The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

XU UPDATE

After Lysandre was beaten, I went back to the pokecentre to heal everyone after the battle, then went back to Lysandre's lab. I beat everyone in my way as I fought to get the elevator key. Once I got it, I went down to B2 and listened to AZ's story. Then I went to B3 and activated the Ultimate Weapon by pressing the red button (not that it matters what button you press). I flew to Geosenge Town and attempted to beat Lysandre in the Team Flare base. It didn't turn out very well and his Pyroar destroyed my team again. Thus time I actually did a bit of grinding and got everyone to level 60. I challenged him again and managed to beat him with only Woobat. I set up 1 Calm Mind against Mienshao before KOing it. Then I got another 5 Calm Minds against Pyroar and OHKOed everyone after that.
I went down the bottom floor, destroying every Team Flare member on the way with the help of Serena. I beat the 4 at the bottom easily and then battled Xerneas. I threw my Master Ball on the first turn so I could trade it over to Y.
This Lysandre battle went much better than the other ones. I actually managed to beat him on the first try. Mienshao and Pyroar lost in the same way that they did in the previous battle. Mega Gyarados KOed Woobat though :(. I switched Bulbasaur in and 2-hit it with Seed Bomb. I can't remember who else he had on his team, but they weren't too much trouble.

Once that was done, I went as fast as I could to Snowbelle City, stopping for a battle with Sycamore in Couriway Town. Once I got to Snowbelle, I went to the Pokemon Village to find Wulfric so I could challenge him. It was an easy battle that Fennekin handled by himself.
Since I then had 8 badges, I went to Victory Road and [strike]got lost[/strike] went sight-seeing, somehow managing to make it out in the correct place.
I flew back to route 2 to catch someone to use to fly as I didn't want Woobat having Fly for the League. I fixed everyone's movesets and trained everyone up to level 71 (because that was the level Fennekin was at) and enetered the Pokemon League

TEAM UPDATE

PANPOUR Lv. 71
-Cut
-Crunch
-Acrobatics
-Waterfall

SANDILE Lv. 71 @ King's Rock
-Crunch
-Rock Tomb
-Thrash
-Earthquake

WOOBAT Lv. 71 @ Mind Plate
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball

AMAURA Lv. 71 @ Icicle Plate
-Thunderbolt
-Return
-Ancient Power
-Blizzard

BULBASAUR Lv. 71 @ Leftovers
-Synthesis
-Seed Bomb
-
Strength
-Venoshock

FENNEKIN Lv. 71 @ Sitrus Berry
-Psyshock
-Flamethrower
-Fire Blast

-Psychic

The final update will be coming later on today. If I don't lose that is. Then I'll probably finish off my Harmonia Challenge.

Last edited:
Malva
Seeing as Malva is the fire-type Elite Four member, I led with Panpour. Pyroar used Hyper Voice which took Panpour down to 15 HP who then retaliated with Waterfall which didn’t do enough to knock it out. On the next turn Pyroar was healed and I switched out to Amaura. Pyroar used Noble Roar and Amaura used Ancient Power which, because of the lowered Atk and SpA, did less than 50%. After a few more Ancient Powers, Pyroar was defeated.
She sent out Torkoal and I switched to Sandile because Amaura and Panpour were at really low health. With the first Earthquake I used, I got a flinch thanks to the King’s Rock. One more and Torkoal was gone.
As Malva sent out Talonflame I switched to Bulbasaur to try and get her to use Flare Blitz as well as needing to heal the rest of my pokemon. Talonflame used Flare Blitz and I healed Amaura. Unfortunately Bulbasaur couldn’t survive to heal another pokemon. It used another Flare Blitz against Amaura, who took it like a boss and hit back with its last Ancient Power.
I switched to Sandile for Chandelure. Sandile was knocked out by a Flamethrower so I went into Panpour again, hoping to out speed it. It didn’t work. Woobat was able to get in a Shadow Ball before being KOed. I used Fennekin to revive Woobat and Shadow Ball didn’t do enough to knock it out, but it did do enough to make Fennekin use its Sitrus Berry. On the next turn I revived Panpour and Fennekin survived another Shadow Ball thanks to Pokémon-Amie and I used Fennekin’s final turn to heal Panpour back to full health. Woobat came in and KOed Chandelure with another Shadow Ball, signalling the end of the battle with Malva.

