Gay Marrige

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gay marriage.... I dont have a problem with it. I have a gay kid in my high school and boy is he a LIAR!!!!! He tries to be gay because he wasnt the girls.... He gets them alright.

Gay marriage.... I dont have a problem with it. I have a gay kid in my high school and boy is he a LIAR!!!!! He tries to be gay because he wasnt the girls.... He gets them alright.

Now thats a smart boy.

Btw KoP: Could you put some of your sig in a spoiler tag, it makes my computer very slow, and it is pretty long.

lol.... @ DG: What proof does that show? Thats just more opinions bro... You have no reasonable reason for gay marriage not to be accepted that isnt based on religion or fear. If you can give me a reason that does not have a core of religion or fear, then we will discuss it. Otherwise... Your not really doing anything for me by tellin me what a politician said, whom are the biggest f**king windbags in existence (barring lawyers) but thats for a different discussion... :p

lol.... @ DG: What proof does that show? Thats just more opinions bro... You have no reasonable reason for gay marriage not to be accepted that isnt based on religion or fear. If you can give me a reason that does not have a core of religion or fear, then we will discuss it. Otherwise... Your not really doing anything for me by tellin me what a politician said, whom are the biggest f**king windbags in existence (barring lawyers) but thats for a different discussion... :p

Im getting tired of showing proof. How about common knowledge bro.

Heres why i think it should be legal:
1.Denying them is a violation of religious freedom (civil and religious marriages are two separate institutions).
2.Marriage benefits (such as joint ownership, medical decision-making capacity) should be available to all couples.
3.Homosexuality is an accepted lifestyle nowadays with most evidence proving biological causation.
4.Denying these marriages is a form of minority discrimination.
5.It doesn't hurt society or anyone in particular.
6.The only thing that should matter in marriage is love.
7.The number of child adoptions should increase since gay couples cannot pro-create (although some might see an increase in gay adoptions as an argument against same-sex marriages).
8.It encourages people to have strong family values and give up high-risk sexual lifestyles.
9.The same financial benefits that apply to man-woman marriages apply to same-sex marriages.

Alright since that put in out the air, now you guys see the way i feel about this side. Now the why it should be illegal.
1.Most religions consider homosexuality a sin.
2.It would weaken the definition and respect for the institution of marriage.
3.It would further weaken the traditional family values essential to our society.
4.It could provide a slippery slope in the legality of marriage (e.g. having multiple wives or marrying an object could be next).
5.The gay lifestyle is not something to be encouraged, as a lot of research shows it leads to a much lower life expectancy, psychological disorders, and other problems.
Yes only 5. 5-9 oh well now discuss on my opinions peoples.

Ugh... Your not hearing me dude. I said a reason NOT based on religion or fear. All yours are.

Im getting tired of showing proof. How about common knowledge bro.

Heres why i think it should be legal:
1.Denying them is a violation of religious freedom (civil and religious marriages are two separate institutions).
2.Marriage benefits (such as joint ownership, medical decision-making capacity) should be available to all couples.
3.Homosexuality is an accepted lifestyle nowadays with most evidence proving biological causation.
4.Denying these marriages is a form of minority discrimination.
5.It doesn't hurt society or anyone in particular.
6.The only thing that should matter in marriage is love.
7.The number of child adoptions should increase since gay couples cannot pro-create (although some might see an increase in gay adoptions as an argument against same-sex marriages).
8.It encourages people to have strong family values and give up high-risk sexual lifestyles.
9.The same financial benefits that apply to man-woman marriages apply to same-sex marriages.

Alright since that put in out the air, now you guys see the way i feel about this side. Now the why it should be illegal.
1.Most religions consider homosexuality a sin.
Obvious, based on religion [/facepalm]
2.It would weaken the definition and respect for the institution of marriage.
This is not a fact. Your afraid it will harm marriages. Based out of fear.
3.It would further weaken the traditional family values essential to our society.
Same as the above. No proof. The same could be said about a couple of ex-convicts raising a child. :p
4.It could provide a slippery slope in the legality of marriage (e.g. having multiple wives or marrying an object could be next).
Ok.... there already is a term for multiple wives, its called a polygimyst (I think) and that is once again based out of fear of the "What if" if gays are allowed to marry.
5.The gay lifestyle is not something to be encouraged, as a lot of research shows it leads to a much lower life expectancy, psychological disorders, and other problems.
Really... It really shows that? Nah.... Idts.... opinion. Gay marriage hasnt been around long enough to do tests on entire lifespans, and it leads to psychological disorders bc people tease the **** out of ppl for being gay. Your basically saying that being gay will kill you or ruin your lifestyle? Stamping this one under fear.
Yes only 5. 5-9 oh well now discuss on my opinions peoples.

