Should I get a 360 or ps3 for chrissie!!!

i don't own either of them so i'm not going to be much help.
but how are you planning on finding them? isn't it going to be kind of hard this close to christmas, or is it only a pain to find wii's?

Well, 360s and ps3s are everywhere. Wii is the only one in shortage. Such a demand can't be met.

But thanks for the post with no answers. :p

haha, yeh I guess you did.

But is there no one else. Is there no one else! (quote from a movie can't remember off the top of my head.) I just hope someone may stop my head hurting!

I'm getting a ps3 for christmas. There's enough games to keep me busy for a while until Final fantasy XIII and FFXIIIversus come out. Xbox to me is alright too but I prefer the PS exclusives, plus internet play is free.

Did you see the 'Which is more FUN' thread? Same question, lots of answers :D

These topics always break down into the same sets of responses:

People defending what they own

People who say "just get both"

People who dislike both and praise only the Wii

I feel like I need to write a sticky about this, but for the most part it comes down to (like Null indicated), games. Are there exclusives on either console that are must have's for you/her?

Right now, there's not any exclusives on either that are enough to make me decide - to be honest, there's not enough that interests me to even own either right now :)

For all intents the machines are close enough to call them the same (in terms of performance) - the PS3 has a BD player (they you pay for, but it's a great price) and more media computer functions. The 360 with it's huge lead has a much bigger library and better (but not free) online.

My friend owns a 360. No, they don't break as much anymore. Yes, Microsoft did make improvements to the current versions of the console so it breaks far far less. Right now I'd say the 360 breaks as much as certain versions of the PS3. The best version of the PS3 hands down is the 60gb, and the best version of the 360 is the elite. Don't bother getting anything less than one of these two.

Thanks guys. They wont ship the 60gb models to australia for a while, because of the new 40gb models. I'm not gonna get elite because it's, what, $800 aussie? I'm gonna have to go with ps3 I guess. There's no exclusive titles on the 360 that would make me get it. And ps3 just has genuinelly better hardware.

PS3 ftw, unless someone can change my mind.

The PS3 because it's more expensive.
And the graphics are epic.
Not that the 360's arent.
Hard to say really.
I'd go for the PS3 because of MGS4.
I have a Wii and a 360 btw.

as an owner of both consoles i feel obligated to answer your question, however im not going into my usual 3 page essay on get what's right for you followed by pros and cons of each, lists of exclusive big titles, and my conclusion wich is usually

PS3.

yeah..just get a PS3. it's pretty cool, not to say the xbox isnt, but the xbox has barely any exclusives left that i can think of right now. PS3 has a ton coming up this year, biggest one is killzone 2, gonna be epic.

haha i didnt realize this was your thread killik119 (i had talked to him through PMs about this topic before i posted this lol)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, for all the help. PS3 it is! I can finally write my christmas list.

Should I ask for COD4 along with it?

Get COD4, apparantly it's great... I'll probably be getting it for Christmas too, or Uncharted, which looks great. I need some new games for my PS3, haven't bought a new game since FIFA 08, but I love it.. So I'm kinda alright for now... Maybe COD4 for christmas I hope!

Yeah, it is a great game. I bought my older brothers a ps3+assassins creed, but they eventually got cod4. And it's awesome, unfortunately haven't played online... but split screen is still great.

Back