Why I think PS3 will come out on top.

Did you know they used coke (the drug) in the old coca cola? They had to stop for obvious reasons.

Isnt that weird how Sony can, year after year, make a game thats awsome and have people say "Without that game, they would be nothing!" In fact, the top selling games to date have been PS originals, not sequals.

I would have kept that $500 price range, and ditched the $600 version. Nintendo shows you don't need a massive hard drive to sell units. I'd reduce the hard drive to 10gb, and use the extra room for ps1-2 ports. I would've opted for a DVD burner/player rather than a Blue Ray player. There are so many things they didn't put into the PS3, and still ended up with a huge price.

I'd make sure developers would not only sign on with the system, but remain exclusive. Without that, the customers can just buy an almost similar version at cheaper prices. Didn't they learn anything from Beta Max (which they invented)?

sagema said:
I would have kept that $500 price range, and ditched the $600 version. Nintendo shows you don't need a massive hard drive to sell units. I'd reduce the hard drive to 10gb, and use the extra room for ps1-2 ports. I would've opted for a DVD burner/player rather than a Blue Ray player. There are so many things they didn't put into the PS3, and still ended up with a huge price.

I'd make sure developers would not only sign on with the system, but remain exclusive. Without that, the customers can just buy an almost similar version at cheaper prices. Didn't they learn anything from Beta Max (which they invented)?

I would have kept the $599 price range... oh wait.. they did. Nintendo shows that you need a gimmick/incentive to buy an old tech system (wiimote). Nintendo shows that its possible to rely on the cheaper population of gamers. If I were sony I would have included an internal hard drive seperate, from the removable one so that gamers could buy their own and upgrade them to 200gigs for a few bucks on newegg.com. Yes, it uses PC hard drives, which is genius. The blue ray is needed and a DVD burner would only help piracy. Duh... so you want to make it easier to help pirates sagema? A dvd burner is a stupid idea. Piracy and DVDs is the reason so many games are on the internet right now. Blue ray makes piracy hard, which is why the developers love it, and the space that allows them to not have to get rid of stuff to ram it onto a disk that cant hold their original product. Blue ray is the best thing to happen to gaming in recent years.

Sony isnt losing exclusive, they are letting them go by not paying to keep them. Why pay to keep them when you dont need to?

As for betamax.. shows how much you really know. Wanna know what Sony learned? That the film industry loved and used the betamax tech and is still being used today by professionals who make movies. It was a success in Hollywood, but was lost to the consumer market. Those VHS movies were made with betamax/betacam tech and transfered over to VHS for the average consumer. Ouch, you got burned.

As for Blue ray. Blue ray isnt Sony.. Blue ray is Sony AND Disney AND Apple AND...ect read on the list. Blue ray is the child of 180 different companies that KNOW its needed.

sagema said:

That would be a good idea except people were buying the $600 version and not the $500. So if they cut out the $600 version, they would be selling less amd making less money. Plus you wouldnt have WiFi nd some other things.

Nintendo doesnt need a massive HDD cause they have a gimmick and a cheap last gen console.

10GB? Thats nice. Im putting a lot of movies/music on mine and if it had a DVD burner i would put even more on it. Plus the PS3 game can be stored on the HDD for faster loading. Then being able to install Linux on it. If haveing a massive HDD wasnt a big deal, Xbox 360 Elite wouldnt have a 120GB HDD.

What did they leave out of the PS3? I couldt think of anything that would be a significant add on.

360 games new are the same price as PS3 games new. Have you ever asked why your paying 60 bucks for a DVD? Its not new. Its not better. Its the same thing theyve been using for a while. Why are 360 games 60 bucks? Oh yea, because they can rip you off without question.

I didnt know you made games for a living. I would like to see your console.

