Poor Graphics on Wii!

UkranianTractor said:
Can you show me a video or screenshot that looks like it couldn't be played on the cube? I even read a review of Monkey Ball where the reviewer said the graphics were a bit duller than previous cube monkey balls. Don't get me wrong, I think the wii is great but I'm just wanting my mind put to rest a little bit.

i agree with what vagrant said. don't take the quality of your computer as the actual quality. you know that if you watch a video of something over the internet it isn't nearly as good as what it is in person.

Meh, Computers put out a lot better picture than the consoles today.

The Wii puts out a progressive scan signal, its CPU has about twice the clock speed of the GC, and it does all kinds of other things that the GC didn't do.

Some folks may think it didn't catch up to the xbox 360 or the PS3, but I don't think you can really call it a GC if you know the facts. From the GC to the Wii is, imo, a good step.

pmarc is my new best friend.

Even looking at images online aren't going to be as good of quality as the game is. You have to keep in mind that every image and vid you see online has some form of compression.

vagrant said:
Not really, for $400 you can get a new duo core processor, motherboard, awesome gpu, 1 gig of ram, etc. That will play any game out and for a while.

6 months down the line at most and I'd be throwing the thing out the window due to all the slowdown and having to play it in lower resolutions. Not to mention the crashes that occur. sorry, I've just had really bad experiences with PCs. I've learned that the only reason for me having a PC is for Word Processing and the Internet and all you need is a bottom of the line model at £300 if that's all you're using it for. Specifications on PCs are misleading because a lot of processing power and memory is used by the operating system whereas a games consoles entire being is devoted to playing the game that's in the system.:cool:

srry but im 36 and played games all my life and i cannot believe u asked that graphics means nothing gameplay = everything

Listen...the graphics are average..but the games are High Definition in its game play...right now wher we are...i say graphics are good...but you see the xbox 360 has the best graphics but the games suck...PS3 good graphic but to pricey...don't worry about the graphics worry about the game play

Demon Slayer said:
but you see the xbox 360 has the best graphics but the games suck...PS3 good graphic but to pricey...don't worry about the graphics worry about the game play

Whoa, those are some bold comments. Do you even own a 360 and have you played a Ps3?

I can see quite a difference... as can the people who posted that. And let's not forget, that's Cars we're looking at. Video Games based on movies suck both gameplay and graphically almost 98% of the time.

Red Steel-
211581_full.jpg

Back