Siebold
For this battle I led with Bulbasaur for obvious reasons. He led with Clawitzer. I used 1 X Sp. Def and 2 X Attacks, healing whenever necessary. I then OHKOed Clawitzer using Seed Bomb.
I stayed in against the Starmie against my better judgement and for some reason it used Light Screen and I KOed it with another Seed Bomb.
Gyarados was next. It used Dragon Dance but I only did about 35% with Seed Bomb and got knocked out with Ice Fang. I sent out Amaura and got OHKOed by Waterfall. Against Woobat, Gyarados used Dragon Dance again while Woobat used Psychic. Gyarados used Ice Fang and Woobat somehow survived it and beat it with another Psychic.
I switched to Panpour for his Barbaracle and hit it with a Waterfall which did hardly anything so I revived Bulbasaur on the next turn. On the next turn I healed Bulbasaur back to full health as Panpour was knocked out. Bulbasaur came in and took the rest of Barbaracle’s health with a Seed Bomb.

Drasna
For Drasna I used Amaura initially to help deal with all the dragons I would face. I used Return, which was now an Ice-type attack due to Refrigerate, which one hit the Dragalgae.
Against Druddigon I used Blizzard to avoid Rough Skin damage.
Altaria was easily beaten with a Return even though it used Cotton Guard.
Noivern got in a Dragon Pulse before being taken out by another Return.

Wikstrom
Sandile vs. Klefki. That was the initial matchup for this battle. One Earthquake and a Moxie boost later, the matchup was Sandile / Aegislash (which is currently my favourite pokemon).
I considered using Crunch but decided against it as it’s not as powerful as Earthquake and I also didn’t want to make direct contact just in case it used King’s Shield. Turns out it was a good choice as Aegislash used King’s Shield. EQ hit on the next turn but didn’t do enough to KO Aegislash in Shield Forme. It then proceeded to change to Blade Forme and use Sacred Sword. I sent out Fennekin to get revenge and it hit Aegislash just after it was healed, successfully getting its revenge.
I switched to Bulbasaur for the Probopass as I didn’t want Fennekin to get hit with a Rock-type move. Seed Bomb didn’t do much so I used the next turn to heal Sandile and brought him in once Bulbasaur was out of the way (I’d be terrible with Nuzlockes). It took an Earthquake to take out Probopass and as Scizor was sent in, I switched to Fennekin.
It only took 1 Flamethrower to beat Scizor and finish the battle.

Diantha
A bit of research (‘cause I don’t remember) led me to the knowledge that she leads with Hawlucha. To counter this I led with Woobat. I used Psychic but it hit me with Poison Jab first and poisoned me too, but that was the only thing it did this battle as it was knocked out immediately afterwards. Woobat then surprised me by ‘expelling the poison so Jordan wouldn’t have to worry’.
I switched to Sandile for Tyrantrum and used Earthquake. It did enough to 2-hit but not so much that Diantha would heal on the next turn. It used Dragon Claw and almost KOed Sandile. Another EQ and Tyrantrum was gone.
As she sent out Goodra, I went to Amaura and tried to use Return. Unfortunately Goodra used Focus Blast and OHKOed Amaura. I went into Panpour to exploit its lower Defence. I used Acrobatics while it used Dragon Pulse. It did just over half and I did just under half. We used the same attacks again and Panpour held on thanks to Pokémon-Amie, allowing him to KO with Acrobatics next turn.
Aurorus was next. I stayed using Panpour and used Waterfall. I was a bit disappointed when it didn’t KO Aurorus, but was happy when I got a flinch with it. It was healed as I used another Waterfall and this time got a critical hit!
I went to Bulbasaur as she sent out Gourgeist, hoping to hit its lower special defence with a STAB super effective Venoshock. It used Trick-or-Treat, giving me a ghost type and then hitting me with Phantom Force when it could. I sent out Fennekin and burnt it with Flamethrower, leaving only her Gardevoir, probably the biggest threat to me.
I went to Woobat and used Shadow Ball, doing about 25% before losing to a Thunderbolt. I went to Panpour and was immediately shot down by another Thunderbolt. Fennekin was used to revive Woobat and Panpour. Woobat and Panpour both fell to another Thunderbolt and Sandile, my final pokemon, fell to Moonblast…

I will try again soon but my update won't be nearly as detailed as this one.

