Why I think PS3 will come out on top.

Lol gain all the money back....are u kiddin?!?!?! Do you honestly Not know that Sony doesnt only make the Playstation platforms???!?!? They have Millions of other dollars of income from everything else they make. Including those badass little HD screens that u can fold up and are as thin as paper.... Dude Dont talk **** when you dont know ****....

I wish I had billions of dollars to bounce around. The question I want to ask all of you. If you were in charge of the PS3 development. Would you have launched the system as is? I would've kept the controller, memory card ports.

No, i would've took out blu-ray, b/c most people dont even watch dvds on their systems b/c they already have a dvd player which is all that matters!
Then i would have took out the motion-sensing in the controllers, why cause ps2 did great without it and is still selling, even better than ps3, especially when it lauched, it had better sales, also they need to lower than the price more!!

I would go into paragraphs but thats about the only thing i would change.

I definitely would keep it as is. Its an amazing machine which hasnt been out long enough for developers to tap into its abilities and power, like the Wii. The controllers is fine. if you are going to complain about Vibration , logitech is making a rumble controller and i would MUCH rather have motion sensing than Rumble. The console is 600 dollars but it looks like a Sleek Badass 600 console and thats something. I dont wanna pay half a grand for an ugly rough textured poorly built machine. ( no reference to xbox i know it sounds so though) The PS3 is being beat on alot i think because no body has one. PPL i know who bash it dont have one and those who love it own one or want one. I dont know why everyone is bashing launch games because they were good. It had about the same quality of launch titles as 360 did. Wii didnt have many but it had Zelda so everyone knows how that is. I Definitly wouldnt change it the PS3 is great and just needs some time before everyone realizes it. It didnt have a failing launch... 3 mil Wii an amazing 7 and 360 10. Considering the Lifetime ratio all the consoles the 360 is doing poorly. 360 only really has one Exclusive this year which sucks too. Nintendo and Sony are going to have many. if Microsoft wants to do better they should fix ther shitty backwards compatibility and Make LIVE FREE its a damn ripoff. dont complain about PS3 price fanboys because in the longterm Much more will be spent having to upgrade and Pay for LIVE. Wii needs Demos! ya so i wasnt flaming just saying Losing a mill or so is no Biggie for Sony at all.

No because I constantly have to upgrade my goddamn pc and its a big ugly beast. Most PC gamers put well over 1000 a year and Soon Every part is completely different and all old hardware is just useless. Plus I have a lot of friends and they all gave me like a $20 for xmas. That combined with a paycheck and i just bought one. I also became very dissapointed in the 360 once i played the Wii for about 50 hours. I traded my 360 for a Wii and I dont miss it at all. I had to go buy a new Xbox 1 to play all my old games. Still i dont know if i kept the 360 i would definitly have Xbox live which in a few years i will have payed more than i did for my PS3. and I would end up buying the dumb 100$ Wi Fi for the 360. the PS3 looks like a payed 600 for it and looking at this years lineup, im pretty glad i got one

Well Do you mean of all time or the war right now?
Well not im not being a fanboy but for now i would say Wii, PS3 and 360 in that order
For all time I would say Nes then SNES the N64 in that order
I have played the best games on Nintendo's systems and secondly sonys. Xbox has alot of games that have all the same taste so i get bored. Xbox has helped console online gaming world alot though. Everyone is too concerned with Multiplayer now though, many ppl i know dont even play the Single player in a game, The best part!!

Either way for the new war i would definetly choose the Wii. i think the PS3 has alot of potential and hope it builds a library as great as the PS2

Huh, you and me are kinda alike, like the NES all the way to Wii, hmmmm.... oh well, im also hoping that wii ends up having a library as good as the ps2's, but then im also hoping that they win the console war, and then again when i say that, im not so sure whos going to win!!
I keep on having this feeling like some dumbsh*t is going to happen to the system

The Ps3 is going to win. If you want to look at history then the PS2 was to expensive and ahead of its time. Being able to play all PS1 games helped, as well as use the new DVD format for games. If you honestly believe Blu-Ray is a trojan, then you will say the DVD format is too. What you may not want to know or hear or even realize is that they wanted to use DVD's for the space. Since they used it for games it may as well play DVD movies too.

Some of you make it sound like the future is going to be cheap. So are flying cars going to be like $15k? Are holograph projectors going to be $250 as well?

I agree with shift on, well, just about everything. There have been to many times when i got something and my friend, who was lazy and didnt work, wanted it but couldnt aford it. He then starts to say how its not that great and picks things out that make it sound like a waste. What happened when he got it? He said it was the best thing ever.

I worked part time and was making about 1k a mont. I was also living with a friend to split rent. Was 600 a lot? No, not at all. My mom works 2 jobs. She really wanted a WWII jeep. She saved up $6k, she had to pay for the house payments, food, utilities, everything herself. Was that a lot? To me it was but she worked hard for it cause she really wanted it. She was saying how stupid the jeep was. So is $6oo a lot to her? Uh, no.

Saying you would rather get 2 PC's is stupid. I dont even want to get one cause i know in a month or even now, i will have to buy $300-$900 dollar parts just to get a game working like its supposed to. I got a PS3 cause i know when i spend the $600, im only spending $600 no matter how many years go by. If you want to spen 6 or 7 times as much just to justify how expensive the PS3 is, good on you.

The PS3 will be on top. When it is you will all be saying how many games it has and how many cool games it has.

As far as history, the PS1 made over 10k games in its first year. The PS1/2 has the most games rated 9/10. You want "variety" when it comes to games, you should know better than to say its Nintendo with the most.

mushroomedmario said:
sony fired the creator of all the playstations
that shows a lot of confidence sony has for the ps3, they did this cause they lost 2 billion dollars, i do not think that sony will sell enough software to gain all that money back,

LOL shows how much you know. From what I have seen you post so far, your colors show that of a mindless nintendofanboy.

What is Sony? Its a corporation. Know what stock holders are? Lets just say, a corporation is owned by a lot of people. Those people can vote anyone out if they choose it. Those people can also be owners of another corporation like microsoft.

Now that we realize that as a corporation, sony is not just one person that makes decisions.

You believe that the figurehead associated with the playstation franchise was fired. Thats funny because officially he decided to retire. Was nintendos CEO fired when he retired? No. He was an old fart that was too stuck in his ways. He decided it was time to give it up to the younger generation. My guess is, you dont know anything but believe what you want to believe. No worries, you are the majority of fanboys here in this forum who havent had a history lesson in reality.

Back