Nintendo Wii! Too expensive?

Suner52 said:
I dont get why u ppl'z are bashing me. Im juss saying it is Overly expensive, Maybee for me, because i have a big family who all wnats to play wii. So i have to buy extra controllers and nunchukcss, and i feel teh need for the extra things probably as well as many other people. Soo honestly stop all your bashing Agisnt me. I have gamecube and Ps2, i may not have a ps3. but styll. I payed way less for those consoles and there accessories when they came out
The PS2 was $300 when it was released...

I got mine for 99 dollars =S from some asian store

Suner52 said:
I dont get why u ppl'z are bashing me. Im juss saying it is Overly expensive, Maybee for me, because i have a big family who all wnats to play wii. So i have to buy extra controllers and nunchukcss, and i feel teh need for the extra things probably as well as many other people. Soo honestly stop all your bashing Agisnt me. I have gamecube and Ps2, i may not have a ps3. but styll. I payed way less for those consoles and there accessories when they came out

The point of this thread was?

Why do u need to know?

Suner52 said:
Why do u need to know?
why wouldnt he?
look, if you think the wii is overly expensive, then why did you buy it?? you might as well have just stuck w/ the gamecube and ps2 if you were worried about other ppl wanting to play it.

and btw....

w00t!! 666th post mofos!!!!!!!!!!

, Yeah i don't.. Why does that concern u though, get out of my buisness .

Wii IS 20$ MORE EXPENSIVE!!!!

i just found an u[pdate on the wii's price. I bought it at launch for 269.99 (CDN) and i just saw it at the same store for 289.99 (CDN). What happened

Are you serious ?

Sorry to have to do this so simply but these are the cheapest game essential choices out there for the average gamer.

Microsoft 360 core $ 299.00 + $99.00 hardrive + $50.00 live + $50.00 for 2nd controller + game $59.99 before tax - Total- $560.00
Xbox memory card instead of hardrive Total $480.00

Sony PS3 60gig - $599.00 (because 20gig being discontinued) HDMI cables $75.00 + 2nd controller $50.00 + game 59.99. before tax - Total - $785.00

Nintendo Wii - $249.99 + 2gig sd card $39.99 + 2nd controller $39.99 + nunchuck $19.99 + Lan adapter $29.99 + game $49.99 - Total before tax
$430.00

Now all the above prices are exact, however all the above accesories are not mandatory buy's you can get along without quite a few from each one and still enjoy some private game play time.
How ever no matter how you add it up the Wii will still always be cheaper so please don't complain about the cost because fact of the matter is Nintendo gives you the most for the money right out of the box and all you need to begin playing right out of the box including Wii sports so technically the $49.99 can be deducted from the Wii price column but i put it in there for us Zelda addicts.

Last edited:
elmo_999 said:
Wii IS 20$ MORE EXPENSIVE!!!!

i just found an u[pdate on the wii's price. I bought it at launch for 269.99 (CDN) and i just saw it at the same store for 289.99 (CDN). What happened

It's a canadian thing. You pay $20 more for the Wii, we pay a crapload for our medicide.

The thing that scares me the most is that so many people - that claim to be mature(?) - have to bash someone because you dont share his opinion. It seems that it is all of you that is new to forums - or - simply hasnt grasped the concept of what a Forum is.

Ashenshugar said:
The thing that scares me the most is that so many people - that claim to be mature(?) - have to bash someone because you dont share his opinion. It seems that it is all of you that is new to forums - or - simply hasnt grasped the concept of what a Forum is.

It was an opinion based on lies. Those deserve to be bashed.

vagrant said:
It was an opinion based on lies. Those deserve to be bashed.

Even if every price tag isnt right ( I dont know exactly what your referring too ) it doesnt require a bashing. Forum is for people to Express opinions, not as anger-relief therapy.

The Wii is considered cheap by some and maybe pricey by others, its a matter of opinion and no one can decide which is right or wrong cause neither is. It is not relevant how much Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 costs, those prices only explain how much those consoles cost. Heh, I've heard people who thinks Playstation 3 is cheap cause you get a Blueray player as well.

"You come home one day, you kiss your wife, you say hello to your kids, you bash someones post. Its fun right? Wrong. Dont bash someones post"

Back