In other words.... You didnt do what i asked... You provided no actual reason gays should not marry that wasnt based on religion or far. Sorry bro... [/fail]

There was no need to copy and paste, we saw that. But it was mainly religious bullcrap. I haven't needed to prove anything because CK has done a great job and nobody besides you has continued to disagree with my point of view.

EDIT: Storm has also been stating my views nicely.

*Scratches his* Gosh, a bit hard, i keep showing statements, and all these things. Fine storm ill try...i was hoping it wouldnt come to this but i guess i have to be a jackass about this, and say it like it is.

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

Ive tried to be cool about this but you guys arent helping..is this debatable material S.S, storm, everyone else......?

Last edited:
Dude.... WTF... You are out of your miund with that crap. Is that even worth me taking the time to respond to, or would someone else like to take a crack at it?

Dude.... WTF... You are out of your miund with that crap. Is that even worth me taking the time to respond to, or would someone else like to take a crack at it?

Oh god...is it even worth the time? Man, you seem cool but you sure are stuborn. So as someone told me a few mintutes ago if you cant beat them, join them. The thread will probably die but i dont care anymore.:p.

Marriage should be about loving, supportive, nurturing relationships, and such relationships are not dependent on gender. Gay marriages will only strengthen and enrich the social concept of marriage.When I think of the 50% divorce rate here in America, the homosexual community cannot possibly do worse. Same-sex unions need to be legally recognized. When two people make a conscious choice to share their lives together, they need the socioeconomic advantages and protections extended to different-sex unions. This has nothing to do with morality but has everything to do with equality and fairness.

Is this to your desire storm?

DG, that stuff was made to be sarcastic. It doesn't help your case at all, it was meant to illustrate OUR point. So if you were going with the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" philosophy by THAT post then ok. But if you were being serious until your most recent post then I feel the need to repeatedly smash my head against the wall...

Lol... @ DG: Yea, that would be acceptable... lol... But I still am gonna point out your flaws here.

*Scratches his* Gosh, a bit hard, i keep showing statements, and all these things. Fine storm ill try...i was hoping it wouldnt come to this but i guess i have to be a jackass about this, and say it like it is.

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
? Wtf? Who says being gay is not natural? You do. And people do. Who cares if its natural or not? Isnt that what the whole "freedom" thing is about? Its not natural? No crap. But then I guess you would support some of the folk who live in Africa and other countries that like to have sex with animals? Its not natural. lol.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
Thats bull ****. Hanging around tall people doesnt make you tall. lmao. Thats like saying hanging around fat people makes you fat, or hanging aroud anorexics make you anorexic. Its personal choice dude. Noone is gonna "peer pressure" you into being gay.
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
I lmao's at this one. Whats so crazy about gay marriage? If two people are in love, why cant they get married?
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
1: This country is not great. 2: Your living in the stone age with those statements.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
Dude..... Wtf.... You are totally out of your mind with this, along with it just being an opinion. Gays want the sanctity that marriage brings. Its not gonna make straight ones any less meaningful.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.
So your saying if a couple, even man and woman, cannot produce a biological child, then they should not be allowed to marry? Your sounding like a complete ass with these statements you know... And the world is overpopulated, doesnt need more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
thjats bull **** too. Straight parents dont only raise straight children. Its a choice. And lots of gays have straight parents, if ya didnt notice.
Ive tried to be cool about this but you guys arent helping..is this debatable material S.S, storm, everyone else......?

Wow... Ridiculous man.

WHO said America was free? As far as I know, you can't get free cookies on the streets, being a homeless person... Hahahaha, America is everything BUT free now-a-days. Hell, the only free **** about it is jail. Other than that, you gotta get a job, or America hates you. :lol: anyway... Knowing Obama, he will most-likely legalize gay marriage, just like abortion and all that stuff. (i may be wrong, but most democrats do this kind of pattern, other than republicans, am i rite?) :lol:

Someone used the Bible as a source above. Bullshit. In a debate, you cannot use a religious piece to justify something, because it does not apply to every person. The Bible is a big book of opinions and morals. not fact, science, or any real historical basis.

It's like taking a Dr. Seuss book and telling people they should eat green eggs and ham because they do it in the story.

Someone used the Bible as a source above. Bullshit. In a debate, you cannot use a religious piece to justify something, because it does not apply to every person. The Bible is a big book of opinions and morals. not fact, science, or any real historical basis.

It's like taking a Dr. Seuss book and telling people they should eat green eggs and ham because they do it in the story.

... i eat green eggs and ham... :( :lol: j/ki agree tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back