Saviors of the Ultimatum

OCC: this post takes 30 minutes after Sly found the wrecked town

Mario was still riding Yoshi and looking for Sly. He respects the fact that Sly is sneaky and all that, but he worries that he might need help. Yoshi then asks, "Yoshi needs break... Can we rest for a minute??" Mario says, "Of course." Mario takes Yoshi a nearby cave, and looked around the beginning of the snow. Mario looks around, and he sees the wrecked town "How did we not see this?" Mario asked. Yoshi shrugged. Mario says, "I'm getting too old for this..." Mario took Yoshi to a nearby abondaned house, and set him in a bed that was not used in months. Mario suggested that he would go look around the town to see if Sly was here. Mario told Yoshi to stay here, and not cause any trouble. Mario walked out the door. Then, Yoshi said, "I'm hungry," and goes looking in every nook and cranny for food.

Goku jumps off of the Nimbus and lands on the desert ground. Without pausing, he runs up to the group yelling, "Guys! Guys!" Goku reached them and saw he had their attention. He didn't have his usual happy-go-lucky look about him, he was serious. "Up north theres a town wiped out! Somebody did it! I could sense it, someone evil! All those innocent people were just killed! We have to do something!"

"Up north theres a town wiped out! Somebody did it! I could sense it, someone evil! All those innocent people were just killed! We have to do something!"
Sora instantly grabbed Goku's shoulders, as he heard his news. No world he has been on, has had death being inflicted on innocent people. He hasn't witnessed any at least.
"Do you know who did this? Was it..."
He had to think for a moment before remembering the name.
"...Cateraun?"

"I don't know who did it," replied Goku with an angry tone. "But I'll make them pay! I'll beat them up till they can't move!" Goku then turned his attention back to everyone. "Whoever did it wasn't there anymore, and it's weird. I couldn't figure out where they went. It's like they just... disappeared. It must've been a witch. My grandpa told me that people who use black arts are very bad. Now I know how bad they can be! We gotta find them and make them pay!"

As Mario walked out the door, he noticed that the town was too quiet. "It's quiet.... Too quiet....." Mario grabbed out his steel hammer and cautionly walked around the ghost town. He turned to a near corner, and saw bodies on the ground. Not like, people sleeping, but... dead. Mario was shocked to see this kind of violence. He quickly remembered something. "Yoshi!" Mario turned around, but when he did, he saw a bunch of zombie people. "These people must be controlled like our last foe!" One of the zombie people attacked Mario, but whacked him aside. Mario was surrounded. But then, Yoshi came by, and whacked about 10 of the zombie people. "Yoshi! Quickly! We must find Sly on this town! He might be here!" Mario ran from the zombie people and went to another section of the zombie town.

Sora sighed in a low tone.
"We need to find the ones responsible for this. They need to pay for what they've done."
He clenched his fist and his cheeks started to turn fiery red. The hint of anger was leaping from his eyes like a lion being kept in a cage. The lion then turned into a cub as Sora thought about this evil menace attacking his world.
"I will not allow that to happen to my friends or family. We must stop them from attacking other worlds....but how can we find them?"
He flicked his hair away from his eyes and looked at Marth and Link.
"What's our plan of action?"

Mario and Yoshi went around the zombie town, avoiding all zombie patrols. He then saw some zombies repairing the buildings. Could there be a possibility that the controller wants to create a fortress here? Mario and Yoshi took out all one unit zombie squads, and went looking for Sly.

-Cateraun-
I sense great power… Cateraun mused to himself. Not even the sages have as much power as I’m sensing now. Something or someone whose power nearly rivals mine has appeared on Forao. He paused for a moment. Perhaps it’s just many new, somewhat powerful beings. I shall kill them or manipulate them to serve me. He paused again. But if it IS just one being, I’d like to know more about it than it knows about me… “Vassal!” he cried sharply, signaling to one of the royal soldiers, or vassals, guarding the throne room.

“Yes, my lord?” The vassal who spoke held much less fear in his voice than Cateraun expected. He did, however, show a large amount of respect, so Cateraun spared his life.

“Bring a team out to search the countryside for new, powerful beings. Either one has arrived that is nearly as powerful as me, or several have arrived that have great power, even if they don’t rival my own. Exterminate all new beings that you find, and if you cannot, then report back to me and I will send you many more troops.”

“It shall be done, my lord.” The vassal bowed and left the room.

Grodus began walking. He knew very little of what he was doing, or where he was going, he knew it was time he got some answers. After leaving his room, he began searching out whoever or whatever summoned him here in the first place.

It was warm out in the barren land that consumed his surroundings, but it was not a normal heat. It felt like it was coming from all around him, emanating from the very cores of the being's surrounding. There is great evil here. He sensed, gripping his staff. He was not used to having others of his stature around.

Grodus could hear the faint crunching of the Earth. Someone was near. He continued walking. Grodus reached a bank leading to a small lake below. He stopped, hearing the soft pattering of feet behind him stop as well.

