The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

I really don't get why most Heart Scale-only moves are... well, Heart Scale-only. Pokes should evolve and outright get the chance t' learn new moves their previous forms couldn't get. IMO this should also apply to moves Pokes currently get the moment it evolves, as soon as it can evolve. For example, Charizard's Wing Attack which is learned at level 36.

I reckon it'd be a convenient mechanic t' have certain moves learned via moment of evolution, regardless of level. The Eeveelutions wouldn't be without STAB for an age, Scizor wouldn't miss out on Metal Claw if evolved too late, etc. Plenty'a moves should still stay Heart Scale exclusive, but ya'd think evolution would be guaranteed for a Poke t' learn new moves if their shape/typing changes dramatically.

I'll give you bite then. May the confusion/flinch be with you.

Dunno if I can double post, but can I use Marril and Spinda in my challenge?
Edit: never mind I reread the rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on my No Item/Unevolve Nuzlocke.
Pokemon I've caught (in order) : Mudkip (Yamamoto) Zigzagoon (Perceval) Poochyena (Doge) Lotad (Perry) Wurmple (Tsuna) Taillow (Kojirou) Zubat (Zuko) Oddish (420 Blaze) Electrike (Jirou) Slugma (Gary) Numel (Natsu) Grimer (Grim) Swablu (Kyoko) Wingull (Gob) Castform (Beezlebub) Tropius (Ryohei)
I started my journey with high hopes for the team I might be able to make. Little did I know I was about to go through hell. I chose Mudkip as a starter because I thought the level 42 Hydro Pump would do me some good. I'm sorry to say he didn't make it to level 42, and is resting in peace at level 32 after a battle with Wattson. Yamamoto easily carried me through the first gym, while Kojirou carried me through the second. I trained my bros hard for the upcoming battle, but with nothing to hit a Magneton hard with, I had to train them past level 30 if they were even going to stand a chance. Yamamoto lost his life to a critical hit Shock Wave from that Magneton. The one who avenged him was Jirou, with a 30th Quick Attack. Wondering who I could possibly beat Flannery with, I moved to Fallarbor Town, where fate smiled upon me and gave a Numel, one that, after I made sure with an engine, had 3 perfect IV's in Special Attack, Special Defence, and Speed. I grinded for literally hours before moving on towards the Lavaridge Gym. With Natsu at a comfortable level 35, he plowed through everything in his path with Earthquake and a resistance to fire. After beating Flannery, I looked on to the hours of more grinding I had ahead of me. After grinding my team of 4 to a solid level 40, I set forth into my father's gym with both battle strategy and strength on my side. 420 Blaze was the bro of this battle, making Slaking fall asleep and then smashing him in the face with Petal Dance. I celebrated my victory over my father, knowing that with this, I would be able to catch a water type on the water while surfing. What did I find? A Wingull. Even though I named him Gob out of frustration, I know that I can count on him to be a bro if I need him to. He sits in the PC waiting for his time to shine. (I forgot I could surf around in cities for something cool) Team Aqua stand no chance at the Weather Institute against my team of chibi monsters. I now stand ready for battle in front of the 6th gym, where I know for a fact Jirou will take me to victory.
Current team:
Kojirou, level 43, Peck, Wing Attack, Double Team, Aerial Ace
Jirou, level 42, Spark, Thunder, Bite, Roar
Natsu, level 42, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Take Down, Amnesia
420 Blaze, level 41, Petal Dance, Sleep Powder, Acid, Moonlight
Perceval, level 4, Surf, Rock Smash, Cut, Growl
RIP Yamamoto.

Last edited:
"Made sure" meaning I used an engine to find out why my numel had such amazing stats... I would never cheat, and if using Serebii to do that was cheating, I'll release my it and catch another.

Ya mean an IV Calculator. That's fine.

"Engine" ain't really a term for any Poketools, but I thought it sounded like a generic term for RNG abuse tools, which most certainly ain't allowed.

Yeah.. I couldn't think of the word off the top of my head so I used the first word that fit that came to mind. Sorry for any confusion lol.

Pokemon Black 2 No Item/Scramble/Moveset Challenge, Update 1
(mobile, so screw spelling) I started with Tepig and soloed everything until I finally got to catch a Zubat in the sewyers, which I called Karp, because it seems to be Splash's favourite Pokemon. I abused my friend to train it a bit and then went to the gym to see how I can do. Twebble really was a problem, so I went north to catch a Sandile before I even attempt the leader. I made sure that it doesn't have intimidate, because Foul Play is part of my moveset. I called it Schnappi (some German reference to a childssar's song about a crocodile, also somewhat means "bite", the more you know). I trained both of my Pokes a bit so that I have a Golbat on lvl 24 and a lvl 20 Sandile. Back at the gym I challenged Bugsy. I took out his Swadloon with a Wing Attack and switched to Sandlie to take on Dwebble. Sadly I only got him to use a potion before Sandile fainted, but Golbat managed to take out Twebble and surviving with red HP before oneshotting Leavanny.

