Why I think PS3 will come out on top.

Shiftfallout said:
I am saying 600 dollars is not a lot of money, and what is funny is that people feel "entitled" to have cheap entertainment. If they cant or refuse to have it, they start hating on it. If they use the "its too much money" excuse, then thats just it, an excuse. You might think im a bit insensitive about it, but im just being realistic. If they want to go ahead and lie to themselves to make them feel better, thats fine, but lets not do it here.

In the grand scheme of things, 600 dollars may not be a lot of money, but for an unnecessary luxury it is. Secondly, " a lot of money" is a relative term. To someone making 400 dollars a week, working 40 hours, its a hell of a lot of money, to you it may not be. The point is, your posts seem to belittle those people working very hard in order to make ends meet. These people doing menial labor and not getting paid as well for it are not in those jobs because they are lazy as you stated, those menial, physical jobs are harder work then many well paying jobs, but these people simply do not have the means to obtain a "good" job. In society, we must realize that all jobs have a point, and are vital to the advancement of society. You make it seem as a mans true worth comes from the money he makes, when that is the farthest thing from the truth.

Griever said:
If the PS3 was cheaper it would stomp every other console into the floor. Unfortunately, it isn't, and that is the sole reason it will not come out on top.

End of argument.

Yep because consoles never drop their price :wtf: Its over twice as much as the wii, but its 10x better. Well worth the money. If anything is overpriced, its the wii.

Griever said:
If the PS3 was cheaper it would stomp every other console into the floor. Unfortunately, it isn't, and that is the sole reason it will not come out on top.

End of argument.

I dont know about all that, but dont get me wrong it well sell alot no doubt!!!
and who knows... Might be the console to come out on top, but you see thats not happening is it?
Probally if the price wasnt so high then yes, but its not, oh well!! Just have to wait until a price drop which is far from right now!

This world where we live is totally subjective, you will never find an absolute truth...(besides the fact that bill gates is rich and that everything that goes up comes down...)
I really don't understand you shift... not everyone is as lucky as you. The majority of people don't need to spend that amount of money on a "'gaming console'' since they are, like me, casual users. I personally have more fun playing wii sports for 30 min than pushing buttons to see an absolutely gorgeous, pixel perfect, with a trillion pollygons (whatever...) car move around.
As i said... it's all subjective, maybe you like that, but the majority of people don't have time to spend playing so much, they would rather work, eat, sleep. And if they do... fun is the #1 factor...
NOW, if you compare 250 bucks to 600... price IS important, you will rather spend the 250 an have more FUN.
AGAIN, it's subjective, but i'm giving a mass consumer POINT OF VIEW.

Shiftfallout said:
I am saying 600 dollars is not a lot of money, and what is funny is that people feel "entitled" to have cheap entertainment.
It's not that people want "cheap" entertainment, it's that the PS3 is out of the price league of some people. "Entitlement" has nothing to do with it. People feel "entitled" to be able to breathe, live, have an education, good health (in the UK anyway). Anyone with a sense of value can tell that the PS3 is not an entitlement. It's a luxury that a lot of people cannot afford.

If they cant or refuse to have it, they start hating on it.
Or if they don't like it, they may use the price factor as one of many reasons why they won't be getting it.

If they use the "its too much money" excuse, then thats just it, an excuse.
Or, you know, some may actually have that as a genuine reason. Only the person saying it knows.

You might think im a bit insensitive about it, but im just being realistic.
Actually, you're being naive about it, but I don't want to split hairs...

If they want to go ahead and lie to themselves to make them feel better, thats fine, but lets not do it here.
Because forums always have truth in them...[/sarcasm]
I don't like the PS3. It doesn't have any games I want (at least none that I can't get on another console), I won't get the benefit of it since I don't have a HDTV and I prefer the Wii (yes, I've played a little bit of the PS3, and I wasn't all that impressed). The price point is just fuel to the fire for me...

alexgc87 said:
This world where we live is totally subjective, you will never find an absolute truth...(besides the fact that bill gates is rich and that everything that goes up comes down...)
I really don't understand you shift... not everyone is as lucky as you. The majority of people don't need to spend that amount of money on a "'gaming console'' since they are, like me, casual users. I personally have more fun playing wii sports for 30 min than pushing buttons to see an absolutely gorgeous, pixel perfect, with a trillion pollygons (whatever...) car move around.
As i said... it's all subjective, maybe you like that, but the majority of people don't have time to spend playing so much, they would rather work, eat, sleep. And if they do... fun is the #1 factor...
NOW, if you compare 250 bucks to 600... price IS important, you will rather spend the 250 an have more FUN.
AGAIN, it's subjective, but i'm giving a mass consumer POINT OF VIEW.

Your missing my point, partially due to squals retarded "spin" responses. I have said countless times, that an individual might consider the PS3 not worth spending 600 dollars for. What I am against is them complaining that 600 dollars is too much money. That it is the sole reason they cant have it and they hate that. If a kid didnt do his howework, does he whine and blame it on the rising cost of paper? The same goes with the PS3. People expect every console to be within their comfort zone, guess what though, theres a console that targets everyone. People have 5 major options to current gaming , arcades, computers, wii, ps3 and 360. For buddahsake, why whine about 1 of them being not something you feel comfortable about when you have many other options that are.

The point is, people feel entitled to some of these luxery items and it bugs them so much they make excuses why they deserve to hate the console. Remember, people are literally hating the ps3, and when asked why they say its too much money. Thats the most retarded reason to hate something. I cant afford the playboy mansion so I guess that means its logical to hate it. In the big scheme of things, 600 dollars is not a lot of money, but it might not be worth it for some in regards to a console when theres cheaper on the market. Thats all there is too it.

