PROOF that the PS3 sucks MAJOR NUTS: A PS3 owner's complaint/story.

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
So, something freezes, and it now sucks?!?!?!?!

interesting......

Water sucks then? Or is it ice that would suck?

I am confused.

Kumoriken said:
Yeah, y'know, you're right. Sorry, I was pissed beyond belief. Really, not all PS3's did this. I changed the title. But still, you have to admit, way more PS3's had errors than any other console.

...AAAAAND ****. Now I'm forced to hate the Wii, too... Some crazy crap is happening on the video output on my Wii now. >.< Now that's unfortunate. And no, it's nothing related, they're on opposite sides of my TV, and it couldn't be my TV, I already checked. >.< So, I have to send 'em both in. Hopefully Nintendo will be easier to deal with, instead of saying, "Now get your data off the system that you can't even start up." xP

Well, you do realize... Not all PC's are the SAME model. And it's a little thing called a virus. I doubt that there are any PS3 viruses out there yet. xP
By the way, I'm guessing you're a PS3 fanboy. You don't belong here. D:
And yeah, I know I said all PS3's suck, but not all do. But the glitches, like falling in rocks and walking through walls and all that on Oblivion are the PS3's model's fault. Not just mine. And a lot less 360's and BARELY any Wii's froze this early on in the race. Just you y'know.

Lying = bad, little one.
Grammar = friend.

1) not all ps3 are the same model either.
2) it wasnt a virus when my pc froze, it was a dumb mix of hardware
3) dont just assume im a ps3 fanboy, cause im not. i love my wii to death and thats how i found this forum, to find release dates and such for the wii, but instead i found some people like u
4) u generalized in your topic, change it then
5) early on in the race? so you've been keeping track hey? FANBOY! i dont give a flying crap about the race, i just said what i heard from news, alot of 360s suck, and i've heard a few cases of wii's freezing, and same with ps3, but 360 the most. Once again.... i dont care whether it was early in the race or not, they froze alright?

edit: oh ya wheres your grammar mate?
hint: stop putting apostrophes EVERYWHERE WHERE THEY DONT BELONG!

well i could be wrong considering im from australia and our english is slightly different.

oh and if assuming that im little whether in age or size makes u feel slightly superior in your little virtual world then you have u problems

Last edited:
Jonny said:
1) not all ps3 are the same model either.
um. yes. yes they are. once i see a PS3 with new hardware (like new CPU or GPU) then ill agree with you on that one. about the PC statement, im guessing you eather didnt build your own PC and dont know how to maintain it or you did build your own PC but just dont know how to do it correctly.

Mitch2025 said:
um. yes. yes they are. once i see a PS3 with new hardware (like new CPU or GPU) then ill agree with you on that one. about the PC statement, im guessing you eather didnt build your own PC and dont know how to maintain it or you did build your own PC but just dont know how to do it correctly.

I didnt build my own pc, but it froze on me when i FIRST got it, its nothing to do with maintaining. The guy who built it for me was a family friend who owned a small computer business. Besides you've missed my point, i was being sarcastic and mocking the main thread poster on generalising. but since some people cant notice that, looks like i had to explain (*cough random taco cough*. It could have even been a false example for all you know right?

I guess im wrong on the different ps3 models, i just thought jap/us/uk/aus have different ones, well some of them can do things others cant, so thats different. and then theres the 20gb/60gb and those two have there differences too. So u know what i mean.

i dont really like PS3 either, but just cuz your system freezes it doesnt mean the system sucks in general, it just means its faulty. But i see where youre coming from, because i think more PS3s get messed up than Wiis do. My wii only froze once and that was during a system update.

gibsonrocker800 said:
just cuz your system freezes it doesnt mean the system sucks in general, it just means its faulty.

thats what im trying to say, but in the smart arse version ;)

Last edited:
Kumoriken said:
Mmkay, anyway, I'll sum the first part up all quick-like for ya'.

I got a PS3 for Christmas, got Resistance (The ONLY good game that was out for it until about two weeks ago.) and loved it. Played it for two weeks, got over it. Either way, I always liked the Wii better. MUCH better. But I never had any problems with my PS3. So, after getting over Resistance, I didn't play with my PS3 much. Maybe a few hours every two or so weeks. And so, about three days ago, I got Oblivion for the PS3 'cause I figured I'd need more than one game for the PS3 if I was to declare all games ****. Even though I tried out most other games, which actually DID turn out to be ****. So, just like Resistance, Oblivion was one of the only TWO games that were worth the 62 bucks you'd have to spend on them. Anyway, I played Oblivion, and ****IN' LOVED it. Great game, 5 out of 5 if I had to rate it. So, in the first day, while I was explorin' around the world, NUMEROUS times I'd fall INTO rocks or some **** like that. The game would glitch severely, and I would fall into an abyssal plane or some squished area, either way, I couldn't move. I would have to start from the autosave, which wouldn't be too far from where I was. And you can't blame that on the game, either. For one, similar glitches happen in other PS3 games, and secondly, that doesn't happen on the 360 version, ever. ((Not sure about the PC version though.)) So, that's just to start off...
Next incident PISSED ME OFF. SEVERELY. Just yesterday, while I was playing and picking a lock, the ****in' thing FREEZES on me. So, now I have a ****ed up PS3, that I have to send in. After it froze, it wouldn't shut off, so I had to use the switch in the back. Afterward, I'd try and start the thing, and it would turn on, but with no signal or anything coming out of the HDMI cord, and it wouldn't let me turn on the controller. After calling Sony, they told me that they couldn't tell me what was wrong with it and I'd have to send it in, but before I could send it in, I would have to back up all my data and erase all my personal info. How, exactly, am I supposed to do that if it won't start?
Luckily, I managed to get it to turn on ONCE. I backed everything up, but it screwed up again and froze right before I selected, "Reformat." So, I got my data, but what now? Well, I managed to get the thing to start up for about ten minutes at a time. Which wasn't anywhere near long enough to reformat everything. So, I put a fan near the PS3 to see if that would do anything. It actually did, surprisingly. The PS3 isn't freezing, but it takes about 5 minutes to load any selected option in any menu. So, I've reformated it, and I guess I'm sending it in soon. And yes, I tried to use it again after reformatting it.

