Why I think PS3 will come out on top.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the PS3 or the Price and it has a ton of games even if you say it lacks but I think the fact that you can get a 360 for $200 cheaper and equal if not greater: Software, Graphics and Online and so yeah after 4 years of Live they are equal but that's 4 years of online which at that point might not be so big

Hybrid said:
Ok i quoted that for no real reason but just to agree with what Shift is trying to say.
Ok i can't afford a ps3, but i'm a kid and have only had enough money to get one when i had an acting gig and got 100$ per week.(7 weeks) actually i probably still have the money but any how.(that might help you out shift)
I have neighbors and there both around 20,23 something like that.
They are NOT rich because they both happen to live with there mom. But yet the managed to buy a PS2. And they both got 2 toyota 2004 SUV'S now thats around 20000 $ but yet they could manage to buy. Now if two guys that just came out of college(university) and can afford that! then that shows that 600 $ aint a hell load. Of course the average users on this site very from 10 to 15 then of course the average is gonna say it's expensive. But i asked my mom(note: that were not a rich family) if the 600$ is allot of money.She said"its not nothing, but it definitly isn't allot." Now my house i pretty small around three floors(the top one is like 10 feet though) and my rich friend: his dad went out and bought a mac pro,PS3,360,wii,DELL XPS. THATS ALOT.
600 $ isn't THAT MUCH!!!!!

you should realise that most people saying it's too expensive are like 15( besides Squall7).

~Hybrid

heh, you still haven't gone into detail about that acting gig. i wanna hear, oh plus, the only good thing about ps3 is it's graphics. but if u really wanna get it go ahead, just as long as you get a wii.

BapFap said:
heh, you still haven't gone into detail about that acting gig. i wanna hear, oh plus, the only good thing about ps3 is it's graphics. but if u really wanna get it go ahead, just as long as you get a wii.

thats where you are wrong. The 360 actually has slightly better graphics with its Nvidia card, but its processing power is much less than that of the PS3. So the trade off is that the PS3 can have more visually going on at once (special effects, world, draw distance, more graphical enhancements). One example would be looking at the game Lair, where even though you are flying on a dragon, below you is thousands upon thousands of npcs making war against eachother. PS3s best strength for gaming is its processing power, allowing for new styles of play and high concept gaming. I have to say its internet is pretty good too, and the fact that its an open source console is also great.

Shiftfallout said:
thats where you are wrong. The 360 actually has slightly better graphics with its Nvidia card, but its processing power is much less than that of the PS3. So the trade off is that the PS3 can have more visually going on at once (special effects, world, draw distance, more graphical enhancements). One example would be looking at the game Lair, where even though you are flying on a dragon, below you is thousands upon thousands of npcs making war against eachother. PS3s best strength for gaming is its processing power, allowing for new styles of play and high concept gaming. I have to say its internet is pretty good too, and the fact that its an open source console is also great.
really...i never knew tht... well it would be quite helpful for war games like star wars battlefront.

ottoman said:
interesting, but wrong. you cant compare the ps3 to the ps2. the ps3 will NOT come out on top. it would be lucky if it made it past the 15 million mark...
Dude dont blanky state hes wrong with no explanation backing it up. What noone chooses to see is that the 360 was exactly the same when it came out. Barely anygames and wouldnt play Xbox 1 games except popular ones. Nobody realizes this. The 360 for a $400 Halo 2 player for an entire year. Yes the PS3 is loosing exclusives but so is 360 to ps3!! And what he said is probably true in the end the consoles history proves that it will come out on top in the long run. oh ya and 15 MILLION?! Do you think thats bad??? the 360 has barely sold 10 Mil in US with Wii half of that lol. In japan PS3 has outsold 360 and many other countries. although it is small compared to PS2;s 122 Million i tihnk it will make it to at least 75-80 mil

Shiftfallout said:

The PS3 actually has a little bit better Nvidia card on its Clock frenquency by about 50. 360 being 500 and PS3 being 550 MHZ

fatalorgasm92 said:
The PS3 actually has a little bit better Nvidia card on its Clock frenquency by about 50. 360 being 500 and PS3 being 550 MHZ

not quite, both cards have something better than the other. The xbox card deliver some nice visuals but lacks the processing power that the ps3 can achieve. Either way, they are similar enough not to make any big difference, but the ps3 owns in processing power.

Lol 8 ****ing CPUs running at 3.2 GHZ thats crazy, and with these Bigass Blu-rays in the future Games will be huge. Especially opens up for RPGS

It still costs time and money to make a larger game. The increased sizes will mainly be used for higher texture resolutions. Instead of blurry blobs. We are getting to a point where a crappy game like Spider Man 3, and a great game like Gears of War are worlds of difference in quality.

