PS3 Murks The Entire Mii System And Wii With This

tirminyl said:
They will lower their price if you prefer them to rip the blue-ray drive out, along with the 60gb hd, hdmi, built in wifi, and lock down the software if thats the case, you should just pick up a 360 :smilewinkgrin:

Don't worry, I own a Wii60 and plan to upgrade to a Wii63 end of this year or early next.

Yeah but I really want online play and the 360's costs money. And if they're gonna do a price drop does anyone know if it's gonna be a big one or just like $100 or something

Wii&Ps3 said:
So true. This is comparable to second life. The best part is that its free.

whoa, slow down. I didn't hear anyone say it was free. But it does look like a decent competitor to second life. Although as this point I still have doubts about Sony's credibility, especially for sometihng of a scale this large. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but it makes me glad I went for WiiS3.

Last edited:
Wiinoob said:
Yeah but I really want online play and the 360's costs money. And if they're gonna do a price drop does anyone know if it's gonna be a big one or just like $100 or something

Dude. What the PS3 offers compared to the 360 I don't think there will be a price drop anytime soon. Besides, they need to sell enough to lower production costs before even thinking about dropping the price. For now they will rely on upcoming game titles, online content, and blue-ray movie releases (thanks to studio backup) to drive PS3 sales.

Ruman said:
whoa, slow down. I didn't hear anyone say it was free. But it does look like a decent competitor to second life. Although as this point I still have doubts about Sony's credibility, especially for sometihng of a scale this large. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but it makes me glad I went for WiiS3.
check out ign
its free

and its only $50 for 13 months for xbox live, which is more than worth it

u know iv been having second thought of the wii maybe i should sell it and get a ps3........save me,this stupid thread defeated my faith nintendo for making a better product for once(hypathticly)

I have just seen the video and all I have to say is WOW! WOW, Sony's Creative Development department is GROSSLY OVERPAID!! They copied the Mii idea, and mish mashed it with a touch of second life, sims and xbox live. I have to admit, it looks cool, but as others have said ITS $600+!!! If i really want to chat with friends, there's MSN, Yahoo and AIM. Creating the whole virtual room thing was taken off another website that already does that.

Everyone can say they copied it from Nintendo or from Yahoo or from whatever else......truth of the matter is that that looks amazing, and nobody can deny that.

I'm starting to get worried about the Wii and Nintendo in general. We still arent even going to get online mutliplayer in games for months.....

Sony might have gotten the idea from Nintendo, but they used it and made it even better.

Why does everyone take 1 feature of the PS3 and then tought it for the full price as if it was the only thing it does?

^not to be ps3 fan boy but
1.cell processer
2.way better grapics card
3.online avalibilty already avalible
4.able to connect through bluetooth..store mages without using a sd card..

5. oh and did i mention the grahics card

ask sovitoe he knows more

SOVITOE GET YOUR BUTT HERE AND FINISH THIS POST

Sovieto said:
ps3 has a harddrive
wii dosent
it would be basically impossible for wii to release something of this scale or greater

What's up with the line breaks? :mad2:

I wouldn't like it to be like ps home... as just as long they incorporate miis into games, which is already being done, and allow some type of online communication/gaming.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste my time setting up a room and then walking around and looking at everyone else's room. I hate sims and I never bother to look at other's achievements on the 360. Plus I already have limited amount of playing time as it is...

I guess it's cool that the 360 is giving out prizes now, something that wasn't available when I had my 360. But I would rather unlock in-game material than gain achievement points. Personally, I think it's a rip that they make you pay for maps and extra material... you even had to pay for new weapons in Chromehounds... something that should've just unlockable content.

I don't why Wii owners are worried... PS Home is going after XBL/achievements

Rahnter said:
What's up with the line breaks? :mad2:

I wouldn't like it to be like ps home... as just as long they incorporate miis into games, which is already being done, and allow some type of online communication/gaming.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste my time setting up a room and then walking around and looking at everyone else's room. I hate sims and I never bother to look at other's achievements on the 360. Plus I already have limited amount of playing time as it is...

I guess it's cool that the 360 is giving out prizes now, something that wasn't available when I had my 360. But I would rather unlock in-game material than gain achievement points. Personally, I think it's a rip that they make you pay for maps and extra material... you even had to pay for new weapons in Chromehounds... something that should've just unlockable content.

I don't why Wii owners are worried... PS Home is going after XBL/achievements
nah its more on miis, since the achievement part is only a small section within it

zeon9881 said:
^not to be ps3 fan boy but
1.cell processer
2.way better grapics card
3.online avalibilty already avalible
4.able to connect through bluetooth..store mages without using a sd card..

5. oh and did i mention the grahics card

ask sovitoe he knows more

SOVITOE GET YOUR BUTT HERE AND FINISH THIS POST
:lol:
6. free web browser
7. psp-to-ps3 connectivity
8. download ps1 games to play on psp or with upcoming update on your ps3 upscaled to 1080i
9. play ps2 and ps1 games
10. minimum is a 20gb harddrive
11. download movies shows yadadadada
12. bragging rights to your friends

edit: agg i double posted, thought i posted taht in a different thread, guess not, my bad mates

Sovieto said:
nah its more on miis, since the achievement part is only a small section within it

It's achievements, chat, arcade, all rolled into one, with a sims-like environment.
It's getting rid of xbl menus and creating an online environment... I still prefer menus, but whatever.

Now, does anyone know if you can create multiple avatars?

I just look at miis as a way to create stupid looking characters that you share with friends. And the fact that you can use miis in-game is a plus

Back