The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

That was just an exaggeration. Articuno 'n the not-mentioned Sneasel are some'a my favorite Ice-types, whereas the two I specifically insulted most assuredly are not. Everythin' else is in the middle: I'm indifferent to 'em. Seel and Dewgong included.

And while I sure as **** don't like Jynx's design, honerable mention to it as I can at least appreciate the odd cultural phenomenon behind it.

I've trying to avoid saying ****! You mean I could have been saying it the whole time?

such a shame :p. I swear like a 'strayian.

There're other censored words, such as cunt.

Yeah they put so much thought into some of those Pokemon... and then some parents just butchered it

On the topic of Jynx, ya can't really blame foreigners for forging controversy where there is none. It's the same as the TCG's swastika-but-not-really controversy: things which coincide with perfectly normal Japanese culture can be (incorrectly) attributed with somethin' negative in a place where that culture isn't relevant. Your average American most assuredly does not know about Japanese fashion, nor the swastika's origins. It's only natural that a phenomenon as big as Pokemon, which comes from a place half way 'round the world, would be misinterpreted on a massive scale.

also jynx's design has no thought in it lol

haven't been playing for the past little while. Been busy getting settled into my new desktop. well new to me.

No worries, no worries. If you're too busy or ain't enjoyin' your Challenge, no one will spit fire at ya for leavin' 'em idle. I myself have four Challenges on hold, currently. :lol:

Challenge completed. Speed run of FireRed finished at 2:39:56, as always I have photos to show off to my friends and for any proof that may be required. All I really did was copy [video=youtube;XuFfLtX4rWA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=XuFfLtX4rWA[/video] to the best of my ability until I beat my best time. Sorry it took so long, studying for AP's among other things can take quite a long time. That being said, I'd like to sign up for a scramble challenge in HeartGold.
Edit: Link isn't showing, even after I tried editting it in again. If you really want to see the video, it's by Werster and was completed in 2:07:11

Last edited:
Pokemon Black 2 No Item/Scramble/Moveset Challenge, Update 4
I think the last thing I did was defeating Team Plasma for the first time after the PWT. My Pokemon are incredibly underleveled, so I actually had problems while going through the electric cave, but I managed to do it without black outs and finally evolved Gothita to get something useful. Skyla would have been near impossible, because I had no type advantage and couldn't even have hit Skarmory with a decent damaging move, but luckily I found Zebstrika (forgot that I could get it here) and named it FuzzBuzz. It was able to easily solo her and even got a bit lucky on the paralyze.

Karp (Crobat) lvl 33 with Brave nature and Inner Focus

-Confuse Ray
-Bite

-Fly
-Acrobatics

Schnappi (Krokorok) lvl 32 with Bashful nature and Moxie
-Bite
-Swagger
-Crunch
-Sand Tomb

Sonic (Sandslash) lvl 33 with Modest nature and Sand Veil
-Crush Claw
-Dig
-Magnitude
-Fury Swipes

Rudolph (Deerling) lvl 31 with Mild nature and Sap Sipper
-Jump Kick
-Leech Seed
-Faint Attack
-Aromatherapy

Gothorita (Gothita) lvl 30 with Hardy nature and Frisk
-Flatter
-Futuresight
-Psybeam
-Psyshock

FuzzBuzz (Zebstrika) lvl 35 with Impish nature and Lightningrod
-Flame Charge
-Pursuit
-Spark
-Stomp

White Outs:1

On another note: Is there any good way to exchange friendcodes here? Seems like the thread for that died out...

Then go give the thread a Max Revive via posting. :p

Challenge completed. Speed run of FireRed finished at 2:39:56

'Ey there Glomperful, welcome back. That's a ridiculously good time... excellently done. The lately-desolate Speed Challenge's Hall of Fame welcomes it lol.

I'd like to sign up for a scramble challenge in HeartGold.

Challenge accepted. If you get your team assigned within two days, I'll be able to trade 'em to ya 'fore Wi-Fi shuts down. I'll assign ya two Pokes later today.

Speaking of Wi-Fi shutting down, for those who've DS/Wii games they'd like to continue playin' online after the shutdown, I've just the thing for you. I'd click that link and read all of it the soonest possible moment ya can, as time is runnin' short.

****ing bugs

So I just for stuck in a tripple batttle, because I pressed Shift and only had 2 Pokemon and it wouldn't let me leave or switch in any Pokemon and had to softreset... Welcome back Skyla... I already got through Reverse Mountain and defeated my rival -.-

And what do you learn from that? Save your game frequently!!!

Last edited:
That's gotta suck lol. I haven't found a bug in ages, the last one being missingno in Yellow.
Edit: could somebody post some pokes for my scramble challenge so I can start? .___.

Back