Edit: Oh wow. I just realised that this post and my previous post were posted EXACTLY 12 hours apart! At least, that's what it's saying on my screen

Last edited:
Pokemon Soulsilver Harmonia Challenge
The Victory Road was as easy as it usually is and I even beat the rival without loss. All my Pokemon were lvl 45 by then, because I thought the E4 had higher levels, so it was easier than I expected, especially with the op team I had. I did a test run where my Dragonair wasn't evolved yet and I wanted the training to be quicker and actually would have managed to beat Lance, but I wanted to try the last fight without any healing. Then I evolved my Dragonair, which wasn't that much work, since I still had 4 Rare Candies. Gyrados and Lugia were lvl 46 and Dragonite lvl 55 when I entered, so this actually was rather boring (that's what happens if you do other things while training your Pokemon. At least that made the grinding less boring, but I'll try to keep my next team as low as possible)
I started with Gyrados to defeat the Xatu with Ice Fang. I did the same for his second Xatu, but I defeated the rest with Dragonite and Dragon Rush.
For Koga I started with Lugia and kept it in the whole time. I defeated his bug type Pokemon with Aeroblast and just spammed Extrasensory and the Pokemon that did't faint in one hit Flinched, because Lugia also was holding King's Rock (which didn't do anything according to Bulbapedia, so I got really lucky there).
For Bruno I started with Lugia again, but Aeroblast couldn't OHKO anything, so it didn't matter what I used. I got another Flinch with Aeroblast on Machamp and then I took out Onix with Gyrados.
For the next fight I lead with Gyrados. Umbreon was pretty annoying with double team and Confuse Ray, so I had to attack 5 times to hit it twice... It attacked with Darkpulse and Gyrados hit itself, so this was the first time I had to heal. For Vileblume I switched to Lugia, but I defeated the rest with Gyrados and Waterfall. I barely took any hits, because I always attacked first with Choice Scarf and they sometimes flinched because of Waterfall.
I already taught Lugia Dragon Pulse from my last attempt, so my full team was made to defeat Lance. I took away the Choice Scarf from Gyrados and gave it the Amulet Coin (money=power). Lugia got the Choice Specs and Dragonite kept its Dragon Fang. I lead with Dragonite and defeated his Gyrados with Thunder, but I missed the first time, so it did quite a lot of damage with Ice Fang (not that much because it was overleveled). He sent out his first Dragonite and I switched to Gyrados to set up a few Dragon Dances, but I just remembered that his Dragonite also has Thunder, so I switched back to mine and defeated it with Dragon Rush. I tried to set up a Dragon Dance and sweep the rest of his team with Gyrados on his second Dragonite, but I got critted by Dragon Rush, so there goes my first loss in the E4. I switched to Lugia and used Dragon Pulse to defeat the Dragonite. For Aerodactyl I used my Dragonite (it's getting confusing) with Waterfall. Lugia also defeated his final Dragonite with Dragon Breath. I wanted to get revenge for my Gyrados, so I set up 6 Dragon Dances and even wasted a Hyper Potion for this before taking out Charizard with Waterfall and even got a crit. That's what I call overkill :D

Then I caught a Rhyhorn in the Victory Road for my Kanto team.

Champion Team:
(I had 5 moves that can make the opponent flinch. Kinda frustrating to fight against I guess)

Dragonite lvl 56 with Inner Focus and Jolly nature (Dragon Fang)
-Thunder
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Dragon Rage

Gyrados lvl 47 with Intimidate and Lonely nature (most of the time with Coice Scarf)
-Ice Fang
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance
-Hyperbeam (Just because it's cooler than Hydro Pump)

Lugia lvl 49 with Pressure and Hardy nature (King's Rock/Choice Specs)
-Extrasensory
-Dragon Pulse
-Hydro Pump
-Aeroblast

Kanto Team so far:
Rhyhron lvl 35 with Lightningrod and Lax nature ()
-Strenght
-Scary Face
-Rock Blast
-Earthquake

The Pokedex that I use to look things up already is about half filled, so I'll be able to give out Pokemon and Movesets, too. At the moment I can't see everything, but I could give you a team if you want to

Last edited:
:lol: I was writing that as I was playing so I wasn't paying very much attention to exactly what I was writing. I did mean to type fire-type, I don't know why I wrote water. It probably has something to do with Panpour. Anyway, it's fixed now

FINAL POKEMON X UNEVOLVED CHALLENGE UPDATE

Elite Four

These battles all went much better than my previous try since I had learned from my mistakes and successes.