He whipped around, seeing a flash of black dart towards him. Grodus simply placed his staff to the ground; a translucent pink barrier protecting the X-Naut from harm. The blur came into focus for Grodus. A being dressed in royal garb. "The clothing of a guard" Grodus replied aloud, mostly to himself. "I suppose you work for who summoned me?" Grodus wanted the kill, but he wanted answers more.

The being ignored Grodus and lunged for a second attack. Its face was like stone, but fear could be clearly seen in its eyes.

Grodus held up his staff once again. The ground began to rumble, and a fiery blaze sprung up from the ground. The crater emanated a lava-like substance, engulfing the royal guard. With another wave, the fire ceased, and the being laid there, only slightly moving.

Grodus sat down next to the body. "When you awake" he addressed the guard, "you shall bring me to whoever it is that sent you." He grinned. Seems like I'll have some valuable allies after all. With that, he waited for his new victim to awaken.

OOC: Sooo?

Ic:
-Link-

Link sighed after hearing Ichigo’s report on the insect. “Thanks for your help anyways,” he said. He took the cadaver of the insect and stuffed into his sack, which contained many more of his useful items. He figured he would take a closer look at the insect’s body on his own later.

However, he took the insect out of his bag upon hearing Marth’s offer to use a device called the Shield of Seals. Smiling, Link accepted, and began using it to the best of his capabilities.

Suddenly, the entire area around him turned a strange, almost morbid, monochrome of a mixture of peach and gray, with darker areas jet black. Twilight, Link thought, This device lets me see things as if it was enveloped in Twilight… I wonder if it works differently for different people?

Twilight was a separate realm that began invading Hyrule five years previous. It turned its residents into spirits, but Link, having the Triforce, turned into a wolf. Howebver, he found himself completely normal—with the Shield of Seals, it simply appeared as though everything was in Twilight.

The insect itself shone bright yellow. Even though its body was dead, its spirit was still struggling to go to the afterlife. He could see it squirming.

It took him a few moments to figure out a course of action, but when he did, he was very pleased with it. He pulled a device which held a curse over him that trapped him as a wolf, but it was altered years ago by an imp named Midna that allowed him to turn into a wolf whenever he wanted using it. He bit into it, and it turned him into a wolf, just as he had expected. In wolf form, he was able to communicate with any animal.

What are you? Link asked through thought, the primary form of communication with spirits.

A desert crawler, the spirit replied. Now you must tell me what you are.

I will tell you that when you have told me why you attacked me and my friends. Though he was communicating through thoughts, Link couldn’t help but allow an audible growl to escape his mouth.

You are evil! Only the Sages are allowed on our desert! They are the only ones who are pure enough to pass. Neither you nor any of your friends are the Sages, so we needed to get you off our desert before you tarnished its purity.

I see, Link replied, and he truly did see: the reason the Sages had their hideout in that canyon was because the desert crawlers protected them from Cateraun. Instantly, Link was filled with remorse for killing the innocent creature. While it did mean genuine harm, it truly did think Link was evil and fighting on behalf of Cateraun. I am sorry that I killed you, Link said. My friends and I are heroes who come from other worlds besides Forao. We were summoned by the Sages to defeat Cateraun, for they were not strong enough on their own.

Oh. That makes sense. I am sorry that I attacked you.

If I bring you back to life using a magic spell, will you tell your fellow desert crawlers not to attack us? Link asked.

Yes.

Nayru, Link’s goddess of wisdom, was capable of bringing more basic forms of life back to life, such as an insect. Link turned himself back into a human and muttered an incantation, which made a powerful blue light fall to the desert’s floor. It threw itself into the insect’s carcass, and it came back to life, the parts that had been eaten off it regenerated. It looked at Link for several seconds, then scuttled off into the desert.

“Those insects won’t be bothering us anymore,” Link declared. “It attacked us simply because it didn’t understand who we were. They were on our side the whole time.”

After a brief, almost hysteric declaration of a town freshly ruined from Goku, Link headed north, along with everyone else. The journey took several hours, and by the time the group arrived, it was evening. The area was snowy and resting on the bottom of a hill, and there were freshly killed human carcasses wandering the area as zombies. Link used his bow and arrow to kill as many as he could see. Thank god these go down easily, Link thought.

Soras asked Link what they should do as a course of action. Link smiled to think that he was already being regarded as a leader. “Well, Sora, I don’t know yet,” he said. “This town was destroyed quite recently; probably in the last few hours. Unfortunately, I expect the killer is gone from here. Somehow, I don’t think it was Cateraun, as I don’t think he’d risk leaving his throne for the sake of destroying a single small town. It was likely an agent of Cateraun that he sent out to ravage the countryside with a shock and terror mission.”

Despite Link’s calmness, he was truly filled with hatred. He didn’t yet know this Cateraun character for 24 hours, but he already despised him. “What we should do, Sora, is find another nearby town and ask the residents there if they know anything about Cateraun. Knowledge is power, and he doesn’t know anything about us yet, so we should take the upper hand while we still have the chance.”