So, long story short, PS3 + Broke = Suck. D:
A ps3 just like xbox360, i dont kno which 1 is worse.
Xbox froze, showed ring of death(aint that wat it called?) heated, and scratched some of my game cds
PS3 never heard of it, now that im hearing of it, i dont want 1, cause its gonna start freezin like my xbox 360, later on, its dies next day, just like ur ps3, huh kinda funny!
How to sum it up, hmmmmmmmmmm...
Ill use ur term, [PS3+Broke=Suck.]:shocked:

I have not heard of anything bad like this with the PS3...to be honest this is the first complaint I have heard, and it sounds like it is a problem with your individul system, or game...not with all of the consoles.

My ps3 hasn't had one problem. It's worked perfectly.

I have however heard a lot about the 360 complaints...(all the stuff this guy talks about^^^)

En4Neo said:
Atleast the Ps3 didn't altogether die on you like most 360s did at launch. I guess by your logic the 360 sucks too, but even more.
Actually about 4/10 PS3s did altogether die on launch. Any important game forums you went to on the PS3 launch were completely flooded with people saying "MY PS3 IS BROKEN PLEASE HELP" where as the Wii forums on release just had one thread to see if anyone had a broken Wii. Two people did. Two people out of 46 that replied. Thats almost 1/25 is broken. I don't know about the 360 though, I just heard it burnt someones house down or something when the power block set on fire.

Fortnox said:
Actually about 4/10 PS3s did altogether die on launch. Any important game forums you went to on the PS3 launch were completely flooded with people saying "MY PS3 IS BROKEN PLEASE HELP" where as the Wii forums on release just had one thread to see if anyone had a broken Wii. Two people did. Two people out of 46 that replied. Thats almost 1/25 is broken. I don't know about the 360 though, I just heard it burnt someones house down or something when the power block set on fire.

Believe me, more people have had dead 360s than ps3s. I go to many forums and it's a thread with someone's 360 breaking, I hardly ever see any dead ps3 problems.

I seriously have do not know anyone on the net or real life that got a 360 at launch and it still works.

Oh and for the different models thing - I haven't got one so haven't reesearched thoroughly, but on launch many news programs slammed it because people were complaining it was more expensive than the us/jap version, and had less features. I read two newspaper reports saying that they removed a board to save money that meant it was no longer backwards compatible. As I said I have not researched this, but they are the reports that were in our media here. Somebody else might know more.

DrMclony said:
Oh and for the different models thing - I haven't got one so haven't reesearched thoroughly, but on launch many news programs slammed it because people were complaining it was more expensive than the us/jap version, and had less features. I read two newspaper reports saying that they removed a board to save money that meant it was no longer backwards compatible. As I said I have not researched this, but they are the reports that were in our media here. Somebody else might know more.

thats actually what i mean :) i know aus/uk cant play ps2 and 1 games or only roughly 75% of them.

and yeah i hear more about 360 freezing than ps3, but ps3 just came out.
thats the reason why aus/uk didnt get our ps3 shipments till later, they ran out of stock because of all the faulty produced ps3s.
The reason why aus ps3 is so expensive is caues of our high tax rates

Wow another ****ed up PS3 =/
I'll go for Wii60 please ^_^ [Yeah I am quite poor lol]

Jonny said:
360 sucks and i have complete proof too.
when i bought mine it froze on the first day.

oh ya all PCS suck too, cos when i first bought mine it froze.

i didnt even bother reading ur post

funny thing my wii froze a few times b4 too, i had to return it for a new one.
if i dont say wii sucks that wouldnt be too fair on all the other things that froze on me?
i could be here all day telling u what else sucks.

Not very nice, Maybe we don't want to hear your story if you don't want to hear his

Anyways when the 360 was first launched there were MAJOR problems with it and they all got called back in lol. They've fixed it now, Im sure this will happen with the PS3 they'll get better.

Overall good old Nintendo never having problems with ANY of their systems EVER!

Last edited:
Back