Diantha
I led with Woobat again for the same reason as my previous attempt. Hawlucha Poison Jabbed and Woobat countered with Psychic.
I went to Sandile for Tyrantrum and used Earthquake while it Dragon Claw. This time Earthquake did enough for Diantha to heal but I got lucky with a critical hit.
This time for Goodra I used Woobat and just spammed Calm Mind. I got all six up and only had to heal twice. I then used an X Speed in hopes that it would allow me to out speed Mega Gardevoir when the time comes. At +6 it only took one Psychic to beat Goodra.
Aurorus met the same fate, losing to a single Psychic.
I used Shadow Ball on the Gourgeist just to be safe. Not that I doubted that Psychic would KO.
Then came the threat, Gardevoir. Then the worst thing happened, it Traced Woobat’s Unaware, making all of my stat boost useless. I pressed on, hoping that I would somehow be able to come out on top. I used Shadow Ball and it totally destroyed M.Gardevoir? I was really confused by that until I realised that when Gardevoir mega evolves, it gets Pixelate instead of whatever ability it had previously!
And that concluded my battle with Diantha! However, my challenge was not over. There was one more hurdle I had to overcome.

AZ
He sent out his Torkoal. I used Air Slash and got a flinch. Another Air Slash and Torkoal was out of the way.
I switched to Sandile as he sent out Golurk and OHKOed it with a Crunch.
I stayed in against the Sigilyph as I had just gotten a Moxie boost and didn’t want to waste it. Though I would’ve kept Sandile in anyway. It only took one Crunch to KO Sigilyph and conclude my Pokémon X Unevolved Challenge!

Now that this challenge is completed, I'll be working on my Harmonia Challenge, but probably not for a while as I have exams coming up next week and I should really be studying for them.

[strike]I'll probably play anyway. I'm a terrible procrastinator. And by terrible I mean I'm really good at it, which is a really bad thing.[/strike]

Last edited:
Pokemon Soulsilver Harmonia Challenge
To complete my team I caught a Skarmory and a Seel <3. Skarmory and Seel were really low level compared to the trainers on the ship, so most of the times Rhyhorn had to take over. Lt. Surge's Pokemon were 10 levels higher than my Rhyhorn, but usually they couldn't do much against me. Earthquake took care of his Pokemon pretty well. Magneton missed its Mirror Shot and I knocked it out, so I thought this battle was won, but one of the Electrodes hit me with Screech, so Rhyhorn almost died to Low Kick by Electabuzz. It barely survived with 5 hp, so I switched out to Skarmory to heal Rhyhorn and restore its defense stat and then took it out with a few Earthquakes, while he was trying to heal it. His last Electrode was pretty annoying with Double Team and I almost ran out of Earthquake's PP, but luckily my last Earthquake got it to red hp and he didn't heal it anymore.

Pokemon

Rhyhorn lvl 39 with Lightningrod and Lax nature ()
-Strenght
-Horn Drill (I will never be able to use it, because its level is too low :( )
-Rock Blast
-Earthquake

Skarmory lvl 29 with Sturdy and Lonely nature ()
-Agility
-Fury Attack
-Spikes
-Fly

Seel lvl 26 with Thick Fat and Bold nature (Choice Specs)
-Icy Wind
-Surf
-Ice Shard
-Rest

Gardevoir Traced Woobat’s Unaware, making all of my stat boost useless. I pressed on, hoping that I would somehow be able to come out on top. I used Shadow Ball and it totally destroyed M.Gardevoir? I was really confused by that until I realised that when Gardevoir mega evolves, it gets Pixelate instead of whatever ability it had previously!

lol @ non-battle maison ai

Congratulations on beatin' another Challenge, 'n all that jazz.

Does the rule of defeating the gym leaders in the right order still apply to Kanto? You're not going by badge numbers anymore anyways and I'd like to safe Sabrina for the end...

