Becoming a Mod.

Forum games is a terrible excuse to raise your post count to act as if you have seniority. Speaking of mods, what happened to the idea that I had been pushing about the debate forum? I believe you were behind it Prez., but after I0n saw me as the complete asshole that I can be, it got nixed.

Kamikaze said:
Forum games is a terrible excuse to raise your post count to act as if you have seniority. Speaking of mods, what happened to the idea that I had been pushing about the debate forum? I believe you were behind it Prez., but after I0n saw me as the complete asshole that I can be, it got nixed.

if it makes you feel any better, i dont find you to be an assh*le. i mean really, your posts are highly sarcastic and i think people sometimes read way too much into "invisible tone" especially online. you can say "i like cats" and it can be interpreted 900 ways in different tones/jestures.

most of the people here dont know how to judge "tone" through typing and thats what causes so many online fights and it pisses me off. if you simply take the time to read how everyone types, youd know what type of person they are. its not hard to understand.

if youre pushed hard enough, the sarcasm goes away and you (as a whole) become an assh*le.

Prez said:
Yea I personally don't think it makes me look too good as a mod if I acted that way. I believe I have a certain image that I do need to uphold.
I agree, if I ever became a mod I would act and type much more using the style you do, opposed to the casual way Mitch moderates.
Kamikaze said:
Luckily, posting in the game section doesn't raise your post count. :)

Also, what about a debate forum?! That would be great, as long as it was used maturely, not for "Halo or Metroid?" or any of that ****. Serious matters, political, gaming, whatever it may be; just keep it mature. I like that idea, did you come up with it?

Prez said:
Yea I personally don't think it makes me look too good as a mod if I acted that way. I believe I have a certain image that I do need to uphold.
ssbb_lover said:
I agree, if I ever became a mod I would act and type much more using the style you do, opposed to the casual way Mitch moderates.
you guys are making me feel like my way is bad :sad:. lol it doesnt matter. ive learned that people tend to like people with a more casual attitude. my friend is a salesman and he is even more laid back than i am and he can sell anything to anyone. its because of his attitude. thats how i am. when i was younger (during the stage of my life that im glad is gone) i always acted a way diffrent than how i actually was and it was no good so now i just act like myself and am way better off because of it so :ciappa:

Mitch2025 said:
you guys are making me feel like my way is bad :sad:. lol it doesnt matter. ive learned that people tend to like people with a more casual attitude. my friend is a salesman and he is even more laid back than i am and he can sell anything to anyone. its because of his attitude. thats how i am. when i was younger (during the stage of my life that im glad is gone) i always acted a way diffrent than how i actually was and it was no good so now i just act like myself and am way better off because of it so :ciappa:
Nothing wrong with the way you act, just different than me...

Prez said:
Nothing wrong with the way you act, just different than me...
yea i know. but then again you have more moderating experience than me. the largest forum besides this ive ever modded was a gfx design site that had at most 5k members

Mitch2025 said:
yea i know. but then again you have more moderating experience than me. the largest forum besides this ive ever modded was a gfx design site that had at most 5k members
Well yea fair enough..
If it does mean anything though I do in fact think your a great mod, and an awesome person, regardless of moderating experience..

If I was to be a mod here, 99 percent of the spam and advertising on the forums would be gone. But then again, that's probably because I pay close attention to small details. More than likely if I was asked to moderate the forums, I would have to decline.

Kamikaze said:
If I was to be a mod here, 99 percent of the spam and advertising on the forums would be gone. But then again, that's probably because I pay close attention to small details. More than likely if I was asked to moderate the forums, I would have to decline.
Actually, something like 99% of the spam and advertising is already deleted, way before you even know it exists...

Prez said:
Actually, something like 99% of the spam and advertising is already deleted, way before you even know it exists...

Not really, I've seen a lot of things staying on the board for half the day. I'm not saying you're not doing your job, I'm just saying it's also in places alot of you guys least expect.

Back