The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

Wow activity :eek:
The Wedlocke challenge is so hard... Sometimes it's like "You can sacrifice this pair, so the other one can win the fight or you sacrifice this pair"... Really enjoyable though

Aye, the Wedlocke is great fun. Stressful as well, but in a good way.

Update Shiftry Run

Picked treecko, and ran around route 102 until I found the 1% chance seedot. Released my starter and caught a zigzagoon as an HM slave. Grinded through for a half hour. BRAWLY IS AN ASS. More nonstop grinding. Time is at 5:04, Nuzleaf (named Hibari) is level 49 with moves Rock Tomb, Strength, Extrasensory, and Faint Attack. Number of badges: 5

Bloody hell, ya skipped three badges in that update. o_o; The minimum amount of updates to validate a Hall of Fame entry is three, so if ya intend to finish your Challenge in just one more session, make sure ya take a break midway t' post a quick update.

Arghhh I need an easier challenge before my graveyard overflows... I'll go with Scramble/Moveset/No Items on Black 2. I can't trade or breed for this gen though :/

I can't trade or breed for this gen though :/

T'is always a shame...

Regardless, your Challenge is accepted. Been too long since I said that. To you, the RNG Goddess bestows Sandslash and Gothitelle. May they serve ya well.

I'll give you Zebstrika and Sawsbuck

ZEBSTRIKA
- Wild Charge
- Flame Charge
- Thunder Wave
- Bounce (Tutor)

SAWSBUCK
- Return
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Leech Seed

Last edited:
TM and Tutor moves are illegal in No Item Challenges (Return and Bounce).

... Speakin' of, I forgot to supply movesets.

Sandslash

- Earthquake
- Sand-attack
- Sandstorm
- Crush Claw

Gothitelle

- Future Sight
- Psyshock

- Flatter
- Charm

Damn. Forgot about that rule. In that case: Sawsbuck gets Double Edge and Zebstrika gets Stomp.

SAWSBUCK
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Double-Edge
- Jump Kick

With the health you'll gain from Horn Leech/Leech Seed, the recoil from Double-Edge shouldn't be too bad

ZEBSTRIKA
- Wild Charge
- Flame Charge
- Thunder Wave
- Stomp

Stomp for ParaFlinch when combined with Thunder Wave

Last edited:
Updateeeeeee

Caught a tentacool for surf and named it Surf Pls. Weather institute is nice grinding. Got the leaf stone on that route and evolved Hibari into Shiftry. Swept through gym 6 with rock tomb as well as Mt. Pyre. Beat magma lair and aqua lair, then went underwater and beat aqua again. OH GOD IT'S THE LEGENDARIES AND THEY'RE FIGHTING EACH OTHER OH GOD WHY I HAVE TO STOP THEM WALLACE PLS TELL ME HOW PLS OH GOD RAYQUAZA PLS YAY YOU STOPPED THEM AND THEY'RE SLEEPING AGAIN TY RAYQUAZA BYE. Swept through gym 8 with faint attack + blackglasses + stab. Went through victory road in the dark. (too lazy to get something with flash) Now standing in front of The Elite Four, all badges collected with Hibari level 77, with Brick Break, Extrasensory, Faint Attack, and Return.

I'd ask, "No Grass-type STAB?", but Shiftry has no good Grass moves back in Gen 3...

'Ey, be a Champ and give lucktown two Pokes for his B2 Scramble/Moveset/No Items Combined Challenge so he can get started.

I'll be a bro and delete my post. And yeah Shiftry has no grass moves at all so Wallace might be a little more difficult since he has Ice Beam.

CHALLENGE COMPLETED. Hibari level 79, time: 14:04. I don't know how to post pictures here on mobile, so if you need proof I can email it to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back