Last edited:
Depends if there's no official order for collectin' Kanto badges in Johto games... s'pose there ain't, besides fightin' Surge first and Green last.

nope.avi

My AC:IV obsession has come to an end, nor has my Monster Hunter craze lasted through this long break, so it's back t' my Challenges for me.

Platinum - Scramble Update

- Ascended Mt. Coronet and gave that dumb ol' megalomaniac what was coming to 'em.
- Descended to Sunyshore and lolowned Volkner's entire gym with just Gastrodon.
- Skipped literally like 20 trainers on my way to and through Victory Road.
- Owned the Elite Four, though Flint was a close call... sun-boosted Flare Blitz is scary stuff.
- The RNG Goddess gave me her blessing despite the long break from my Challenge, and Gastrodon finished her Garchomp off with but 1 HP remaining. Challenge complete w00t!

The team is as follows.

Drifblim @ Choice Specs, Aftermath, Gentle, Lv. 57

T-bolt
Esplosion
Fly
Shadow Ball

Drifblim proved to be incredibly useful this playthrough. Whenever I sorely needed to sponge an attack, it's immense HP was there t' ensure it wouldn't be 2HKO'd. Bar somethin' like a STAB Stone Edge... but 'ey, that's where the also-bulky Gastrodon comes in. It's attack stats were disappointing, but Specs at least let it 2HKO a lot of things that weren't quite as bulky as itself, and OHKO most things it hit super effective. Never found a use for Explosion sadly, but that's 'cause it's just a tad too slow.

Toxicroak @ Fist Plate, Dry Skin, Adamant, Lv. 57

Ice Pawnch
Queen Anne's Revenge
Sucker Pawnch
Poison Jab

Toxicroak was my damage dealer, but she disappointed time and again by missin' crucial OHKOs... 'specially in the late game today. Oh, and everythin' in the E4 that she can threaten ****in' has a Fire-type or Psychic-type move... ._.; I think Toxicroak is useful in-game, but in this Generation, maybe not so much. In XY I imagine it'd be quite effective as a Fairy-type killer, but only if the opposin' Fairy isn't fast. 'Cause let me tell ya, Toxicroak's bulk sure let me down quite a bit, super-effective moves or not. :lol:

Gastrodon @ Soft Sand, Sticky Hold, Sassy, Lv. 59

Surf
Rock Slide
E-Quake
Ice Beam

Gastrodon proved to be the most useful of my Pokes. Not because of the decent bulk, but because of her grand typing. Swampert is far better in-game for a variety of reasons, but Gastrodon still held her own. STAB Surfquake is 2 gud. With only Grass-types to fear, her synergy with my other two Pokes allowed her to play an excellent defensive pivot role in my three-Poke core. Really would'a liked to of had Water Absorb instead in a shitton of circumstances, but Water-types be damned regardless. Never proved to be an unbeatable challenge.

Despite my expectations for Toxicroak not bein' met, it was a fun Scramble regardless. Likely never would've used a Drifblim ever otherwise, and perhaps not a Toxicroak neither. But bleh @ Gastrodon (I've used many a [better] Water-type, as well as Swampert, many times).

Last edited:
The rules have been updated!​

The following rulesets have been modified: General Rules

Rules changed: #4

Rules added: None

Please read any and all rule adjustments/additions, regardless of whether or not they pertain to any current Challenge(s) you're playing or planning.

T'is a small exception I in no way should've forgotten about given my status as an Eeveelution fan, as well as the fact I used a Sylveon myself. herpderp

Rule changes aside, I've been wantin' to play through Y for an Age(islash) now. I've also been rarin' to give Wedlocke a shot, and now that I've completed a Challenge for the first time in awhile, I figure the time's right. Won't get me into any Hall of Fame, but I couldn't care less. If y'all don't know what a Wedlocke is, it's a Nuzlocke variant which is considerably harder. One that'l be good fun, I reckon.