Despite the technology increase the crappy games are as awful and over priced as ever. You want a revolution? Lower the cost. Spider Man 3 cost over $37 million to make. The game looks like they spent $1-3 million on it.

Shiftfallout said:
if $600 is breaking any of you, perhaps moving out of your moms basement might help. I do the occational part time internet job when im not doing something in the film industry. Just yesterday I emailed someone and asked if they want content for their website, they said yes, and passed them over to a company that gave me 25% of what that guy buys. Now im $16,930 richer, and all i did was send one email out of the blue. Im only 24. The fact is, people are not so poor as to not be able to spend $600 on a game system. Unless they are children. Then again, i know kids that have more money than some. In the real world $600 is nothing, a nintendo wii for 250 is chump change. People like me buy them for the hell of it, because we have the money to do so. Like most people.

Thats all well and good if you are a twenty something with nobody to worry about other than yourself but for most people with families $600 is far from 'nothing'.

Of course if my kids really wanted a PS3 i would buy them one but they don't, they were happier that i got them both new PCs for christmas.

Enjoy your frivolous twenties while you can because when you're really grown up and have other people than yourself to worry about you don't go and blow $600 'just for the hell of it'.

I don't think the PS3 will come out on top this gen, as history shows its usually the most affordable console with the biggest library of games that wins.

The PS3 is ahead of its time with too high a price point. If everyone had HDTVs right now, if Blueray was the standard format or if it was the same price as a 360 then i think it would win easily. As it stands though people can look at the PS3 and see little difference from the 360 except for a higher price and a Blueray player that wont look any better on their old tv than their existing DVD player does.

If the console itself dosen't sell well enough then developers won't put the effort in to make stand out games and it could end up being cursed by a life of washed out 360 ports. If Blueray dosen't win the HD format war then it wont be a selling point either. Personally i wish Sony had left out the Blueray rather than include it just to push their own format and hit a price point nearer the 360s as despite offering a huge amount of storage, Blueray load times seem to be a little bit slow for gaming (i thought PS1 load times were horrendous after owing a SNES).

PS3's success or failure will be in the next couple of years and unfortunately i think it may turn out to be the latter.

raisinghelen said:
I don't think the PS3 will come out on top this gen, as history shows its usually the most affordable console with the biggest library of games that wins.

The PS3 is ahead of its time with too high a price point. If everyone had HDTVs right now, if Blueray was the standard format or if it was the same price as a 360 then i think it would win easily. As it stands though people can look at the PS3 and see little difference from the 360 except for a higher price and a Blueray player that wont look any better on their old tv than their existing DVD player does.

If the console itself dosen't sell well enough then developers won't put the effort in to make stand out games and it could end up being cursed by a life of washed out 360 ports. If Blueray dosen't win the HD format war then it wont be a selling point either. Personally i wish Sony had left out the Blueray rather than include it just to push their own format and hit a price point nearer the 360s as despite offering a huge amount of storage, Blueray load times seem to be a little bit slow for gaming (i thought PS1 load times were horrendous after owing a SNES).

PS3's success or failure will be in the next couple of years and unfortunately i think it may turn out to be the latter.

To tell the truth, i dont think the PS3 will be coming on top either, with way things are looking now, they better think of something to keep their mother Fv<king system selling!!!
(Oh well, PS3 has about 2-3 years so, they have all the time in the world, lets just hope they use whatever time they got correctly!)cornut:

shift, I think you are a bit insensitive to those who may not be as fortunate as you. I applaud you on the fact that you are living comfortably, especially since you are not from a rich family, but, it seems as though your view of money is a bit off. 600 dollars is truly not a lot of money when compared to the amount of money it costs to buy a home, but for a video game system I do feel 600 is a great deal of money. You said it yourself that you were raised by a single mother without a great deal of money, if you had wanted a 600 dollar toy would your mother think its a bargain?

dannytnj said:
shift, I think you are a bit insensitive to those who may not be as fortunate as you. I applaud you on the fact that you are living comfortably, especially since you are not from a rich family, but, it seems as though your view of money is a bit off. 600 dollars is truly not a lot of money when compared to the amount of money it costs to buy a home, but for a video game system I do feel 600 is a great deal of money. You said it yourself that you were raised by a single mother without a great deal of money, if you had wanted a 600 dollar toy would your mother think its a bargain?

I am saying 600 dollars is not a lot of money, and what is funny is that people feel "entitled" to have cheap entertainment. If they cant or refuse to have it, they start hating on it. If they use the "its too much money" excuse, then thats just it, an excuse. You might think im a bit insensitive about it, but im just being realistic. If they want to go ahead and lie to themselves to make them feel better, thats fine, but lets not do it here.

Back