The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

OH YEAH

Y - W Update​
I completely forgot t' post my final Y - W update. Also completely forgot everythin' that happened, and the movesets/levels of my team since they were bank'd to my X... ... ... so, this update will be short.

I beat the Champion with no casualties

.... The end.

>_>;​

Greatest update ever. Possibly beats my last challenge update in the 'let's see how little I can write but it still counts as an update' :lol:

Speaking of my challenge, when I said I'd be focusing on my Sapphire Harmonia challenge, I honestly meant it. But for some reason I thought it would be a good idea for me to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening before actually completing the challenge. I kinda got addicted to it and consequently haven't done much towards my challenge as I've been spending all my free time on FE:A.
Hopefully I get back to my challenge soon but I'm not making any promises since I'm in my final year of high school, which doesn't leave me very much spare time :(

Last edited:
gtfo i bought awakening like a year ago now

Greatest update ever.

Yesz!

Possibly beats my last challenge update in the 'let's see how little I can write but it still counts as an update' :lol:

Nah. If someone's Hall of Fame entry counted on a single update, and they pulled what I did for said update, I wouldn't give it to 'em lol. Only reason I didn't try t' wrack my memory is 'cause the Challenge isn't official or nothin'. Laziness 'n all that.

Nah. If someone's Hall of Fame entry counted on a single update, and they pulled what I did for said update, I wouldn't give it to 'em lol. Only reason I didn't try t' wrack my memory is 'cause the Challenge isn't official or nothin'. Laziness 'n all that.
I see. In that case, I should probably try not to do what I did last time and leave it forever to update :p

I've gotten pretty lazy with my updates, too compared to what I did for my last challenges :D
One of my last Harmonia Challenge updates:
I caught the Electabuzz and grinded it (again) from lvl 18 to 45 and challenged Misty (TwitchPlaysPokemon really needs to try that). Golduck tried to disable Thunderbolt after surviving it, so I told Electabuzz to just punch it in the face. Dewgong then quickly took care of Quagsire with 2 Icebeams and I switched back to Electabuzz and defeated Lapras with 2 Thunderbolts, but it felt like paralyzing and then almost defeating Electabuzz, so I had to sacrifice Rhydon (N would be proud) to fully restore Electabuzz before taking care of Starmie.

Dewgong took care of Brock's Graveler, Rhyhorn and Onix with a Surf each and then got replaced by Electabuzz, so that I can take out Omastar with 2 Thunderbolts. Electabuzz was pretty low then, so I switched to Rhydon and tried to 1hko Kabutops with Hammerharm, but it wasn't enough. Rhydon survived the Gigadrain, and I probably could have made it without and losses, but I didn't think about that and just used the remaining time to heal Electabuzz and then finish of Brock

Last edited:
ya got that back asswards bro
That was the opposite of what this challenge is about D: No broken rule though

NOTICE ME!!!
Pokemon Heartgold Harmonia Challenge Final(not so interesting) Update
I trained my Pokemon just 1 or 2 levels after I failed a couple of attempts at Blue, because I couldn't even touch some of his Pokemon, and tried again.I had a really fun battle where he switched out and I had to think a little bit, but sadly I lost that fight because my Rhydon was locked into Earthquake and his last Pokemon was Pidgeot :/ This one reminded me of an online battle, but it didn't work out for me. On the second attempt everything just worked like an average AI battle. I took out Exeggutor with a critical hit with Fly, which prevented him from using Trick Room (that thing was hell in my last fight). He brought out Arcanine, which I took out with 2 Surfs by Dewgong and surviving with orange HP. He switched over to Gyrados, but it got taken out by Electabuzz with Thunderbolt. For his Machamp I used Skarmory with Pluck, because Fly is a terrible idea against Machamp. Sadly it survived with red HP after a heal and took me out with a crit on Thunderpunch. I sent in Electabuzz to finish Machamp without taking further damage. His last Pokemon was Pidgeot, which somehow lived a Choice Specs boosted Thunderbolt and then almost defeated Electabuzz with ony hit, but luckily it survived and won the fight with 2 Thunderbolts after Blue's heal.

Pokemon

Rhydon lvl 50 with Lightningrod and Lax nature (Choice Scarf)
-Strenght
-Hammer Arm
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Skarmory lvl 53 with Sturdy and Lonely nature (King's Rock)
-Night Slash
-Steel Wing
-Pluck
-Fly

Dewgon lvl 53 with Thick Fat and Bold nature (NeverMelt Ice)
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Ice Shard
-Brine

Electabuzz lvl 53 with Static and Gentle nature (Choice Specs)
-Thunder Punch
-Thunderbolt
-Low Kick
-Swift

Feedback: I enjoyed the challenge while I still was in Johto, but the Grinding for the last part was just way too much. I spent 57 hours on this state and most of it was just walking back and forth and pressing A a couple of times while watching a video or something. The concept of it is really interesting and made you think ahead a lot and really limited your Pokemon choice. A downside in the ruleset is, that you can sacrifice your Pokemon, which is something N would never do, but I think it's hard to implement this somewhere. I'll maybe play this challenge on a different version, but I wouldn't recommend it for G/S/C/HG/SS

I just found out that I suck on Wedlocks... Missed Pokemon on 2 routes, screwed up gettting a Mareep, because I didn't catch that Bellsprout earlier and already lost 4 Pokemon and I'm only at Ilex Forest...

Last edited:
Hi guys. I made a challenge during junior year but then highschool punched me in the face and I was unable to complete my challenge. I also lost my original game so I am unable to continue it. I'll take any challenge in pokemon emerald.

Last edited:
Yep, I remember you. Welcome back t' the forums amigo. =)

Do ya have any experience with a Nuzlocke? If so, I'd definitely recommend a No Item/Nuzlocke Combined Challenge, or the Wedlocke Challenge. After doin' the latter myself and thoroughly enjoyin' it I decided I'd add it to the official Challenge line-up... though it's not listed yet, I've been lax on keepin' things updated since activity is low lol.

Both are incredibly difficult Challenges in two unique ways. The former is dangerously unforgiving ('n wears on your nerves 'til you have a bike/running shoes) and requires some serious strategic forethought to complete. The latter limits your options severely and forces you to constantly improvise, often leadin' you into regrettable-but-necessary decisions... if you're not careful, it's also easy t' put yourself in an inescapably bad situation.

If ya don't have any Nuzlocke experience, I'd certainly recommend doin' a standard fare Nuzlocke... or just a regular ol' Combined Challenge. Somethin' difficult though, like No Item/Scramble/Monotype.

I have beaten the nuzlocke challenge, though I've never done it in emerald. I have the most experience in emerald though, being my favorite game.

Then I'd recommend one'a the first two Challenges I mentioned, assumin' you're not sick of Nuzlockes.

I'll do a nuzlocke speed challenge then. Hope to god I don't lose though. That'd be embarrassing lol

Actually, the Speed Challenge is incompatible with all other Challenges. The purpose of said Challenge is t' speed run for the best time, and makin' the Challenge more difficult essentially defeats the purpose of a speed run.

In that case, I'll go for a single/scramble challenge. I'm tempted to throw in unevolve too, but that seems a bit over the top for my taste, at least as of now. Maybe next time. So what pokemon should I use? I'll play normally up until I can get it, and then only use that one.

The RNG Goddess assigns ya Steelix for your Challenge.

... 'Less you lack the means to trade over an Onix egg, in which case ya get Shiftry instead. Good luck, and may you avoid Bug-types as though they were the plague. Make sure ya read General Rules, if you haven't already, 'fore startin' your Challenge.

Back