PS3 will surely be on top, Wii owners don't you hate on me :lol:

PS1 and mostly PS2 were known to be the Gaming Consoles, they had many games with many genres... Everyone played PS2, and I mean everyone...
If you go ask on the streets what is the best console out here, the most answers you'll get will be: "PS2... I don't know who the others are".
If you go ask on the streets what is the console that you play the most, the most answers you'll get will be: "I don't play anyone, but my son has a PS2, and he likes it".

PS3 will only be on top beacuse of it's antecessor, PS2 was well known in the world, for entertaining, and for gaming.
XBOX360 will be a great console, but just for Microsoft Gaming lovers...
Wii is a great console, but if you don't like Nintendo's most famous characters, then why having it??
Now PS3 has everything that a gamer, in general, asks for...

They (PS3) can failure in some aspects, but they'll be on top, because of its gaming fame.

I have a Wii, and love playing on it, it's a great console, with many new things to explore... and maybe that's why people aren't going to buy it :\

Demonflair :cool:

demonflair said:
PS3 will only be on top beacuse of it's antecessor, PS2 was well known in the world, for entertaining, and for gaming.

If past consoles success guaranteed a new consoles success then Sega would still be in the console business. PS1s and PS2s success was mainly due to them being affordable, having great advertising and having a shed load of games available. PS3 isn't anywhere near them in those respects yet.

In that kind of perspective, he is kind of true!!!
Remember what happened to the dreamcast, it had a few games in its library, which is one of the reasons why it died, best graphics out there on that date it came out, had the best hard drive i believe or maybe im wrong............ and with all that it,it, it died!!

(And Was I Sad That Day)

fatalorgasm92 said:
Lol gain all the money back....are u kiddin?!?!?! Do you honestly Not know that Sony doesnt only make the Playstation platforms???!?!? They have Millions of other dollars of income from everything else they make. Including those badass little HD screens that u can fold up and are as thin as paper.... Dude Dont talk **** when you dont know ****....
Speaking of which: What the heck are you talking about? A company is only recently coming out with single colored e-paper screens that can be folded up. Those are not even on the market yet. They made the leap from that to HDTV e-paper already? Wow, that is one hell of a R&D department.

sagema said:

Uh, your standard 10GB HD is the same size as a 20GB HD, so how would that work?

Last edited:
wii will be on top because it covers such a huge demographic. everyone is focusing on the money issue. really money isn't that big a deal because people will find a way to get the money for a ps3 if they really want it.

say there are 100 people in your hand of all ages and genders and everything. at most 20-25 will be serious gamers, 18-24 yr old white males. only those 20-25 people even care about a ps3... let alone will buy it. Nintendo is doing the best job of reaching middle age people, women, kids and even the elderly. Thats the other 75 people in your hand. Not all of them will buy a wii, but at least they are interested. And thats a start.

Wii "is", and will remain the best selling console of this generation for a good long time I believe.
A lot of people who bought PS2s later on did it for their kids. The market does not entirely consist of hardcore gamers. (DS being current best selling games machine proves this).

Who knows? In a few years Sony might pull things back... I don't think this will be the case though. Brand Loyalty means nothing. (First thing I learned on my business modules at uni regarding brands/branding is that there is no such thing as "brand loyalty"...

ain't that a surprise!

Shiftfallout said:
if $600 is breaking any of you, perhaps moving out of your moms basement might help. I do the occational part time internet job when im not doing something in the film industry. Just yesterday I emailed someone and asked if they want content for their website, they said yes, and passed them over to a company that gave me 25% of what that guy buys. Now im $16,930 richer, and all i did was send one email out of the blue. Im only 24. The fact is, people are not so poor as to not be able to spend $600 on a game system. Unless they are children. Then again, i know kids that have more money than some. In the real world $600 is nothing, a nintendo wii for 250 is chump change. People like me buy them for the hell of it, because we have the money to do so. Like most people.

i knew u would be defending the ps3 shift, it seems that if anyone makes a negative comment about it you go into defense mode, lol! in the end just it's only console and nothing more.

Back