired to do however, is to get myself a PlayStation 3. I have been a long time Sony hater ( this is accurate ) and while my dislike for the company has not changed, my opinion of the PlayStation 3 has. As soon as I laid eyes on that beautiful LittleBigPlanet, I had to get one. I started looking into more PS3 games, and so many of them just look brilliant. Heavenly Sword, LittleBigPlanet, Folklore, White Knight Story, MGS4, to name a few.

Looking into it a bit more, it seems that the PS3 will be sharing Resident Evil 5 will the 360. This discovery sealed it for me. Though even without this, I have been swayed. Home looks like what the Miis should have been.

I will not give my opinion on the 360, as while I find it a great console, I also find that many of the games are ported to the PC, which is my primary gaming platform, thus eliminating the need for a 360.

I am hoping to get my PS3 in the next couple of weeks, since Australia's "Starter Pack" deal, which comes with 2 controllers, Resistance, and Motorstorm, is going to be phased out at the end of August. No price drop to follow it however ( what they were thinking with this, I have no idea ).

So for any other PS3 owners in Australia: I look forward to seeing you online soon. Hopefully both consoles are able to produce great things, though for me, my Wii is almost pointless. I could just have stuck with my Gamecube until the big 3 games are released.

Ah well. Just my thoughts on it all.

Edit: To be fair, Zelda TP is my favourite game, and probably the best I've ever played. Though the Wii controls do little more than irritate me. Again, probably would have been worth playing it on the Gamecube.

Yea, completely agree with you, haven't used my Wii since I finished Zelda, bought it for Brawl, Galaxy and Mario Kart, bought it way too early. I should've waited till this Christmas closer to the release of those titles.

I've always loved Playstation for it's Final Fantasy games and many others, Resistance made me start liking shooters.

I do however want to upgrade my PC or Laptop to be able to play Gears on it when that's released.

Sahirrama said:
There is no game that will shut Halo down...Its following is too big.
Since when?
Before Halo...GoldenEye was the one that redifined FPS....when the Xbox came out with Halo from Bungie...they took the crown of the Best FPS......there is no doubt in my mind that the creator of GoldenEye, TImesplitters, and PerfectDark can come up with a game that is so groundbreaking that even Halo itself couldnt be in a league of its own....(although, i never said it would happen....it could...nobody knows):scared:

Celestial said:
Isn't Halo 3 the last Halo anyway?
To answer that question...it just might be....although Halo Wars is coming out, unless they had trashed/canned it!

Last edited:
Back