Ooc:
No Cateraun in this post :( I’m just kind of tired of writing right now. I’ll post as Cateraun later today.

-Sly-
Sly had arrived at the town and was observing the scene from atop a broken rooftop that still stood. His fellow heros, Link, Goku, Mario (now riding a green dinosaur thing named Yoshi), and Sora were all fighting zombies. From what Link said, (“This town was destroyed quite recently; probably in the last few hours. Unfortunately, I expect the killer is gone from here. Somehow, I don’t think it was Cateraun, as I don’t think he’d risk leaving his throne for the sake of destroying a single small town. It was likely an agent of Cateraun that he sent out to ravage the countryside with a shock and terror mission.”), this town was purposely destroyed, and now some being was controlling the dead bodies and forcing them to attack the heros. Just like in China, Sly thought grimly, remembering when he and his to-be-partner at the time, Panda King, were fighting vampire grasshoppers at Tsao's village in China. Suddenly he heard a voice. It started faint, but soon grew. The voice was calling his name, and he suddenly recognized the voice as Mario's. Having any way of rooftop transportation being destroyed in the original invasion, he jumped off and fought his way to the voice, whacking zombies with his cane. He found Mario and Yoshi before too long. "I'm right here!" He yelled over the chaos of battle, preparing to leap onto Yoshi's back.

Sora walked through the town with almost a horrified look on his face. In his life, he had never seen anyone dead before. Maleficent, not even Xemnas would do this kinda thing, he thought. He looked right and saw a child, around the age of 7 pummeled by layers of debris. Sora ran over to the boy and thrown away the woodpiles that crushed the brown haired boy and put his fingers over his throat to check his pulse. It was silent...
Suddenly, as Sora was remorsing the child's death, the boy started to choke the keyblader with a tight grip. Sora was shocked and started to become breathless after ten or so seconds. He looked deeply at the boy's eyes. They were devil red. He did not want to hurt him, in case he was still alive but he summoned a a ball of fire towards the kid to back him off and indeed he did.
The zombie looked angry and his nails enlarged, causing his shoes to break off. His tongue grew snake like. The boy then grabbed another person's body and sickeningly, the child with his mouth sucked the skin, only leaving the skeleton. Sora was disgusted and rose his keyblade, ready for battle. The boy's skin, because he sucked someone else's, became two times as tough and his height enlarged by 6 feet. He was now a tower over Sora. The boy ran towards another dead carcass but Sora stopped him on his way. The boy, then tried to attack with it's green claws towards Sora but he blocked the attack with his blade. Sora kicked him back and slashed him across the side. The beast screamed and ran away, looking for a carcass. He couldn't get any behind Sora or the other heroes. He had to annihilate people in the other town.
Sora looked behind him to see Link and the others.
"We have to stop him before he reaches the other town. Quickly!"

Mario jumped off Yoshi and allowed Sly to use him. "I was looking all over for you! Where are you about to go next?" Asked Mario. But then, he saw a giant cannon on one of the roofs of one of the buildings. "They must've created that..." Mario thought inside his mind. The cannon turned and aimed toward Mario, Sly, and Yoshi. One of the zombie cannon workers loaded the cannon with a cannonball with a skull and crossbones on it. Another zombie cannon operator looked through the scope, and aimed it at Sly. The cannon fired, but then, Yoshi opened his mouth, and ate the cannon ball, and shot it back at the cannon. "I wouldv'e eaten the cannonball, but it needed more salt." Said Yoshi. Mario then asked Sly, "We should help the others. What should we do?"

Last edited:
-Sly-
"Phew... That was close" he said. "Thanks, pal, I owe you one." Suddenly, he saw a giant rough-skinned zombie-boy heading out of town. He saw Sora chasing it, and then Sora yelled "We have to stop him before he reaches the other town. Quickly!" "He should head after that zombie, he seems to be headed out to demolish another town!" Sly yelled. Sly jumped on Yoshi and chased after the zombie with Sora.

Mario saw the snake creature, and went to the other village to build defenses. Mario grabbed green small pipes that would turn into large green pipes and shoot giant Bullet Bills at incoming enemies (not harming heroes). Mario jumped on roofs and built the green pipes, and they turned into large pipes. He then had them turned to the entrance of the village! He then said to the villagers, "Get into your homes and stay there until we say it is safe to come out!" All the villagers ran to there homes an locked the doors. Mario stayed hidden at a position so he could attack the creature if the defenses failed.

Sly and Yoshi arrived at the town to see that Mario had beaten them there and had set up defenses. He dodged a Bullet Bill and went inside the town, where he climbed a pole up to climb ontop of a rooftop. He looked in the direction of the entrance and saw a horde of the zombies from the last town were now headed there along with there new leader, that 6 foot tall boy with rough skin. He saw Mario telling the villagers to stay inside until it was safe. "Good call, Mario" Sly said. "But be prepared incase the zombies get past our defenses."

Back