Why should I try SSBB?

I wouldn't quite call it a button masher... But anyways, its rather obvious why its so loved- everyone likes seeing their favourite characters kick the crap out of each other.

I've also never played any SSB games but i use to be a huge fan of Street Fighter, so i said y not, I'll give it a tried and see what the big deal is about this game, plus the game has so many things incorporated in it, its crazy and u can see from the videos that there was a lot of thought and work put into this game, even if it doesn't turn out to be the best game ever, I'm sure it won't be disappoint.

~X

Extra Life Mushroom said:
I don't think we should have to give you any reason to do anything. I think you should rent it or play it at a friends house if you want to make a judgment call about purchasing it in the future.

I'm not asking for a reason to do anything I am asking what it is about the game that appeals to you. It's like asking what appeals to you about a candy bar, is it dark chocolate, milk chocolate, peanuts, almonds, what????

It is definitely not a button masher in comparison to other fighters. You can jump all around the place and strategy plays a major part.

Its really just fun to play, its hard to explain. Plus it has a HUGE roster to choose from(most fighting games let you choose like 12 people, this one has about triple that)

elron you have to forgive some of these forum douche bags who are in such a state of complacency that they dont know how to explain anything about what they think they like anymore. its a 2d fighter where you basically do what you want but with nintendo chars. what makes it good is your ability to almost infinitely manipulate whats going on in the game with items and chars and so on. theyve added so you can make your own maps to fight on which is going to be a big deal for some people. with the older games it would get boring if you didnt have other people to play with but this time youll be able to play people you know or dont know on the internet. one player mode doesnt seem very important again but its there. its something that if you like lots of nintendo crap and fighter style games its something to give a try. as far as comparing it to traditional fighters like street fighter, mortal combat and soul caliber it kind of sucks but its fun none the less.

yeah, ssbb is probly the sickest game on the wii and when it comes out theres going to be so much stuff in it you wont need another game for like 3 years

Well, what appeals to me:

1. Simplistic controls. One button and direction utilizes a specific, yet unique move. The way the moves are pulled off are universal for all character (although there may be exceptions. This is different to regular beat 'em ups, simply because individual combinations for special moves on specific characters can confuse people who aren't as adept at the game (or lack experience) and thus put them off the game if they're playing against a veteran at the fighting genre.

2. It's packed with features: Both online and offline multiplayer, as well as a story mode, arcade style, customised matches or regular beat 'em up fun. Heck, even tournaments. Basically, if there's something abotu games you like, chances are it'll be in here (heck, even has a butt-load of FMV's).

3. It's versatile: can be played with Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuck, classic controller, Gamecube controller, or any combination of the above that you can think of. Add in the fact that you can have personalised settings, to allow you to store and recall all of your preferences allows for less set-up time.

4. A game beyond Nintendo: With the inclusion of content outside of Nintendo's regular aresnal, it's all pretty exciting for people to face off against each other.

5. Potential for more: With the rumours of downloadable stuff like new tracks, arenas and possibly new characters, Nintendo's imagination is it's limit (and that's a pretty high limit).

If you can't find a reason to get it out of those 5 things, chances are, you're:
a) clinically dead.
b) not a gamer in the slightest or
c) too busy for any form of game.

Lugia and Squall7,

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. And for the record I am not clinically dead,or not a gamer, nor am I too busy :wink: Just very interested in this game and as I have never played it, very curious as to it's appeal. Personally from everything I have seen it looks awesome and I will be getting it, it releases the day before my b-day so woohoo, instant present. But thanks again, information is always good to have and good information is hard to get.

Probably the biggest reason to get SSBB will be to avoid the wrath of all the SSBB fanboys on this forum who will tear anyone a new one who doesn't own "The Holiest of Holy Game Of All Games In Existence Or That Will Ever Exist EVAR!!!111oneoneone", otherwise treating them as a lower life-form who doesn't even deserve to own a Wii. :frown2:

I suppose I understand some of the appeal here, since 99% of the users on Wiichat are young males who grew up with the likes of Street Fighter, Virtua Figher, Mortal Combat, and other fighting games. I played them a bit myself (although games like Zelda appealed to me more) so I'll probably pick it up for the occasional play, since it seems like it'll be a well-polished game. But it won't spend as much time in my Wii as other games, and I'll probably be the only one of my friends who bother playing it. Most of them prefer the racing games, Mario games, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.

BTW OP, I find the not knowing the secret characters in the game to be a plus for some reason, it's just fun to not know what characters gonna appear next, but I already spoiled myself with spoilers.

its traditional if you love nintendo its fun and if you suck its still fun. and once you get a hang of it it would be fun. like yesterday i was playing melee(cuz my wiimotes batteries ran out) and i tried mario for the first time and i migh even want to main him now. i even got good with marth samus and kirby

Back