Team

Karp (Golbat) lvl 25 with Brave nature and Inner Focus
-Confuse Ray
-Astonish
-Bite
-Wing Attack

Schnappi (Sandile) lvl 20 with Bashful nature and Moxie
-Bite
-Sand-Attack
-Assurance
-Sand Tomb

Last edited:
Unevolved pokemon suck in ways I didn't even know existed. I beat the Magma and Aqua hideouts, and then surfed to Mossdeep. I went and found myself a Spheal, which was exactly what I hoped for. I named him Haru. I grinded for a while and beat the seventh gym. Team Magma was trying to steal fuel for whatever BS reason but Steven and I stopped them. Dove down and stopped Team Aqua, but then the legend arise started fighting and everyone freaked out until I got that one green thing that flies and yelled at them until they stopped. Juan stood no chance against Jirou, who is level 76. (Yes I grinded them forever) I especially liked the bit where he used Rain Dance and I got free 100% shots at Thunder. Before entering Victory Road, I needed to pick up a sixth member of my team. After thinking for a while, I decided on Grim, only because he conveniently knew Poison Gas. I trained him up a bit until he was about on par with the rest of the team. Currently sitting in front of Victory Road, waiting for my next session to begin.

Last edited:
Update.
Cleared victory road without much difficulty. Grinded the whole team into mid 80's and took on the elite four. I cannot tell you how low their stats still were. I got through Sydney without having to do too much, but Phoebe is the bane of my existence. Pressure and Grudge are one of the worst things that could happen in a no item challenge. Phoebe has 2 Dusclops and 2 Bannette. I have to go through the rest of the elite four without Haru's Blizzard. Fantastic. Grim and Natsu were the stars of the battle against Glacia. Grim's special defense was high enough to tank through most of her attacks, while whittling them down with Poison Gas and Sludge Bomb. Natsu just Flamethrower'd the Glalie. I had to play very carefully against Drake. I lead with Natsu, and killed off his Shelgon with multiple Earthquakes. Flygon was no problem for Haru, who took it down with a single Aurora Beam. Altaria is got off a single Dragon Dance before going down to 2 Aurora Beams. Kingdra was what scared me the most, and was of course the one that I accidentally switched in Natsu for. The poor guy was killed in a single Surf. (I couldn't switch out because I knew I needed the first hit) Jirou killed it with a critical hit Thunder. Salamance was nothing to Haru, who helped me take out my frustration at myself with a critical hit Aurora Beam to end the battle. The battle with Wallace was by far the most nerve racking battle in this entire run. I led with Jirou, who killed the Waillord in a single Thunder. The Whiscash that followed was taken out by 420 Blaze, with a graceful Petal Dance. I sent out Kojirou against his Ludicolo, who did me a solid by setting up Rain Dance for me. The guarantors that followed was no match for Jirou's Thunder, and neither was his Tentacruel, though if did get a Sludge Bomb off on Jirou. Even though he only had 67 hp and poison, I kept Jirou in for Milotic. After I finished praying to the RNG gods, I pressed Thunder and watch as it paralyzed Milotic with around a third health left. "Milotic is paralyzed! It can't move!" The RNG gods are real. Took it down with another Thunder to end my challenge, one turn before the poison would have killed him.
Ending Team:
Jirou level 86, Spark, Roar, Thunder, Bite
Kojirou level 84, Aerial Ace, Fly, Double Team, Wing Attack
Natsu (RIP) level 84, Flamethrower, Strength, Earthquake, Double Edge
420 Blaze level 82, Petal Dance, Acid, Sleep Powder, Moonlight
Haru level 83, Blizzard, Aurora Beam, Surf, Encore
Grim level 82, Poison Gas, Sludge Bomb, Minimize, Disable
Challenge Complete!
RIP YAMAMOTO AND NATSU

Last edited:
Well done on completin' your first Combined Nuzlocke. Even level grinding is dangerous in a No Item/Unevolved/Nuzlocke, so you're certainly deservin' of said praise. Welcome to the Hall of Fame once moar.

There is no way for me to get Sandlash with Sand-Attack unless I use a heartscale. The lowest level I can get is 19 and on 19 it just learned its 4th attack after Sand-Attack, so you have to replace that

Back