I totally understand you, BUT (you might get tired of hearing this...sorry) it's subjective...
I don't live in the US but i ''assume'' that you can see there things like the one i'm going to tell you...

First of all, for me, 600 isn't really that much, i could go buy 2 PS3 righ now and get that money back tomorrow. On the other hand (going back to the bmw thing) i don't have 60k on me to buy a z4 but i don't hate them, i think it's expensive, if i saved money for some time.. i could get one.. but that wouldn't change the fact that it is expensive FOR ME (maybe not for some bussines man that earns enought money to get one). And that's the whole POINT.

For some people it IS genuinely expensive, it's not that they hate it because they can't have it, they could have it BUT they just think it's too much money (again, it's subjective, for ME it's not that much).
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE: Where i live (Honduras...not in Africa!!) an average person makes 4000 Lps (about 260 dollars) a MONTH. When you compare that to the price of a PS3 (having in mind that you have to pay for the rent, phone, cable tv...) 600 bucks sound a BIT expensive. People could really have it, it's not impossible to save 600$ but they think it's just not worth it, not that it's a bad machine, but the price is simply too high for THEM (they don't hate it, the price is just REALLY too high).

For people like you and me it's NOT a lot of money, we don't see the 600 price tag as somethig ''expensive'' but AGAIN that's in OUR (you and me that have enought money) case.

I totally understand you, BUT (you might get tired of hearing this...sorry) it's subjective...
I don't live in the US but i ''assume'' that you can see there things like the one i'm going to tell you...

First of all, for me, 600 isn't really that much, i could go buy 2 PS3 righ now and get that money back tomorrow. On the other hand (going back to the bmw thing) i don't have 60k on me to buy a z4 but i don't hate them, i think it's expensive, if i saved money for some time.. i could get one.. but that wouldn't change the fact that it is expensive FOR ME (maybe not for some bussines man that earns enought money to get one). And that's the whole POINT.

For some people it IS genuinely expensive, it's not that they hate it because they can't have it, they could have it BUT they just think it's too much money (again, it's subjective, for ME it's not that much).
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE: Where i live (Honduras...not in Africa!!) an average person makes 4000 Lps (about 260 dollars) a MONTH. When you compare that to the price of a PS3 (having in mind that you have to pay for the rent, phone, cable tv...) 600 bucks sound a BIT expensive. People could really have it, it's not impossible to save 600$ but they think it's just not worth it, not that it's a bad machine, but the price is simply too high for THEM (they don't hate it, the price is just REALLY too high).

For people like you and me it's NOT a lot of money, we don't see the 600 price tag as somethig ''expensive'' but AGAIN that's in OUR (you and me that have enought money) case.

NO ONE can think that anything that costs 600$ is just garbage... that's not the point here...i guess...
We're saying (Shift is saying) that people use the "it's too expensive" excuse because they just HATE the "fact" that they can't have it... Now, what i think is written just above... no need to repeat it...

Shiftfallout said:
Your missing my point, partially due to squals retarded "spin" responses.
As opposed to your idiotic and fatally flawed idea that everyone should be able to afford a PS3 unless they're lazy?

What I am against is them complaining that 600 dollars is too much money.
If they don't have enough spare cash to buy one, $600 is too much money for them to spend. Obviously you seem to be in a position where this is not the case, but that is just you, not everyone else.

That it is the sole reason they cant have it and they hate that. If a kid didnt do his howework, does he whine and blame it on the rising cost of paper? The same goes with the PS3.
That is the most idiotic thing I've heard today. No kid would blame the cost of paper for not doing homework, unless they were specifically asked to write it on a special bit of paper that cost $600. Not to mention the fact that the PS3 is a luxury item, a piece of paper is either usually given to you, or could be bought from somewhere, for much less than $600.

A tip for you, don't make anaolgies that don't make sense.

The point is, people feel entitled to some of these luxery items and it bugs them so much they make excuses why they deserve to hate the console.
What bugs me, is people who assume things about others, that are unprovable, and most likely wrong, yet refuse to see reason.

Remember, people are literally hating the ps3, and when asked why they say its too much money.
And for some it is. For some they use it in conjunction with other reasons. I don't assume everyone should have a Wii, otherwise they're either jealous and making an excuse.

Thats the most retarded reason to hate something.
Hate is such a strong word. Anyone that simply doesn't have enough money, but that's all their grievances, then they would more be apathetic to the PS3. For others however, it's part of the reason why they're not buying it. The other part, which make people hate it, can be anything from Sony's PR to a distrust of Blu-ray's ability to dominate HD.

I cant afford the playboy mansion so I guess that means its logical to hate it.
Or, someone who actually has sense, may dislike it, because of the "moral temptation" it represents. Other's may hate it, because they dislike the person that owns it. Others may dislike it because they don't like the way the person now owning it got his millions. Don't assume there's a single reason behind hating something. I don't think anyone both hates the PS3 and uses the price point as the only reason to hate it.

In the big scheme of things, 600 dollars is not a lot of money, but it might not be worth it for some in regards to a console when theres cheaper on the market.
Sure, it may not be a lot of money compared to what one earns in a year or a lifetime, but some people actually live in a place where money doesn't flow easily. Also, taking into account the value of that cheaper machine, and what's necessary to fully utilize it, and you've got a bit more range in opinions.

Give it up, Squall7. Rich/stupid people can't comprehend money. $600 is a lot for the average human being on this planet.

Sony said there are enough people to spend that amount on a system. Only time will tell.

Back