The World Asunder (Sign-Up and OOC Discussion)

Ive decided to not use [strike]Ezio[/strike] Asliare. Instead my second character will be Barthalamuel. I'm beginning to see his role in my posts are going to be much larger than I had originally expected.

If there's a sequel or if a third character is allowed I'll probably add him back. But to be honest 1. Vin and Bart are far more interesting. 2. I'm so busy right now I don't have time to keep two unrelated characters relevant to all that's going in. I mean hell, Vins posts are about what happened days prior because I'm waiting till everything calms down and I have off time to actually keep up with what all is going on in the story. 3. He does seem a bit too unioriginal.

Barthalamuel seems like a bro.

Just to make sure of something again...the potential electricity has as a power source in this world is basically unknown to everyone, yeah? Aside from Vin, of course. Just thinking of ways I could play on this, and I wanted to be totally sure.

Of course, Giga, if Aeolus has any knowledge of this (seems a bit likely considering his electrical powers), feel free to PM me if you don't want to say it in thread. Otherwise I'll assume that Vin (and by extension Barty) is the only person who knows about it.

Last edited:
If another RPers character knows the potential of electricity then I'm unaware of it. But the general public hasn't discovered such, in any country for that matter. So Vin is playing the scientific pioneer role. And I wouldn't say someone with electric powers would be aware that it'd be compatible as a source of power for almost everything. They'd mostly just be aware of how effective it is in battle. Yet that's entirely up to Giga.

Just to make sure of something again...the potential electricity has as a power source in this world is basically unknown to everyone, yeah? Aside from Vin, of course. Just thinking of ways I could play on this, and I wanted to be totally sure.

Of course, Giga, if Aeolus has any knowledge of this (seems a bit likely considering his electrical powers), feel free to PM me if you don't want to say it in thread. Otherwise I'll assume that Vin (and by extension Barty) is the only person who knows about it.

Well Kai Fishwash can fly a plane, which would be pretty tough to do if he didn't know about any of the electrical equipment on board, so yeah I'd say he's probably acquainted with the concept.

Your character uses electrical gadgets all the time, shouldn't he know a little about electricity too?

I would assume these things to be powers by seither.

Your character uses electrical gadgets all the time, shouldn't he know a little about electricity too?
That's what I initially thought, but I guess it's powered by seithr, like Bodine says? That would make sense. But there's obviously some confusion about this, we should have Giga clarify himself, unless Giga already confirmed this to you, Bodine.

That's what I initially thought, but I guess it's powered by seithr, like Bodine says? That would make sense. But there's obviously some confusion about this, we should have Giga clarify himself, unless Giga already confirmed this to you, Bodine.

Having things powered by Seithr would make sense, it would still be interesting to see electricity come into play later on once this whole thing is cleared up though.

we should have Giga clarify himself, unless Giga already confirmed this to you, Bodine.

Nah, I'm pretty sure worldbuilding is for the players in these things. So like, the GM makes the skeleton but things like individual islands or specific technology are just based on whoever introduces them first, then the other players build off of that. Like improv. So absent of what GigaRidley happens to think, Neosquid and Johaggis have been pretty clearly using electricity since the start. Also everyone's been using cell phones, which makes it pretty clear that radio waves got invented more than a couple weeks back. Also electricity I think, right? I think you'd need that to have electromagnetic-wave-based communication. I mean I don't know, maybe it's magic electricity. But if we already have that I think I'm gonna avoid buying stock in TeslaCorp.

Last edited:
Back