In addition to the standard fare rules, I won't be releasing any Pokes 'less they get KO'd. Makes thing much easier if you can release shitty Pokes whenever ya want, which obviously defeats the point. Also, I'm not counting any encounters with Pokes I used in my X playthrough, much as I wouldn't mind usin' another Lucario. No skipping routes via Repels neither, 'cause then I'd be given too much choice for what I can catch. Lastly, I'll also turn off Exp. Share. That way I'm required t' arrange my team around and deal with whatever issues may come up from battling with certain pairs.

first update w00t

Much as I love the Fennekin evolution line, I've no intent t' use one again, so I chose my second favorite Gen 6 starter: Froakie. Don't like it prior to evolution, but once it does evolve I say Frogadier and especially Greninja are bloody cool. Unlike my usual Challenges, I'm actually gonna nickname Pokes for once. Definitely gonna regret it, but oh well. Froakie's nickname was actually somethin' I decided on 'fore I got my hands on it: "Dart". 10% in reference to the Poison Dart frog, 90% in reference to the Ninja-exclusive ability in Final Fantasy. I don't understand how that reference came to mind since I've only beaten VII and X, but whatever, good enough nickname I reckon.

... But what do ya know, the Froakie is a ****in' female. Wrench in my plans already, fantastic. Since Final Fantasy was on my mind, I went with the next [STRIKE]best[/STRIKE] worst ninja nickname: "Yuffie". And no, I don't like said character from FFVII. Who does lol. Lackluster and unoriginal nickname aside, it is by chance a Modest nature (with 'Karp-awful IVs, mind you), so I can't really complain.

Managed t' derp my way through Route 2 and Santalune Forest without runnin' into anythin' but a female Pidgey, meaning I wasn't forced to capture an unsavory partner for Yuffie. Good news, as my starter bein' female lets me pair it with that there event Torchic since I never ran into an applicable partner. Fire/Water core w00t! Two starters as a pair, one of which has a Modest nature. Lady luck smiles upon me in-so-far. Said Fire-type can't get a nickname since I don't own it, but that's probably for the best. I'd probably give it a Fawful Bruce Lee reference for a nickname or somethin'...

Obviously had no trouble burnin' Viola to a crisp thanks to Torchic, not that I would've needed more than Yuffie anyways. Bug Badge get! With that done, I quickly headed off to Lumiose t' slap Professor Tree's starters around, then makin' like Silver and nabbin' one. I like Blastoise and Venusaur 'bout the same, so I chose Bulbasaur since I already had the other two types, and already used a Charizard in X. As with Yuffie, I came up with it's nickname almost instantaneously: "Erla". Bulbasaur's fusion between 'mon and plant reminded me of Skyward Sword's Kikwi, which are also rather ambiguous as to whether they're best classified as fauna, or flora. Chose to steal the Kikwi Erla's name since I loves me a good Earl Grey tea (in case ya didn't know, the Kikwi's names are all tea references... can't say I was ever clever enough t' notice). On that note, coffee > tea.

Oh, and take a look at Erla's IVs.

HP 31
Att 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Def 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
SpA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
SpD 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Speed 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29

Absurd, yeah? That's somethin' else for a random Poke. Anyways, with my third starter obtained, I needed a female Poke t' go with it, so I returned to Route 4 and derped in the grass. Reason I waited to catch somethin' here was 'cause I wanted to avoid finding a male Combee at all costs. Can't blame me for that, yeah?

Didn't find a bug type though. Instead, I ran into a female Ralts. No complaints truth be told, I was hopin' I'd get a Fairy-type, none the less one I like. I'd rather have a Gallade honestly, but 'ey, Gardevoir is great too. Shockingly, despite the fact I'm god-awful when it comes to naming, her nickname was the only one so far that made me actually think hard. I went with "Keiko" after a few minutes of ponderin'. T'is an old reference to a very long story I've no intent on yappin' on about, this post is long enough as is... and so is my playtime. Figured I'd end the session here, even if I progressed very little. Didn't exactly speed run through my X playthrough neither. The team is as follows.

Yuffie (Frogadier), Torrent, Modest, Lv. 16

Lick
Water Pulse
Bubble

Quick Attack

&

Torchic @ Blazikenite, Speed Boost, Naive, Lv. 15

Scratch
Growl
Roxas, Focus! Energy
Ember

Erla (Bulbasaur) @ Venuaurite, Overgrow, Naive, Lv. 10

Tackle
Growlithe
Leech Seed
Vine Whip

&

Keiko (Ralts), Synchronize, Docile, Lv. 8

Growl
Confusion

This team looks too good t' be true for a Nuzlocke, don't it... ?

Challenge accepted. The RNG demands you use a Magikarp (no, I ain't jokin')... but, uh, I can only imagine you'll pass on usin' somethin' so overpowered. Instead, I'll give ya the RNG's next best choice: Anorith, with the following moveset.

