Smash Bros Site Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but hey I didn't know they would use the minus button that way...

nic7 said:
I'm sure this theory as been brought up before but I'm not in the mood to read through 40 pages of posts... so, yeah.

Does anyone else here think that the delay was to add headset support? I mean it would make complete sense. Endless Ocean was delayed a little while ago and now so was brawl. We know they both have online (Brawl a little more extensively than Endless Ocean) and both are in dire need of headset support.

I mean, even some of the updates have been hinting towards some sort of headset support since the delay. I'm not sure if the online home run derby would even work without headset support. I mean, for the simultaneous derby, it would be execptionally hard to be able to work together to hit that sandbag far distances without being able to choreograph your moves with your buddy. More than just online brawl and online co-op, this mode needs headset support.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various08.html

Alright, when they mention online home run contest under that 4th headline, and Sakurai says that "Although it doesn't look like it, this is an online match"
I just feel something is up.

Why can't you tell? There's got to be some reason why you can't. Because in regular online play, you can easily tell that you're online. I mean, easily...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi01.html

^See the names above the brawlers. Yeah, you can tell...

So, why is it? I have two theories:

The first is that the idea of online home run derby just kind of sprung up out of the ground when they decided to throw in headset support. And they aren't far enough into development in that mode to have it look online and Sakurai is just lying about that screenshot. Which seems the most plausible.

The other is that they couldn't show us a true screenshot of Home Run Derby because it gives something away. Maybe some sort of headset pic in the corner or text boxes or something along those lines. A little more farfetched. But still believable IMO.

I don't know, maybe you have different opinions on why there was the delay. But I have one more theory. What is that fourth pink blur under Snapshot mode? I mean, although the most likely thing has got to be an edit picture mode, I think I wouldn't rule out some sort of chat feature or something along those sorts. I doubt it, but, right now there is nothing you can truely rule out.

They dont know yet. maybe post online i guess. i think the delay was for headsets and MAYBE to get rid of friend codes

Actually EForAll starts tomorrow.

And all the comments about Pichu and the like from Frogger seem to be mainly opinion so there's really no factual argument to be had...I like Pichu, you don't, oh well. Either I'm over it or I'm over typing =P

And bw! why'd you say Tails McCloud is in? That's a member of the forums. Tails the Fox is a Sonic character and Fox McCloud is...well...Fox =P And besides, he was talking about Captain Falcon, nothing bout Fox OR Tails =/

AND you said that Ness and Luigi would be in cuz they were in the original yet you said you doubt Jiggly will be in? WTF?

And use the EDIT button next time -_-

that tight how they put him in, Funny thing is that i saw a fake pic of him in brawl about a week ago, thats werid aint it? now i can finally say this word correctly: DEJAVOO!:yikes:

st.Shinra said:
that tight how they put him in, Funny thing is that i saw a fake pic of him in brawl about a week ago, thats werid aint it? now i can finally say this word correctly: DEJAVOO!:yikes:

I knew he was going to be in the game I just had a feeling. If you think somebody is going to be in the game then they probably will be as an assist trophy so I'm expecting King K Rool and King Dedede to be assist trophies as well

{Axtlár} said:
well Frogger you have just been added to my genius´ list, I didn´t even know you played Smash... have we told you about our Smash site? I´d love to fight against or alonside with you.

I'm telling you if it's Nintendo I've probably bought it, I had it for the 64 and didn't know what it was and now it's just carried on. I don't know, fighting alongside you, I'll have to see if you're good enough. :p

I'm getting a bit worried. Do you think all of these assist trophies will have pre-determined actions, like they did in melee, or do you think they'll actually go after you? The pokemon got frustrating in melee because they did the same things over and over again and it was ridiculously easy to dodge them.

If Sakurai has the AT's Pokemon go after a specific character (If you run away they run after you, if you change direction they follow you) then he might give me a reason to play with items on for years to come...

Frogger said:
I'm telling you if it's Nintendo I've probably bought it, I had it for the 64 and didn't know what it was and now it's just carried on. I don't know, fighting alongside you, I'll have to see if you're good enough. :p
He is :wink:

PM one of us if you'd like to join our clan or Brawl/Clan Site

Updates are getting boring again...
Assist trophies and Pokemon aren't what I want to know about, I wanna know characters, stages, items or NEW modes! And a whole update on controls, you don't get any more boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back