The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

If ya weren't a mobile user, I'd slap ya for such a short final update lol. Proof ain't needed ('cept for absolutely ridiculous Speed Challenge times). Welcome t' the Hall of Fame, bro.

I'll delete my post.

only mods can delete posts lol

I'll take a No Items/Unevolved Nuzlocke challenge in FireRed. Also, what I meant by saying "I deleted the post" was that I edited the post to say something else.

I have a question regarding my Harmonia challenge. I get Kyogre before beating the 8th gym, but I would much rather use it for the E4. Is that possible, or do I have to use Kyogre for gym 8 if I want to use it?

Since you're forced to catch it 'fore beating the 8th gym, ya can't use it for the E4.

Alright so I can't find my game but I'm also bored and lazy so I'll just do the challenge on emerald lol.

Crobat, with moves: Air Slash, Poison Famg, Leech Life, and Astonish. I'll also give you Krookadile, with moves: Crunch, Earthquake, Foul Play, and Outrage.

Gothitelle

- Charm

2. Please do NOT assign useless or ineffective moves i.e. Splash or Charm. Also, please do not assign too many moves that are obviously not as good as other obtainable moves, i.e. Ember instead of Flame Burst. Moves that use a Pokemon's (notably) weaker attacking stat are also not allowed, i.e. giving a Rampardos Special attacks or giving an Alakazam Physical attacks.

The Karp derped :p I think Charm is alright though.

@Glomperful
Could you replace Leech Life and/or Astonish with something a little bit better? 20/30 power is pretty close to useless :/

herpa****ingderp y the hell did i list charm as a useless attack ._.;

Speakin' of useless attacks, Leech Life and Astonish indeed fall under Moveset Challenge's second rule, which bans shitty moves. Glomperful, please do replace those two moves with somethin' better.

20 less base Sp.A than an already average Atk stat doesn't matter much, but when compared to Acrobatics specifically, ya do have a point. I personally would've given Acrobatics over Air Slash since the Challenge itself is difficult (... and Crobat sucks).

But I wouldn't blatantly overrule Air Slash since it's not useless. 60-80 BP is kind'a where Moveset Challenge attacks tend to end up, right behind the most optimal moves. Furthermore, lucktown can use Acrobatics 'til level 52 anyways. It's really just a sort of end-game limitation. As such, Air Slash is fine.

Stop bashing Crobat :( I like it... Air Slash isn't the best choice by far, but I probably won't get to that point anyways. Not sure how high the levels are on Black 2 though

Last edited:
I wasn't claiming that Air Slash is useless, just that the rule states not to give moves for the notably weaker offensive stat. But I do see your point. Base 70 SpA definitely isn't bad and the flinch chance from Air Slash is pretty nice after all. I just wasn't sure how much "notably weaker" was

Back