- Fury Cutter
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Hone Claws/Swords Dance

The boosting move is your choice. +2 in one turn rather than two will obviously be make or break late-game, but so will your STAB moves' imperfect accuracy.

Y - W Update

After carefully trainin' Keiko up a fair bit, I got on with plotstuff and caught me a Snorlax. Named 'em "Joe", in reference to how America's average Joe ain't a good representation of healthy eatin' habits. Only took four Luxury Balls to nab 'em (Return is gonna be gnarly post-haste), but I actually had a really close call catchin' 'em. A critical hit Tackle he landed after I used an X Defend left Erla with just 1 HP. Would'a been so sad. T'is a good thing Joe didn't have an Attack-boostin' nature... ... ...

Derped in the Battle Chateau for monies and Exp. to evolve Keiko ASAP, then moved on to Connecting Cave and caught the one thing I really didn't want: a Whismur. =/ Axew would've been uber-potent, Meditite resists Joe's only weakness and is also uber-potent, and while Crobat ain't exactly the best thing ever, it at least resisted Fighting a mighty 4x... but instead I get another Normal-type, one which was wholly inferior both now and in the long run. It also has an Adamant nature, and thus a Boomburst that's probably WEAKER than Joe's Return. so much sadfaec right meow

... But what can ya do, t'is a Nuzlocke for ya. Named 'er "Mono", half 'cause Shadow of the Colossus is winnage, half 'cause it has to do with sound. Shortly after, I encountered a trainer with a Lv. 19 Pancham that could potentially OHKO Joe since he was still lv. 15. ._.; My doubling up on types issue with this pair ALREADY has come to pass, bloody hell. I've no intent on riskin' Joe for the sake of Mono, so a sacrificial Uproar allowed Joe to just barely finish it off with a Tackle, a two-hit Arm Thrust puttin' Joe at half health prior. So that's the first death already. Grand. Mono lived up to her namesake and is a dead character.

I already caught a Wingull on the route, so I needed t' either backtrack to a previous area where I've not caught anythin', or press on and get somethin' on the Route outside Glimmering Cave. Hippowdon would be pretty good, but a Sandile or Helioptile both have a Fighting-type weakness, so nope.avi. I could smash rocks in Ambrette town to get a Dwebble, but I really didn't want a Binacle. 10% 'cause it's Fighting-type weak, 90% 'cause I hate it. I reviewed my other options, and decided t' go with somethin' tried and true... a Magikarp. ;D

Caught it on Route 3, and nicknamed it Karpy in honor of a certain artist. Then back-tracked to everywhere else in order t' catch things and get 'em in my PC. Didn't find much worth mentionin', but I did nab a Venipede. If the worst happens and another teammate gets offed, Venipede is a definite replacement candidate.

Anyways, that's it for the update. Lots of text, little that actually happened. bad habit lol

Karpy (?!?!?!?) @ Amulet Coin, Careful, Lv. 15

- Splish
- Splash
- Splosh
- Hop

Despite the broken moveset, it's IVs are 'Karp-awful...

&

Joe (Snorlax) @ Rocky Helment, Bashful, Lv. 17

- Chip Away
- Rock Smash
- Amnesia
- Lick

So broken early-game now that it has a 70 BP STAB move.

Yuffie (Frogadier) @ Oran Berry, Torrent, Modest, Lv. 19

Lick
Water Pulse
Bubble

Quick Attack

&

Combusken @ Oran Berry, Speed Boost, Naive, Lv. 20

Double Kick
Peck
Hone Claws
Ember

Erla (Ivysaur) @ Miracle Seed, Overgrow, Naive, Lv. 20

Nature Power
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Razor Leaf

&

Keiko (Kirlia) @ Oran Berry, Synchronize, Docile, Lv. 20

Growl
Confusion
Double Team (saved her life once when fighting a Kadabra [while still unevolved])
Thief (didn't learn this 'til after barely defeating said Kadabra...)

I'm a tad disheartened I've already lost a 'mon only one badge in. Only other Poke I've lost in a Nuzlocke was during my (still incomplete) Emerald Nuzlocke/Scramble, my Swampert. Was from a crit in the seventh gym IIRC.

Back